Time for Craftworld specific characters?

TorvaldTheMild

Well I guess I just fail at expressing myself and views with words and phrases that you will understand so I will just leave the conversation as it is and bow out of any further attempts at explaining them. I have attempted to express my view and maybe it will be adequate for other to understand what I'm saying even if they do or do not agree with them.

Nope, I understood you.  You just have faulty logic.  

No. There is no "faulty logic" in what is a highly subjective issue. The truth is merely that you don't agree with his conclusion. Everyone is entitled to a different opinion on whether or not more special characters are needed and what/who/how many those might be. There is no "correct" answer in this.

I've just started a craftworld force and something I've noticed looking through the codex is although there are a lot of unique HQ options, there isn't many standard, make your own guy HQs with options. There's no options for an autarch on foot, no weapons, no guns and there are only index options. His loadout is the same as Yriel with no ranged bar grenades which honestly blows my mind, to play a standard HQ you have to buy a special character and say that it's not that special character. Maybe I've just been spoiled with space marines with the customisation that you can do with characters.

Well I guess I just fail at expressing myself and views with words and phrases that you will understand so I will just leave the conversation as it is and bow out of any further attempts at explaining them. I have attempted to express my view and maybe it will be adequate for other to understand what I'm saying even if they do or do not agree with them.

Nope, I understood you.  You just have faulty logic.  

No I don't think that you really do, but that is do to my failure. My lack of ability to make it clear what I'm trying to say is at fault as the onus is on me to make my point clear and understandable not on someone else to understand.

Fair do's I thought you insulting me, my fault.

I've just started a craftworld force and something I've noticed looking through the codex is although there are a lot of unique HQ options, there isn't many standard, make your own guy HQs with options. There's no options for an autarch on foot, no weapons, no guns and there are only index options. His loadout is the same as Yriel with no ranged bar grenades which honestly blows my mind, to play a standard HQ you have to buy a special character and say that it's not that special character. Maybe I've just been spoiled with space marines with the customisation that you can do with characters.

I think GW should release upgrade packs for characters like they already do but its a box that has everything you need to make any character in your army, like bits for farseers and autarchs, bits for chaplains and apothecaries etc.  They'd sell like hot cakes but GW are doing this no model no rules nonsense and ruining the fun of kitbashing and converting.  But I still think they should also release named characters, I'm a lore player first and for most and I like to play characters that have actual lore.  When I see a standard HQ I just see a random pair of boots that gets killed in the movie first.  As a Chaos player the spawn kit is perfect, if they could do that for characters it would be amazing, the spawn kit is basically a kitbash kit.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

The no model=no rules thing is bupkiss because there are models for the Index options, they're just not in plastic. GW can have my beautiful Spider pack/mandiblaster/power sword/fusion gun Autarch when they peel it out of my cold, dead hands.

As for lore, I enjoy coming up with my own lore for my own characters. That way I don't have to worry about GW having "my" character do something stupid.

yeah the autarch datasheet is the most frustrating thing in any codex... I've got 2 or 3 autarchs* none of whom are codex legal!

*cant quite remember because I normally run farseers and warlocks

The no model=no rules thing is bupkiss because there are models for the Index options, they're just not in plastic. GW can have my beautiful Spider pack/mandiblaster/power sword/fusion gun Autarch when they peel it out of my cold, dead hands.

As for lore, I enjoy coming up with my own lore for my own characters. That way I don't have to worry about GW having "my" character do something stupid.

index list... aka on its way to legends :'(

I might be wrong but I don't think they have updated the indexes. 

GW announced that instead of updating the indexs what they are going to do is start putting out 'legends' datasheets.

These are going to be a one and done (ie never updated) for legacy models which are no longer made with rules on how to include them into codex lists.

I might be wrong but I don't think they have updated the indexes. 

GW announced that instead of updating the indexs what they are going to do is start putting out 'legends' datasheets.

These are going to be a one and done (ie never updated) for legacy models which are no longer made with rules on how to include them into codex lists.

Why bother if you ask me, the game will change and they will fall behind.  That to me is GW saying 'this will shut them up.'

Edited by TorvaldTheMild