1500 Point Maru Skara

StrangerOrders

Hello folks!

Thought I'd run by a list I am partial to here, this is a loyalist Maru Skara for 1500. The Hidden Blade is the Contemptor and the Blades with the Champion attached. The Praetor tags along with the Assault Squad.

Have about 3k of EC so I will post a few other lists here but I'd like to start with folks picking apart my habitual list! 

HQ: 305

Legion Praetor… 100 Points
Paragon Blade… 25 Points
Iron Halo… 25 Points
Jump Pack… 20 Points

Legion Centurian… 50 Points
Champion Consul… 35 Points
Master-Crafted Paragon Blade… 20 Points
Refractor Field… 10 Points
Jump Pack… 20 Points

Elite: 405

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought… 175 Points
2 CCW with inbuilt Melta… 15 Points
Extra Armor… 5 Points

Palatine Blade Squad… 135 Points
Phoenix Spears… 50 Points
Jump Packs… 25 Points

Troops: 580

Legion Tactical Squad… 125 Points
10 Additional Astartes… 100 Points
Phoenix Spear on Sergeant… 15 Points

Legion Assault Squad… 175 Points
10 Additional Astartes… 130 Points
2 Power Axes… 20 Points

Heavy Support: 210

Fire Raptor Gunship… 200 Points
Reaper Cannons… 10 Points

Like your list but with Blades now all having access to artificer armour it’s too good not to make these flying terminators. Only way you can do this is to cut points from the Raptor which may be a bit overpowered for a 1500pt list

Tell you the truth, I am always just a bit nervous of going for Artificer since its still a bit pricy and they lack invuls.

Fair point on the Fire Raptor, it is usually the one unit I can guarantee will make back its point.:sweat:

Agree to ditch the Fire raptor, and for the points left over after paying for artificial armour you also should get some apothecaries, that will effectively give you Tartaros terminators with jump packs.

Keep in mid that that unit will be quite vulnerable to turn one deep striking plasma support squad or deep striking plasma vets. With warmonger introduced in book eight we will see more shooty units deep striking with warmongers.

Also at 1500p you won't see much vehicles, the CCW on the dreadnought are strong enough to take down vehicles too, it's a good idea to have two CCW on the dreadnought but consider switching out the meltaguns to plasma blasters that are more effective against infantry (that you will see more of at 1500p games).

Ditching the fire raptor also makes you list legal for centurion games.

Consider squeezing in apothecaries in your two 20x blob squads, the 5+++ benefit will be very low cost for you when you spread out the cost of two apothecaries among 40x infantry compared to have them in two 10x man squads.

In theory, you can give 60x infantry feel no pain with just three apothecaries spread out in 20x man squads. That is a very efficient manner of spending points.

Alright, took the feedback in and reconsidered.

Had to scrap the Extra Armour on the Dread to kit out both of the Apothecaries with Packs to keep up and give them good armour. One will join the Praetor and the assault squad, the other will go with the champion and the blades.

Otherwise, same strat. Hidden Blade are the Dread with the Champ, Blades and Apoth.

HQ: 305

Legion Praetor… 100 Points
Paragon Blade… 25 Points
Iron Halo… 25 Points
Jump Pack… 20 Points

Legion Centurian… 50 Points
Champion Consul… 35 Points
Master-Crafted Paragon Blade… 20 Points
Refractor Field… 10 Points
Jump Pack… 20 Points

Elite: 615

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought… 175 Points
2 CCW with inbuilt Plasma… 40 Points

Palatine Blade Squad… 135 Points
Phoenix Spears… 50 Points
Jump Packs… 25 Points
Artificer Armour… 50 Points

Apothecarion Detachment… 45 Points
Jump Pack… 30 Points
Additional Apothecary… 45 Points
Artificer Armour… 20 Points

Troops: 580

Legion Tactical Squad… 125 Points
10 Additional Astartes… 100 Points

Legion Assault Squad… 175 Points
10 Additional Astartes… 130 Points
2 Power Axes… 20 Points

You have two apothecaries with art.armour and jump packs were one goes in the assault squad and the other in the palatine squad.

Your centurion cost is 135p and your praetor 170p. At 1500p, I'd consider using only one of the two tooled up characters and use the freed up points to increase the size of the 5 man palatine squad. 5 man strong palatine squad is quite low body count although they have 2+/5+++. For example, if your opponent gets turn one and deep strikes a unit of ternimators with combiplasma, or tactical support with plasmaguns you will have between on average 10-20 plasma shots hitting that 5 man squad (that costs 260p) and forcing them to roll on average 5-10 5+ feel no pains, you will easily have that squad loose around half of the strength (and their valuable AP2 charge attacks) before you can charge next turn, So to wear out a first turn shooting, you should beef up that unit to at least 7 or 8.

So looking at your second list, I realise that I'd consider ditching one of the HQ characters and use the points for another apothecary for the 20x tactical squad and use the leftover points to increase the unit size of the palatine squad.

Compare your ca 150p HQ-character that is 2-4 wounds. have 3-4 attacks with AP2, 3+ armour save and either 4++ or 5++ invul save. For that many points you get ca 5 more tooled up palatine blades (around 30p each when tooled up) with 2 base attacks each or get 2-3 more palatine blades and another apothecary that can give 20 of your infantry 5+ feel no pain in one go.

As an EC player you are reliant on getting the charge, so you will have to deploy in a much more clever manner than the average player, you need to anticipate beforehand what your opponent will do and plan accordingly to get the charges or your phoenix spears and your legion specific perks don't pay for themselves.