Want to add an Inquisitor

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Want to add an Inquisitor (Probably Eisenhorn) just not sure what type of retinue to add to him. Right now I have Kill Team Cassius, and The Get Started Pack of DW (2 5 man teams and Artemis). Trying to figure out what I should buy, pretty much there's just Inquisitor's and Assassins on GW site, I could check ebay. But I also have a SW army at my house in FL, going to be going down there around Thanksgiving to pick it up. I currently don't know how to play but I've been in the hobby since the early 2000's. I figured when I got an army painted I would goto the local game store and try to learn. So I'm curious what would be some good followers for the Inquisitor that would work well with the DW army?

With an inquisition detachment you have 2 options, vanguard or supreme command.

The vanguard options are not great, honestly I say take bare bone accoyltes, they are cheap at 24 points for 3 squads but they are guardsmen at double guardsmen points.

With our high points cost this is handy as a cheap extra cp and still very thematic, jokareo which match the lore best are short range, lack luster and expensive as all hell, daemon hosts are average but not really useful, can just hold their own more often than you would expect but a pain to model and even worse to stomach if your not a radical. ;)

I personally prefer taking a inquisitor with power sword as a psyker, 59 points is a cheap fairly good psyker that is not paper and keep the detachment cheap, I find them great with 5 man kill teams in Razorbacks.

Going back to what you want to buy however, this is a matter for modelling and conversions, think of what you want your characters stories to be, find cool models and let the kit bashing commence.

Ya I don't have a story yet, just love the whole Inquisitor and Ordos Xenos read a few books ages ago and was like if I ever get the chance to get back into the hobby that's what I'm going to come back as. Been looking at some Reaper models for Inquisitor ideas some of their steampunk ones are pretty cool.

I currently use necromunda stuff and tempestus scions for acolytes. Agree with Duke on detachment strategies. They can fit in drop pods as well.

I have a kitbashed Scion/ranger with plasma gun and maul (rerolling 1's on appropriate quarry), an Inquisitor with chain sword and inferno pistol, and eisenhorn... At least for ordo Xenos. Greyfax is pretty good as well.

I currently use necromunda stuff and tempestus scions for acolytes. Agree with Duke on detachment strategies. They can fit in drop pods as well.

I have a kitbashed Scion/ranger with plasma gun and maul (rerolling 1's on appropriate quarry), an Inquisitor with chain sword and inferno pistol, and eisenhorn... At least for ordo Xenos. Greyfax is pretty good as well.

Converted my accoyltes from van Saar kits, look the part being high tech henchmen.

Authority of the inquisition is gold for getting those inquisitors in transports.

At the day's end though if you have no plans for theme or characters that's ok, all you need to follow is rule of cool, keep the right base size and think of weapons before modelling, for instance the Flamers they carry are good but expensive so work out the bulk of your force then see what you can afford.

I may put up a Plog later with some of my finished DW work and some of my inquisition.

My armies are all Ordo based, sisters, DW, GK so I have allot of models I just made for the cool factor, a great place for inspiration however is blanchitsu from the old GW white dwarf, if you google it you should get some great kit bash inspiration.

Edited by Duke Danse Macabre

So there’s a photo circulating of October’s White Dwarf that shows the Inquisition will be covered in November’s edition.

Now it could just be a fluff article, but there is a chance that it will cover new rules for the Inquisition like GW did with Assassins.

Probably won’t affect what you’re currently working on, but could give you some good ideas.