Far from Fenris - Ranulfs Wolves

• 3 months later...

Had a small game vs Necrons, was a lot of fun... This is a battle leader on bike who helped turning these Necron warriors to scraps... before getting blowing to pieces by some relic once per game Necron weapon

wSUpCPI.jpg

I like how this looks like a 40k version of the classic "Barbarian vs. skeletons"-theme

Y5VEmdK.jpg

Killing eight enemy warriors before the ninth killed him... Well, it's an honorable death. His battle-brothers' only complaint would be the relatively small number of enemies he killed before he met his end. (Duncan Idaho, from Frank Herbert's novel Dune, killed 19 of the fearsome Sardaukar, in his final battle.)

He actually killed 5, and was then hit by the Necron Overlord who was hiding in the ruin in the background (not visible in the picture) :). The Overlord used the "Tachyon arrow", which kind of turned the whole game around, because it granted him warlord kill (I think he also had that as a secondary). I lost with a 9 point difference. Can't be mad though, because it was quite cinematic :D.

Hidden Content
XVSOSRf.jpeg

I started painting my Bladeguard Veterans...

He looks great, Ranulf!

So much better and more befitting the SW than the weirdness that GW decided to enshrine in the official BG models. I can only hope that when I finally get access to my models again, mine come out as good looking.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Yeah, I kind of always have to make sure the look feels appropriate for Space Wolves, hehe. Tabbards just don't work for me, apart from maybe Runepriest or something like that.

Thanks a lot, are you moving or why don't you have access to your models

Edited by ranulf the revenant

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably post more pictures of this guy when I'm completely done (varnish isn't completely cured yet, and maybe I'll fix minor things), but I still wanted to share this picture of this hammer guy...

v0JODn8.jpeg

So... some more pictures of the hammer guy, as well as two finished Bladeguard Veterans.

This one I'll call Guthrum, the Snake...

vQE3I03.jpg

Gorm, the steadfast...

daEfFsR.jpg

That's him from the side

IXJ2VE9.jpg

Another one of his sword...

hus1sXo.jpg

Hammer guy, again

nvlENJb.jpg

Hammer Guy from behind

iYYAtR3.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, just out of curiosity I decided to lay out most of my army. Have to say it was quite satisfying to see what I achieved since returning to miniature painting... This is every finished 40K mini I did so far... Apart from Björn, with whom I'm just not that satisfied with (that old metal thing is hard to preserve, it recently broke in two as well... I think I will get the newer plastic version at some point). Having said that getting a good shot of them all together is not that easy...

IDFhC0r.jpg

But I managed to produce some shots which look quite alive...

XqUhVCp.jpg

SZY9tkv.jpg

Plus, some pictures of a new guy I just finished, based on the Geigor model...

fXUgR9v.jpg
NbpnppZ.jpg

pcfIuUU.jpg

Thanks.

With the swords, I just painted them metallic (with a highlight on the edges, but in the end, that's probably not too important) and then glazed on various blue tones, mixing in various amount of white (sometimes ink, I think). The claw of the last guy is just a very liberal approach - blues, mixing in hints of other colours, like ice yellow...

• 2 months later...

I'm working on a redemptor dread... slowly...

Did build his arms/ shoulders a bit differently, so they could easily be magnetised.

OApPXyA.jpeg

YDgbyuJ.jpeg

https://imgur.com/YDgbyuJhttps://imgur.com/YDgbyuJ

5pf8Em1.jpeg

Overall, I have to admit I slowed down with painting... lost some motivation somehow. let's see if it will return soon...

• 1 month later...

I actually painted some stuff in the last month... Including the redemptor. But I was kind of too lazy make pictures and stuff :biggrin.:. But I'll begin with the updates now, starting with this figure here, which I'll use to represent a Wulfen with Great Frost Axe...

42Oboj4.jpg

884zSl8.jpg

w8dBTKp.jpg

Edit: ooof, posting these images was kind of a slog. Does the forum's software kind of dislike Firefox in general?

I think it's supposed to be some kind of antlers, which are tied to his head in some way. It's a mono-pose metal miniature from the - I think now gone - game Hordes. I used to collect Circle of Orboros, which was some kind of coalition of druids, elementals, and berserker types. I sold of most of that stuff, but I kept that figure because I thought he kind of fits the 'archetype' of a Wulfen, so to speak