Lesser-Known Chapters You Want Spotlighted

bluntblade

The Revilers.

The sole bit of fluff about them is that they have been waging a shadow war against the Alpha Legion for 10k years, and that they followed directly in the footsteps of the Raven Guard in terms of how they operate.

Given that bit of lore, I would not be surprised that during the Second Founding they were the other half of Istvaan V survivors that were dubbed the Talons and led by Agapito Nav.

We already know who became the Raptors and the Black Guard. But no mention was made of which portion of the remaining Legion became the Revilers.

• Angels of the Covenant (my favorite of the Unforgiven in terms of their appearance)

Did you mean “Guardians of the Covenant?”

Yup, that's the one. It occurred to me this morning that I'd used the wrong name, but ya'll caught me before I could edit. :blush.:

I'd like it if any older Chapters finally had the spotlight shine on them, but especially:

The Rainbow Warriors - they have been around since Rogue Trader days yet still essentially remain just a name and colour scheme. There is also the mystery of what happened to their home world (noted in several maps as lost contact in recent editions).

The Howling Griffins - another 'name & paint scheme' Chapter that has been around forever that deserves some love.

The Abyssal Crusade Chapters - who wouldn't like to read about 30 Chapters fighting their way through the Eye of Terror and how all but one fell to Chaos?

I don't have a preference for this, BL or WD, either is fine by me.

The Howling Griffins - another 'name & paint scheme' Chapter that has been around forever that deserves some love.

The Howling Griffons were fleshed out in the Badab War books from Forge World. ;)

True. I was looking at it from a BL novel angle, but a reread of the OP I see that he was talking campaigns.

I would love more lore and info on the Exorcists. They get passing mentions in some books, but I haven't found anything where there was any lore on them other than that they let daemons possess them and then exorcise themselves.

More details on the Chapter's history are welcome, especially on the historical battles they fought, the crusades they participated in.

I'm also concerned with how the Exorcists perform in-game. As they're rumored to be a Grey Knights successor (in Aaron Dembski-Bowden's The Emperor's Gift), we should be allowed to have the Exorcists "count as Grey Knights," unless Games Workshop writes original Chapter Tactics for them in a Codex: Space Marines supplement.

I have a whole flesh tearers army that ended up shelved after Matt Ward took a stab at giving their lore an update. Andy Smilie has done an amazing job but the seeking redemption spin has made me disinterested. Since then I’m always nervous about new lore coming out for chapters I’ve invested myself in.

A random chapter I have no skin for that I would like to see more about is the Schythes of the Emperor. The ghoul stars seems like such an interesting place.