A Video Game with a hopefully interesting concept...

Bruce Malcom

So, this hypothetical game would be a 4x Grand Strategy game, and it would start on Terra. You would begin as the Emperor, just starting his Unification Wars. After you unify Terra (lore accurately or otherwise), you retake the Sol System, meet the Mechanicum (it would be your choice to befriend them, destroy them, show them you're the Big O they worship, hell, even tell them about the Void Dragon), start the Primarch Project. Now, you could actually prevent their scattering but more likely than not they're thrown around the galaxy. From here you do the Crusade and you can do basically whatever you want. This would be the last setting change, however you could progress into the Heresy, War of the Beast, and beyond even the Indominus Crusade if you stick with it long enough. You could have a game where the Dornian Heresy occurs, the Emperor pledges the Imperium to Nurgle, where Vulkan returns before Big Boi G, the Tyranids NOM everything...the list goes on and on.

Sounds cool. When's the release?

:wink:

Hopefully within our lifespans. ;)

Oh wow, enjoy writing and programming that branching narrative... Believe me, having written a game just based on Primarchs fighting the great crusade enough will go wild even in that massively tightened focus.

I mean, of course there would be room to grow, not all this would be at launch. But yeah, it would be an achievement and stressful project to make. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure every HH-40k fan ever and Grand Strategy fans would grab it, so it would be worth it profit-wise, definitely. 

I think the way to make it work would be that you can never do it all; every choice you make denies 2 others. Aka if you choose to befriend the Mechanicum, then that involves having the Emperor himself go to Mars...thus exposing the Primarch project to machinations such as the scattering. Alternatively, you could put all of your efforts into ensuring the Primarch project goes exactly as planned, yet that in turns means you may have to fight the Mechanicum and ultimately be robbed off the enormous logistics chain that alliance provides.

IMO, it would be most interesting to see all the decision points the Emperor faced and get to taste what would happen if he made different choices each step of the way.

Just my take on your concept, so don’t let me trample you’re dreams!

Edit: spelling

Edited by Indefragable

I think the way to make it work would be that you can never do it all; every choice you make denies 2 others. Aka if you choose to befriend the Mechanicum, then that involves having the Emperor himself go to Mars...thus exposing the Primarch project to machinations such as the scattering. Alternatively, you could put all of your efforts into ensuring the Primarch project goes exactly as planned, yet that in turns means you may have to fight the Mechanicum and ultimately be robbed off the enormous logistics chain that alliance provides.

IMO, it would be most interesting to see all the decision points the Emperor faced and get to taste what would happen if he made different choices each step of the way.

Just my take on your concept, so don’t let me trample you’re dreams!

Edit: spelling

It sounds good though.

I was hoping gladius would be something like that. I like the game play loop there, though other mechanics there I don't like. Would be a good baseline for that kind of game. Or in the style of star wars Empire at War. Fantastic game that one.

EDIT- linky to kickstarter please. ;)

Edited by MegaVolt87

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There should be an option to play as different Characters or Factions. Would be interesting to play as a Chaos Warlord on Terra with the option to create Chaos Thunder Warriors, Mass-cloned Psykers and weaker versions of Iron Men

After turning the Mechanicus into the Dark Mechanicum you get to launch the Dark Crusade. Billions of Possessed Humans, Millions of Corrupted Vehicles and Hundreds of Thousands of Cyborg Psyker New Men/Terrata!

For the Final Battle, you get to fight the Silent King, Trazyn and a coalition of Tomb Worlds!