So, SoB will shine in glorious newness! What about Guard?

Julgolax

I would love me some plastic Elysians to be honest.

Also there is a chance of Guard getting costum regiment traits.

And fingers crossed when that update happens, new infantry miniatures follow.

Edited by Sete

I'd like Ogryn bodyguard to go down in points a bit.

Pask probably up 10pts.

Ratlings BS2.

Deathstrike to become interesting. Perhaps point on board to hit normally. If hit units within x inches take d3 mortal.

And as mentioned, plastic Kreig with a supporting codex supplement would fly off the shelves so fast...

As posted earlier new plastic sculpts for core regiments.

• 2 weeks later...

Just give me a greatcoat kit with optional heads (could stick in some Krieg style gasmasked heads, some fluffy hats in the Valhallan style and some normal generic looking helmet dudes) and Ill be a happy camper. 

• 2 weeks later...

The versatility of the current range of Imperial Guard is what I love most about the faction and is what I fear would disappear completely if GW were to update them. As people on this thread have already pointed out, there are plenty of third party bits out there to make your Guardsmen "your dudes". Plus, with the way GW is heading in terms of model design, they're certainly opting for more detail at the expense of customisability, which arguably works for some armies but for a horde force like ours, the lack of posability will get old really quickly.

I like to see the Cadian kits as the T-34 tanks of the current 40K range. They're quite dated and a bit rough around the edges but they're also very reliable, very customisable and they just work.