Shrine Worlds and Marine recruitment?

I know marine chapters recruit from many different types of planet but has there been any chapters that recruit from a Shrine World or would the Ecclesiarchy be protective over 'their' turf? I dont see any reason why a Chapter couldnt have a Shrine World as their Homeworld but I can imagine the church might have something to say about it. 

I can't think of any official ones, but a few of us have created DIY Chapters who are believers.

My own was a good few years ago (I suspect the post is long archived), they were called the Emperor's Blade. They were created during the time before the Age of Apostasy when the Ecclesiarchy was at the height of its power and influence. They began as a Crusade Chapter going to free worlds captured by the Word Bearers near the Maelstrom, and the final world they freed as part of the campaign was declared an Ecclesiarchy Shrine World and at the same time the Chapter made it their Homeworld. Since then, the Chapter recruits from the devout populace as well as the thousands of pilgrim families that come to worship at the Shrine World every year.

Whatdya know, found the link!!! http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/284154-ia-emperors-blade/

• 2 weeks later...

There certainly are devout Chapters out there, notably the newer Ultima Founding of the Sons of the Phoenix. It would stand to reason that the Astartes can opt to recruit from such worlds, but in terms of a political standpoint to prevent tensions and warfare, I'd imagine that there are strong ties to the Ecclesiarchy to allow this to happen or the Chapter are proven to display devout beliefs in the God Emperor.

Cambrius