Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flesh Tearers... Chapter Tactic/Supplement?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Blood Angels

An interesting brain smart I had earlier today. Crimson Fists essentially have their one character and they got a whole chapter tactic that is altogether different than IF, they also have a chapter master model in Pedro.

My thinking, FT's are a pretty "fleshed" out chapter and Seth has his own model. Might be pretty interesting to see if the boys in redder red might get their own version of the red thirst? something along the lines of +2 to any movement that moves closer to enemy models?

What are your thoughts?

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,673 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
It would be great if they got their own dedicated book, but I'm not sure that there's enough interest in them at GW. I could, however, see the Flesh Tearers getting their "Codex Supplement" in the same way that the Crimson Fists did - via an Index Astartes article with an attached codex supplement in an issue of White Dwarf magazine.
  • Spyros likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Thoridon

Thoridon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts
Extra Ragey: Instead of rolling dice on the table, Flesh Tearers players must lob a load of dice at the nearest wall while screaming incoherently and lashing out at anyone nearby. Any dice that can be found are automatic wounds regardless of the result.
  • Aothaine, sfPanzer, Are Verlo and 3 others like this

Thor's Blood Angels (Topic): Link
Thor's Imperial Guard (Topic): Link

yIgPssd.jpgsml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts

Could be, but considering CF are folded in with IF. I could see TF's getting their own section in a new BA book potentially, with an adapted chapter tactic.

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,232 posts

We'll get one as soon as Seth gets Embiggened. 

I hope. 

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 753 posts
Embiggened

My new favorite term for the Rubicon Primaris. biggrin.png

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,303 posts
  • Faction: Still Undecided

I hope. 

As much as I hope this happens. It would be really really strange since my boy Seth doesn't trust the primaris at all and thinks they are plants.

• Spyros and Majkhel like this

gallery_45765_12339_7181.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.png
The Argent Fists - Space Marines: Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists

The Moirai - Chaos Knights: Sisters of Fate

Renegade White Scars - Chaos Space Marines

Order of the Steel Rose - Sisters of Battle

4th Company - Dark Angels

The Roaring Lions - Ultima Founding Successor that I can use with any ruleset

Short Stories: Brother Ashur

Slothysaur

Slothysaur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts
  • Faction: Ironbloods
Seth doesn't like plants? Makes sense, I can see him disliking vegetables... :D

In all seriousness, I see Seth becoming Primaris as unlikely at best. However, Iron Hands got a named character, so I guess anything is possible.

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_02.gif

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,303 posts

Seth doesn't like plants? Makes sense, I can see him disliking vegetables... biggrin.png

He thinks they are spies lol. He doesn't trust them at all.

But that would be the ones that were brought with Guilliman. I wonder what he would think of primarised recruits from their home world. 

Also, if they do it he needs to be almost as tall as Guilliman. Dude is freakishly big in the lore from what I remember and they better do his chain-greatsword justice lol! 

Edited by Aothaine, 10 October 2019 - 06:36 PM.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,379 posts
I think they'll just cover them in the codex to be honest.

If GW feel generous they may get their own CT, but honestly I doubt it. Maybe a Warlord trait/ relic/ Stratagem their own?

BluejayJunior

BluejayJunior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

They could add successor traits to the BA/DA books or put in rules that allow them to use the codex ones. And if they did that, they could give FT their own chapter tactic, or at least suggest successor traits for them. 

I hope. 

What a perfectly cromulent word for it. 

Edited by BluejayJunior, 10 October 2019 - 12:07 PM.

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_48988_15465_18311.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,232 posts

I hope. 

As much as I hope this happens. It would be really really strange since my boy Seth doesn't trust the primaris at all and thinks they are plants.

Meh. Many astartes think the same about Techmarines. Either way, he won't have a choice if he's near death and is subjected to the Calgarian Rites at the order of Dante.

I want a primaris scale eviscerator.  

• Aothaine likes this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,303 posts

Meh. Many astartes think the same about Techmarines. Either way, he won't have a choice if he's near death and is subjected to the Calgarian Rites at the order of Dante.

I want a primaris scale eviscerator.  

True.. but do you think Seth would accept it? I have my doubts, even if Dante ordered it I think Seth would push back. Hell Dante was exceptionally careful when he was talking with Seth in Devastation of Baal. Like, way overly careful. I think Dante knows that he is dealing with a ticking time bomb when it comes to Seth and he doesn't want to be there when it goes off. 

It would be really interesting to see how Seth reacts to the Sanguinor.

Edited by Aothaine, 10 October 2019 - 10:43 PM.

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts
What holds back flesh tearers isn’t the lack of special stratagems or chapter tactic; it’s that the blood angels hog all the best relics!

FT just need access to angels wing etc

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
No doubt if BA get an updated dex sooner rather than later, Blood Angels will get a second part to their existing tactic, and maybe FT will get a different second part. However, if the rumours about BA being in Psychic Awakening pert 3, probably against Tyranids, but maybe CSM, come to fruition, then I could see Flesh Tearers getting an IA Article. As far as rules go I’d like +1 attack on the charge (+2 for Death Coy.), in addition to the Red Thirst we already get. That would mean we’d be pumping out a bucketload of attacks, especially with Shock Assault in play. I’ve already mentioned in another thread I’d like to see BA get something for their rhinos in-line with their older overcharged engines rule.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants, 11 October 2019 - 10:14 AM.

gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,774 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Dante has no business ordering anything to Seth. Both are Chapter Masters of their own chapters. Even as regent of Imperium Nihilus it's something that doesn't change. However it's true that if Seth is gravely injured and somebody decides to save his life that way there's nothing he can do about it. He'll be super pissed about it though lol

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts

Dante has no business ordering anything to Seth. Both are Chapter Masters of their own chapters. Even as regent of Imperium Nihilus it's something that doesn't change. However it's true that if Seth is gravely injured and somebody decides to save his life that way there's nothing he can do about it. He'll be super pissed about it though lol

Maybe when he sees THE POWAH that becoming embiggened gives he'll change his mind. They retconned the way DA feel about primaris so anything goes
  • Xenith likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,774 posts

They didn't retcon anything about how DA feel about primaris. It just evolved. That's a big differences.

• Xenith and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,232 posts

I fully recommend reading Spear of the Emperor, other than being a really good 40k book, it gives some insight into Primaris/First Generation interactions. 

• Charlo likes this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 753 posts

Maybe when he sees THE POWAH that becoming embiggened gives he'll change his mind. They retconned the way DA feel about primaris so anything goes

They didn't retcon anything about how DA feel about primaris. It just evolved. That's a big differences.

The difference being a retcon would be "Dark Angels liked the Primaris from the beginning" and moving the plot forward is "Dark Angels have warmed up to the Primaris".

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 954 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

I don't know if I could except Seth taking the plunge to Primaris from a Lore perspective...will GW mess his character up with shoddy lore? Absolutely

Krash

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,126 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
He didnt like primaris as he felt they were red ultramarine basically.

We already know that primaris get the thirst now though. Which means his view has probably already changed tbh.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,232 posts

He didnt like primaris as he felt they were red ultramarine basically.

We already know that primaris get the thirst now though. Which means his view has probably already changed tbh.

Indeed, after 100 years spent following Guilliman about, they adopted his tactics.

Again, Spear of the Emperor shows Primaris in a different way. 

After 100 years fighting with them, I'm sure Seth will appreciate that extra attack. 

Remtek

Remtek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 822 posts

I'm hoping they get access to BA relics, since the successors in the supplement have access to them via strats. Itching to use Gabriel Seth more :)

• dice4thedicegod likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,774 posts

I hope so too. I don't mind paying an extra CP like the vanilla Marines do even. I'd be happy enough to have my Knights of Baal be what they are instead of counts-as Blood Angels.

Disclaimer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users