Today, The Legions Eradicated...

NTaW

"In the eyes of the Phaerons and Overlords, the young races are simply the dust that has gathered between the cracks of their empire - and, like dust, they must be swept away."

Since we all know that any Phaeron worth their noctilith deposits loves to gloat about their victories and inspired by several threads about the B&C (notably "Today, The Death Company Killed..." over in the Blood Angels sub-forum), here for your pompous pleasure is a thread dedicated solely to our collective successes on the tabletop.

Has one of your units stood out in the complete and utter destruction of your enemies? Did your underdog unit just win you a game? Does a particular unit in your army have an extravagant kill count? We want your stories! I will add honourable mentions and particularly marvelous kill counts (maybe even kill-count rivalries between champions from the various Dynasties here...?) to this post as the tales are told.

For example, 

One game I had a squad of 20 Warriors, backed by the Talent For Annihilation stratagem and a Lord while screened by two squads of 10 Warriors, take out two squads of 30 Ork Boyz, two squads of 10 Gretchin, and either a Painboy or a Weirdboy (can't recall which) only to see the enemy Warboss/Warlord run away to a backfield objective out of LoS. Their gauss fire practically secured half the board for me that game.

What stories of glorious (re)conquest do you all have to share?

• 2 months later...

First game with a full size squad of sword and shield Lychguard yesterday. Used the Disruption Shield Amplification stratagem after Veiling them behind Eldar lines and ended up returning 12 mortal wounds across a few squads while only taking 14 wounds to the unit. Command points well spent I'd say!

4 of the 7 dead Lychguard got back up the following turn and proceeded to smash a second infantry unit before taking another round of point blank shooting. Their sacrifice allowed the rest of my army to move up and take the game-winning objectives.

One game I had a squad of 20 Warriors, backed by the Talent For Annihilation stratagem and a Lord while screened by two squads of 10 Warriors, take out two squads of 30 Ork Boyz, two squads of 10 Gretchin, and either a Painboy or a Weirdboy (can't recall which) only to see the enemy Warboss/Warlord run away to a backfield objective out of LoS. Their gauss fire practically secured half the board for me that game.

We greenskins will not stand for such lies and propaganda! Warbosses do not run away! This is how I know you are lying! And I am not counting the grots, they are grots!

(Seriously, good turn and game to take out that many boyz, I love seeing games like that, I will bet you were a happy tomb lord. I would also bet my fellow warboss was not happy.)

We greenskins will not stand for such lies and propaganda! Warbosses do not run away! This is how I know you are lying! And I am not counting the grots, they are grots!

(Seriously, good turn and game to take out that many boyz, I love seeing games like that, I will bet you were a happy tomb lord. I would also bet my fellow warboss was not happy.)

In all fairness that was across the game, so 5 or 6 turns, and it wuz a taktikul wifdraw made by a kunnin' Boss so 'e kud fight anuvva day! :lol: He came came back krumpin' hedz the next game.

• 4 weeks later...