Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plastic Zone Mortalis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 665 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
I love the Necromunda bases and have used them on a few minis. I’d been hoping to see a plastic Zone Mortalis tile for awhile but assumed it was a pipe dream.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,640 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Very excited for this! I played a ZM game for the first time two months ago and loved it!

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,115 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Boarding actions as well, For ship vs. Ship combat. There's just so much you can do with them to make a game more Cinematic. We need a release date Valrak!!!

Krash

• Master Commander Ajax and Panzer like this

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts
This sounds great, I wonder if it means a new necromunda box? A couple of spryers chasing gangers would be cool. I'm surprised it isn't a space hulk re release though, the format would be ideal to test the waters.

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts

This is definitely raising hopes just to dash them but imagine if this came as part of a bit of profile raising for the horus heresy, with a focus on small games and Zone Mortalis. You know, the plastic breachers people fantasised about. We can dream.

Anyway new tiles themselves would be great, particularly if there was more Necromunda stuff, but pulling Zone Mortalis rules into 40k would be fun too. Or Kill Team? You kind of have this with Arena but that's so focused on the competitive aspect.

• Marshal Loss, Slave to Darkness, Legionnaire of the VIIth and 2 others like this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,621 posts

would be nice to see Zone Mortalis for 40k too - ( in Addition with Special rules for this. If not there is no Chance against Necrons Canoptech Units out there)

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,734 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I also love boards with part ZM and part regular terrain so people can still bring units that can't enter ZM tiles for "outside" while also requirering units that are going to go "inside" with little to no support from the outside units.

Love it!

"Brother Lieutenant Lahran secure approached to the bunker"

"Brother Sgt Mecheal your terminators with me! we clear this nest in the name of the Emperor"

Sgt Mecheal: Brother captain, do you hear that?

Captain: Hear what sargent?

Sgt Mecheal: some kind of music....

Captain: That is boss music...

*Iron Hands Leviathan dreadnought appears in corridor* 

• Brother_Bethor, Noserenda, Trevak Dal and 8 others like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

would be nice to see Zone Mortalis for 40k too - ( in Addition with Special rules for this. If not there is no Chance against Necrons Canoptech Units out there)

My guess is since Psychic Awakening is adding rules for different warzones (Maiden Worlds, etc) we'll probably see it in one of those. Maybe void-combat themed, like Blood in the Void for 30k.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I have waited for plastic scenery like this since I was a child... Bring it on GW!!!! If this is good you will be forgiven for 8th ed and the Primaris. 

• Master Commander Ajax, Pork Chop Express, Zebulon and 2 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Hellebras

Hellebras

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists, Word Bearers

The price point was always one of the big things keeping me from the FW Zone Mortalis stuff, and I'm not confident enough in my terrain scratchbuilding to make my own board. Which is a shame, it was a fun variant way to play and would be an easy way to run small introductory games. I'll be looking forward to seeing if this pans out.

• Zebulon likes this

sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,044 posts
Plastic, affordable priced zone mortalis would be a money printing license. Love the different style and it's a lot of fun. Would love it for 40k
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Oooooo... this makes me very excited. I always loved playing ZM, it was especially fun with the blip counter rules.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts

always loved the resin ZM stuff, but never bought any due to the price, hopefully if these rumors are true then that same level of quality will be retained.

and if it's going to be part of a new Necromunda box, that might get me into it, as the current stater box doesn't appeal to me due to being packaged with the old outdated rulebook rather then the new updated one.

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 421 posts
  • Faction: Custodes
Plastic Zone Mortalis would be awesome for roleplay too. Damn boi!

Edited by Ezr91aeL, 09 October 2019 - 06:19 AM.

XE7g3TN.jpg2NgmmVH.jpgYlmK7vQ.jpgJfEE2FS.jpg

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 327 posts

I really hope this rumour turns out to be accurate.  I love the ZM tiles.  I had the pleasure of playing on a friends table with these and it is so thematic and atmospheric.  Plastic tiles will be an instant purchase and as an earlier poster stated, a licence to print money.  Fingers crossed.

• 01RTB01 likes this

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,814 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra

I am honor-bound to purchase the censored.gif out of these due to the 40K 5E ZM rules being printed in the Badab War books.

What is everyone's thoughts about using them for 40K as actual ZM and not just fancy terrain, now that ZM seems to be 30K and Necromunda only?

• Captain_Krash likes this

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

I am honor-bound to purchase the censored.gif out of these due to the 40K 5E ZM rules being printed in the Badab War books.

What is everyone's thoughts about using them for 40K as actual ZM and not just fancy terrain, now that ZM seems to be 30K and Necromunda only?

Adepticon runs a decent 8th ed hack:

https://www.adeptico...2018/2018zm.pdf

I’ve used this as a base then houseruled any gaps that come up.
  • RedFox likes this

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
I wonder if they'll do some of the Badzone Delta 7 hazards, either as an upgrade or just reprint the rules and come out with a conversion guide so people can convert their own Zone Mortalis tiles. On that not if anyone knows any online retailers that still stock Badzone Delta 7 tiles, who ship to Australia or are located in Australia, please let me know.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,016 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

I am honor-bound to purchase the censored.gif out of these due to the 40K 5E ZM rules being printed in the Badab War books.

To be honest, if plastic ZM is actually coming then there will almost certainly be an official 8th Edition rules set that goes with it, probably via Chapter Approved.

GW aren't going to go to the trouble and expense of designing a new scenery range and then not support it in their biggest game.

• Panzer likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

armarnis

armarnis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion
I strongly assume they introduce ZM as a theatre of war in the PA2 book. PA1 has already 2 theatres named (high altitude and something else that escapes me right now).

ZM tiles could also work as a filler to "hide" that the factions in book 2 dont get many new toys or even a box set for the case they dont bring one

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts
Here’s a question though, what’s the price point that you guys would grab these? So we had the ~$600 4x4 set, and the realm of battle boards go for $330. These would be more complex than the sector imperialis for sure.

I’m really curious how this will shake out.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts
Well therein lies the rub. I want zone mortalis but the price has to be right. I think it would be more successful released as a kill team type box, which is why I mentioned spacehulk earlier. Then you can buy extra sections to expand the discounted base set.

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 656 posts

Here’s a question though, what’s the price point that you guys would grab these? So we had the ~$600 4x4 set, and the realm of battle boards go for $330. These would be more complex than the sector imperialis for sure.

I’m really curious how this will shake out.

I don't imagine these will be the same as the original FW or Realm of battle boards but rather multi-part scenery kits that will be fully compatible with the other GW 40K scenery ranges.

So a kit with floor tiles, wall sections and consoles etc that you can build in any configuration adding a mix of existing tiles if you want to.

Edited by StraightSilver, 10 October 2019 - 04:07 PM.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,884 posts
Might be a thing for kill team.
  • Legionnaire of the VIIth likes this

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

Might be a thing for kill team.

Should be a thing for Kill Team, at the very least.

ZM for 40K itself? Absolutely yes.

ZM for Apocalypse? Let's see how good Games Workshop really is. :)

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users