Tank Girl: Youtube channel about Warhammer (In Spanish)

vMI7joMH_400x400.jpg

A very good friend of mine, Sarah, wargamer and miniature painter, opened a Youtube channel, call Tank Girl. It's a spanish Warhammer channel, with lof of videos about W40K, especially painting, conversions, background and playing. There are other videos about events, non-warhammer board games and wargames, interviews, etc. but the bulk is about W40K.

It's going to reach 100 vídeos very very soon, so in want to spread the word, and make some promo XD

This is the channel, and here some vídeos:

Iron Hands

White Scars

Mechanicus special conversion

Chaos Knights

Sisters of Silence

Primaris Space Wolves Minotaurs, & Black Templar

Adeptus Custodes

I recommend it

Edited by AgramarTheLunarWolf

I don't speak Spanish, but I kinda wish I did. Seems to be a stellar production, so I'm hoping the channel grows! Great to have more resources available to more people in the hobby.

Sure wish it was in English.

I wish it was in Swahili.

I don't think he meant anything offensive by saying he wishes it was in English, I assume English is his native language and he doesn't know Spanish so while the channel is well done it doesn't do much for him. He should of course correct me if I'm wrong as I am speaking for someone else.

I think it is great that there are channels in peoples native languages so that those who speak them and not English can have great channels as well but just like the English channels, if individuals doesn't speak the language they won't be able to really enjoy the material. It doesn't matter how great my material is in English if the individual watching it doesn't know English and would have enjoyed it in their native Spanish, Deutsch, 日本語, ect.

Can't help but feel that some people are over reacting to a simple sentence.

That aside, from my limited understanding it looks like a well made channel.

Edited by Legionnaire of the VIIth

Can't help but feel that some people are over reacting to a simple sentence.

Who, me with my sly Swahili comment, or the OP, who just mentions variety? Cause it would sure seem that having a deep dive into the meanings of a 6-word post was the first over reaction.

Yeah English is my language. I have actually watched a couple episodes but not understanding what’s going on is detrimental to enjoying the content.

Not every piece of content has to be for everyone. The thread title says it's in Spanish, the post says it's a Spanish channel. Do you go to Mexican restaurants and remark that that you wish they served Italian? What do you possibly think your post has to do with the topic? Is it a critique that they should have done it in a language Black Blow Fly on the Bolter and Chainsword understands?

We don't need to discuss the language anymore. It's WH40K content, which is all I asked for before giving permission for the site to be "advertised" here. Those of us that understand Spanish can get the most benefit from watching the videos while those of us that don't understand Spanish get less benefit. The B&C is an English-speaking board, but the rest of the internet doesn't have that restriction (fortunately). It seems unreasonable to expect every useful website/file to be in a language we understand (it's not like every English-language content also comes with translations into every other language, after all).

As with pretty much everything else posted here at the B&C, this site is useful/interesting to some, and less useful/interesting to others. That's okay. :cool.:

Well, the automatic translation to english for the subtitles is a bit funny at times, but helped me watch that channel without having to rely on what little spanish I remember from back in school.

edit:

To get translated subtitles, activate subtitles on the bottom of the player, then click on the cog right next to it and navigate to subtitles -> choose translated to and pick your language of choice.

edit3:

Just found out that subtitles are only available for some of the videos.

edit2:

talks about the astra militarum, explains the lore and what draws people to this army, shows a combined arms army and units and finally shows how the tanks are painted. What I do not like about that last part is that, while it is broken down into steps and explains the colors used, it does not show how the color is applied to the model. It's okay to skip after showing one or two brush strokes resp. after a small section is done, but if it doesn't show how the paint is applied to the tank, how are we supposed to learn from it? that would be one thing that could imho be improved upon. On the other hand, the lore section and what draws people towards this army is very well made.

Edited by Exilyth