Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Klod's Blood Angels collection and WIP

Blood Angels WIP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Klod's Blood Angels

Greetings Brothers, I thought I'd create a thread to keep my WIP and finished models in one place. I've been in the hobby for less then 2 years. I'm a slow painter so this is how my army looks like so far (not counting my Warcry Warband). The setting, novels and fluff is what I enjoy the most about the hobby, so it affects how much I paint/buy modelwise. Also my goal is not as much as to paint a lot of models, but to get better at painting.

I started with Kill Team beacause I don't enjoy playing with or against unpainted models. Kill Team was a good entry game because you need only a handfull of models. We played several very fun campaigns with my friend, and in those campaigns heroes were forged. More below.

I have my own 11's Company, because I wanted to create some of my own Characters, while also being able to play with named Blood Angels characters, who I love very much.

Captain Karlaen leading The Emperor's Finest

As of now I don't have a Captain for my 11's Company. I haven't found a suitable candidate yet, and I'm not really trying to create one on purpose. Time will show who deserves it.

Because of this I added Karlaen to my army. Since he is the Captain of the 1st Company, it wouldn't be weird for him to lead another Company.

Spoiler

Blood and Bone

Sanguinary Priest Calisto took part in one of my Kill Team Campaigns. He kept many Brothers, including Brother Sergeant Gabriel, alive.

Chaplain Zaphen was assigned to a Kill Team. After Brother Sergeant fell to the Black Rage, Zaphen joined the squad to keep an eye on other Brothers and make sure that the mission is completed.

Lieutenant Emeric was part of a Kill Team sent by the Adeptus Mechanicus (as payment for repairs of Chapter vessel after it took a beating) to investigate a Vault found on a distant Planet near the Tau Empire border. Many foul xenos fell to his Encarmine Axe, which was granted to him by the Sanguinary Guard Order as a token of gratitude for his unshakeble will and combat prowess in a conflict that would have seen many Golden Brothers slain.

Spoiler

Unnamed Primaris Librarian and Brother Librarian Falkeon

Brother Falkeon, whose name fits his falcon-like fighting style, took part in a Campaign against the Big Mek Zog Git. Swooping down into the heart of battle he delivered decisive kills taking key objectives from the enemy.

Spoiler

Sniper Scouts

Some of the Sniper squad took part in the Campaign against the Tau. On'cleon and Vincent stood out amongst the others thanks to their true aim and clean kills. They are ready to cross the Rubicon Primaris and become Eliminators in the near future.

Spoiler

Scout Squad

The Scout Squad were exceptional in several Campaigns and showed that they are not to be taken lightly. 'Maneater' Manfred, originaly a child from a tribe rumoured to be canibals, delivered death with his Heavy Bolter loaded with Hellfire Shells.

Spoiler

Hellblasters

Spoiler

Astorath the Grim leading the Death Company

The hertiage of Sanguinius

Spoiler

Brother Sergeant Lucius and Brother Sergeant Goro

The most felixble of all units, the Tactical Squad took part in many Campaigns and were essential to all of them. Brother Sergeant Lucius, a skillful swordsman and stern Leader, shows great potential to become a Lieutenant or even Captain in the future.

Brother Sergeant Goro, whose tactical and flexible mind is just as dangerous to his enemies as his Power Fist, is a close second candidate for a promotion.

(This tactical Squad were my first ever bought and painted models. Some models have a darker red because I painted them differently back then. My current colour scheme is a bright red)

Spoiler

Primaris Marines

I wish they were availiable in black.

Spoiler

Inceptors

They keep breaking, sigh...

Spoiler

Honorable Brother Gabriel

Brother Sergeant Gabriel was the Leader of our very first Kill Team Campaign. His Power Fist and Plasma Pistol delivered Emperor's Justice to the foul Death Guard, but most noticeably he JUST WOULDNT DIE. Alas in the second last mission he finally went down and suffered a horrible injury, meaning he couldn't take part in the very last mission. Though the last mission went very well under Lucius' command, Gabriel's wounds were to great for simple bionics. For his resilience, skill in combat and decades of flawless leadership, he wast granted the honour to keep fighting for The Emperor and Sanguinius, as a Redemptor Dreadnought. For Only In Death Does Duty End.

His chassis is equiped in accordance with his old weapons of choice: Plasma Pistol and Power Fist.

Spoiler

Reiver Squad

The Reiver Squad took part in the Campaign against Tau. Many Brothers fell during those fated missions. Although Brother Sergeant Aizek showed remarkable command and combat skills, he lost his blood brother to the xenos. Not a day passes without him grieving on that loss.

Spoiler

StarSmasha

StarSmasha is a sneaky git who would appear randomly during our Campaigns and attack anything in sight. Unbeknownst to the Chapter, he lives on the vessel pretending to be a barrel.

Spoiler

Edited by Klod, 14 October 2019 - 04:17 AM.

• Bjorn Firewalker, Quixus, Xenith and 6 others like this

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,002 posts
Awesome stuff very clean they're amazing.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_101149_13675_4249.jpg

Jønke

Jønke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts

2 years only? Wow. Great amount of models paintet imho. And they look great!

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,953 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Fine works, all.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,175 posts

Great collection!
I really like the battle damage on the Inceptors smile.png
Edit: as for their constant breaking-off - I would heartily recommend pinning them into some rocks and fogetting those sticks. I did so with mine and never once regretted it. They're in my WIP thread if your interested ;)

Edited by Majkhel, 13 October 2019 - 05:18 PM.

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_9630.jpggallery_62972_14467_3723.jpggallery_48988_15465_18311.png gallery_105306_14812_7522.png gallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_4261.gifgallery_105306_14812_1229.gif

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,305 posts

Great work so far, love the background too. Those Hellblasters have me wobbling back to painting my Primaris as BA...

Mostwanted

Mostwanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts
That's a really great looking force you've got! Really impressive that you've got to this standard having only been in the hobby less than 2 years as well.
What tufts do you use on the bases? They look a bit more realistic than GW ones.

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts

That's a really great looking force you've got! Really impressive that you've got to this standard having only been in the hobby less than 2 years as well.
What tufts do you use on the bases? They look a bit more realistic than GW ones.

Thank you.

Those are standard GW Middenland Tufts.

Mordas

Mordas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts

lovely looking models there great job!

also loving StarSmasha great little bit of character for games

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels, WIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic