Far from Fenris - Ranulfs Wolves

Ya I just have been using the Army Painter set and some D&D paint set I got at the shop near me. I ordered a few from GW that were basic colors I wanted. Is that a good website to get paints? I don't need any right now but I will soonish the D&D paints are in rather small bottles.

Some more Work in Progress pictures. They honestly look a little bit less terrible in person :D. Anyway, I'm having fun  doing them which is the most important thing I guess.

p6IuTuB.jpg

Plus my count as Wulfen have some fancy new puppetswar heads and some kromlech shields...

bnTa7Sk.jpg

Thank you. Yeah, ghostly is kind of international so that makes me quite happy ☺️. I guess I still didn't thin the main armour paint enough... I used "Liquitex (Basics Acrylic) Matte Medium" mostly, but maybe that's still a little too thick and I should have used more water. Edited by ranulf the revenant

They look really interesting, it would definitely be an army I would spend time picking up and looking at after we are done playing. The Wulfen is interesting, although I would still prefer to see the werewolf type hands for them (that’s personal taste though, I like the beastie aspect).

As far as thinning, I’ve had a lot of luck with some airbrush thinner. Only take a drop from a small dropper into a pool of GW acrylics for me, so you’ll probably have to play with it a little, or mix the thinner in with the matte medium - I’m not really sure what the composition difference is between the two, but for thinning purposes, I’ve found I like the AB thinner better - I actually don’t bother with water any more.

Hmmm, yeah the hands are kind of inconsistent, some of them are kind of beastly, with longer nails (these bits https://www.spellcrow.com/feral-wolves-space-knights-hands-p-394.html), some of them are more normal/ human. Someone with better skills might be able to actually sculpt nails for the normal hands, but I'm lacking the confidence (and patience) to do so. At least for now... I'm not in a rush to finish the Wulfen soon, because I will just play Kill Team for now. So maybe I'll fix that... maybe :whistling:

For thinning... Yeah I got some AB thinner as well, and the matte medium is definetely thicker, so I'll try that as well :yes: .

Edited by ranulf the revenant

Thanks Kolgrim, I guess there will be a resurrection type thread by yourself soon :)?

I know you can't get enough of my crappy pictures ( :tongue.: ), so here are some of my guys who are always willing to get dirty for the Emperor. Applied some vallejo acrylic mud effect ("European mud"). Quite glossy, especially on the ones I did with my daylight lamp turned on. It's hard to do decent pictures on my average but funtional smartphone. It's even harder in November -__- .
Anyway, "enjoy"...

iQGOUrH.jpg

sH6CmkO.jpg

I will have to tweak the plasma effect again...

zWv24eI.jpg

xrwab9X.jpg

I think this is one of the best picture wise, but still blurry...

Fkiq9n1.jpg

I guess I'll call them done soon, then I'll alter my formula slightly and do another 5 - 6 :)

Ya I'm going back down to FL tomorrow to my aunts house for a few days so we can pick up some stuff from the old house, mainly my 40k stuff for me lol. But I plan on really hunkering down when I get back and busting out some painting. At least get my stuff tabletop worthy so I can go up to the local shops and play. Really not worried about having the super ideal set up, just happy to play. Been in the hobby since the late 90's but I never really played the game. When I was younger the only shop that did games was like 2 towns away, and I didn't have a car then so getting out there was few and far between. But I'm in the same predicament up here the shops are like an hour or 2 away but I actually have a car to goto them which is cool.

Hmmm... Everything seems so far away in the states. I guess I'm quite lucky in that respect because there are there 3 GWs and independent game shops here in Berlin. But I never really played a lot either until now (apart from some games of 4th at my friends house back in the 2000s). I hope I can really get into playing next year

• 3 weeks later...

In typical end of the year fashion, I didn't get much painting done these days. But to keep things rolling, I'll just post a quick WIP picture. So, "heeeere's Johnny!!!" :P

Nj8BveP.jpg

I'm trying out stuff like glaze medium right now, so everything is a bit more subtle than before. I also bought a Deathwatch Killteam box for some modelling options (cool bolters and such). Thanks for looking :).

• 3 months later...

I finished my thesis, and picked up hobbying again. I also got plenty of time right now because of the virus (obviously).

2w7Ixiy.jpg

WIP of the Primaris Runepriest. Finding a head that fits wasn't even that easy somehow, because wild SW hair interferes with the psychic hood. I didn't do a whole lot to the model, but I like him so far...

I'll post pictures of the miniatures I actually painted tommorow, because it's dark now so taking pictures is kind of pointless. Actually got a bit frustrated with them today, but it might just as well be my virus mood

• 2 weeks later...

t0EpufU.jpg

Since responses are a bit sparse (I don't blame you, I know I'm not doing super crazy stuff here...), this seems to turn in more of a painting diary

SVBM4MQ.jpg

Johnny, dedicated axeman and bloodclaw (leader?), is now finished, except weathering. I think I'm ok with it, since it's the first face done in years

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing outstanding here, but I thought I'd share WIP pics (somewhat blurry, sorry) of  my recent creations

1rInipi.jpg

I think I'll call this guy Harald, he served me quite well in a Kill Team game :smile.:

HZk3dwE.jpg

another Intercessor pack leader

MvCYFFW.jpg

some other guys, and a 90s dreadnought/björn <3 

I'll hopefully post something more substantial soon. So long, Ranulf.

Not really, it was just the first nordic name that came to mind when I looked at him. Maybe more of a reference to "Harry the Hammer" because he did some good hammering against those Ultramarines. Hmmm... there comes his surname, he will now be known as... "Harald Hammerfist" (so original :D).