Starting an Aeldari army

strawberry fist

Hello all, seeing as it’s coming up to my local stores birthday I thought it would be good to start a non imperium army, so I’ve elected for the Aeldari.

I was looking at buying models that allowed me to play 1000 points to get me started and if it goes well maybe take them to a tournament in December.

So is this a good start:

Alaitoc

Farseer - doom, guide

Spirit seer- conceal/ reveal

Dire avengers X5 power glave and shield

Eldar guardians - x10 support platform shruken cannon

Rangers - x5

Wraithguard - x5 wraithcannons

Fire prism - shruken catapults, spirit stones

War walker - shruken cannons x2

Wave serpent - twin bright lance, shruken cannon, spirit stones

You don't really have any fast options, your troops are mostly good at sitting on objectives or gunlines, drop the war walker for a vyper.  Its not really a list I'd bother with a wave serpent, swap that out for some windriders, that way you don't have to use a wave serpent just to move your troops, Plus your troops are faster moving than you think, they can move about your deployment zone pretty fast. stick your troops on objectives or on a gunline protecting your fire prism and wraithguard, keep your wraithguard out of line of sight though,but even without that its only a 1000 point game so they should be able to weather a bit of fire, this way no one will want to charge your gunline etc. but you still have a moving force that can dakka and take objectives. let your opponent come to you, while doing damage and grabbing objectives with your windriders etc.  You can move your troops around later in the game to grab objectives etc. especially as they'll be less units to worry about and more free space to move without putting yourself in jeopardy.  If you really want your dire avengers to move about swap the wave serpent for a falcon, that way it can still lob heavy fire down the board.  I don't really like sending them up the board, they'll get one turn of shooting off and then they'll get charge and either tar pitted or wiped out as they are a big target, if you are going up against an imperial night or equivalent then I'd chuck them in a wave serpent and send them up the board but you aren't going to be facing anything that dangerous in a 1000 point game, your other units should be capable of taking out a vehicle here and there.  Also ditch the spirit seer for a 1000 point game and either get another farseer or a farseer on a skyrunner. 

Edited by TorvaldTheMild