MinoanFresco's Imperial Guard

MinoanFresco

Hello B&C community!

I've been sitting on this great idea for a proper foot-slogger army for the last few years, but I lacked the time, money and space to make it a reality. Only, HARK! There be a change in the wind, says I!! 

For the last year or so, I've been collecting and building and now I've started the painting process! Mind you, there are still tons of minis to collect, convert, build and paint, but I look forward to the process, and I hope you do, too. In fact I consider the hobby a way to carve out my own little corner of the 41st millennium. Just for me and my little troops. 

Here we see sergeant Bechard and his squad.

Thinking about adding more detail to help break up the mustard-blah, but this is the color scheme I have in mind for the force.

Still more to do!

And beyond, there's a far, gray country.

Thoughts?

~MinoanFresco

Edited by MinoanFresco

Beautiful stuff. I love the look of historical miniatures used as IG regiments. I've been tempted for some time to use Revolutionary War minis to make an IG regiment but never pulled the trigger.

Thanks librisrouge!

I say do it. There's a TON of minis out there for that sort of thing. So, really, you're spoiled for options and a lot of minis are dirt cheap when compared to GW prices. But (and this is a big but) you'll have to do ton of converting. Works out for me, though, since I love that sorta thing.

~MinoanFresco

• 2 weeks later...

Ah a man after my own heart! I too am infantry guard enthusiast.

Foot guard is a ton of work but the pay off is huge. Not only do you get an amazing looking army that will draw lots of nice commentsround the gaming table, but also it is surprisingly effective and competitive :)

It looks like you have put a lot of leg work into the army already, I am really looking forward to seeing this project come together.

What regiment are you planning on running them as?

Ah a man after my own heart! I too am infantry guard enthusiast.

Foot guard is a ton of work but the pay off is huge. Not only do you get an amazing looking army that will draw lots of nice commentsround the gaming table, but also it is surprisingly effective and competitive :smile.:

It looks like you have put a lot of leg work into the army already, I am really looking forward to seeing this project come together.

What regiment are you planning on running them as?

Thanks Mordian Glory!

I run them as my own regiment that uses the Heirloom Weapons Regimental Doctrine. Love that +6" on las, plas, snipers and mortars. I still have a lottttt of minis to build; let alone paint. But I'm making some headway. :)

To Build: 

16 normal dudes 

To Build/Convert:

8 meltaguns

11 flamers

28 snipers

30 crusaders

5 earthshaker batteries (already built one, which you can see in the picture above)

and 6 ogryn ammo loaders (mmmmaybe.)

To Paint:

Yeahhhh, pretty much everything...

More pictures soon?

~MinoanFresco

• 10 months later...

Scout sentinel squadron complete! Plenty more painting to be done, but achieving little victories here and there!

What a Lovely Group of Lads

My Olde Tyme Sentinels

All of my machinery/weaponry/artillery will be painted with this sort of grimy, bony white. Speaking of, I also painted all of my heavy mortars. Now I just need to a-finish my artillerymen and artillery officers! (There's a lot of those) Then there's the Earthshaker batteries and mortar teams and that will be alllllllllllllll the arty in my army. (for now)..... :)