Slay the warlord question

Trevak Dal

Hey so if I were to take a plasma pistol or combiplasma on my warlord and intentionally overcharge it Everytime looking to intentionally kill my own warlord, would that deny my opponent from getting slay the warlord since they didn't kill him?

It doesn't matter who kills the Warlord. As long as he's dead at the end of the battle the enemy gets a point.

The wording is "If the enemy Warlord has been slain during the battle", not "If you have slain the enemy Warlord during the battle".

Same goes for First Blood/First Strike by the way.

good catch... just went back and looked at the objectives in the rule book... & they are also if X has been destroyed in this turn

so no killing off your guys to prevent then enemy getting VPs 

I figured, I memba'd back in 5th/early pre codex 6th with my Tau I'd suicide a ethereal (as warlord, which only came up in 6th on iirc) to get the "preferred enemy" with Shadowsun saving everything from running away.

It was really nasty in early 6th because preferred enemy worked in shooting and not in combat (which Tau were not good at).

I was hated for doing this, because I'd play Arms wide open by Creed when I had him jumping off a building until he died.