Far from Fenris - Ranulfs Wolves

Thank you, the Reiver helmet wasn't my idea, because I bought him already assembled second hand. He was originally a Salamander, but I convinced him to change teams

To be fair, that's the most use most people will get out of Reivers anyways :lol:

The model looks good though!

I love the grey, i love the gritty, dirty battlefield look to these guys.

However my favorite must be the arrogant looking "come at me heretic" open arms dude. I would definitely use him as a company champion. Only a guy who's won every, single-combat he's entered can strut across the battlefield like that.

I like that skull-headed chap (and the bit itself), but I am wondering why on the wings on his pauldron? Honor piece from a battle brother from one of the Angel Chapters that he fought alongside? Are those legs third-party bits on him as well - they look like a cool bionic armored limb for the forward leg?

I think the skull helm on the Intercessor is neat - more ideas to consider, or if I just keep them a marker of the Reivers. It gives him the "Angel of Death" Aspect, IMO. Can't say I'm quite as taken by the hooded guy - did someone let a Dark Angel/DA-kin sneak in and lift some Wolf armor? :lol:

Are the gun cases going to stay grey? They just don't stand out quite as much as the black casings on the weapons you had been doing were.

Keep it up - I can't ever fault someone that is making it through more models than me - more painted always looks better, and I like what you are doing with your guys! The chipping you have, whether the little heavier or the lighter stuff on Mr. skull, both look good - not sure if there's a happy medium for you, or if you even need it - different soldiers are going to have different levels of contact with the enemy.

So... one thing I forgot (/was to lazy) to mention is that the models are all built with Kill Team in mind. That's why they're supposed to look somewhat eccentric... kind of like a Space Wolves A-Team, where every one is a distinct character :biggrin.:

I like that skull-headed chap (and the bit itself), but I am wondering why on the wings on his pauldron? Honor piece from a battle brother from one of the Angel Chapters that he fought alongside? Are those legs third-party bits on him as well - they look like a cool bionic armored limb for the forward leg?

Hehe, I think he already looked cartoony  with the skull  helmet before and the winged shoulder pad just added to his campy look. The legs are from Kromlech, and I thought the crouching pose fitted the "on a secret mission"-vibe.

I think the skull helm on the Intercessor is neat - more ideas to consider, or if I just keep them a marker of the Reivers. It gives him the "Angel of Death" Aspect, IMO. Can't say I'm quite as taken by the hooded guy - did someone let a Dark Angel/DA-kin sneak in and lift some Wolf armor? :laugh.:

Yes, the hooded guy is supposed to be the weird, introvert guy of the Kill Team... he has his own style, even if his brothers don't like it :tongue.:

Are the gun cases going to stay grey? They just don't stand out quite as much as the black casings on the weapons you had been doing were.

Yes, the gun cases will stay that way. They're actually a different grey from the armour... which isn't too apparent from the pictures, unfortunately. I think I want the guns to look more utilitarian, and not too flashy :smile.:

...Maybe I'll come up with some mini fluff for the Kill Team members tommorrow.

Edited by ranulf the revenant

I (...well almost) finished another guy...

CoRXyWQ.jpg

...I accidently discovered that the organic solvent I used for making oil washes is a very potent paint purger. So part of the paint job on one foot was gone. My solution was to cover my mistake in blood (a classic Imperial approach, I guess)

• 1 month later...

So... I recently made my infiltrators tabletop ready. I wanted a darker, camouflage scheme for them, while keeping to some shade of grey. Settled on AK interactive German Grey as a base colour, then layered stripes of burnt umber, warm grey and black. Let me know what you think.

...edited for typos...

c1k5rux.jpg

DbISJvC.jpg

e9vXtrw.jpg

7LYyENw.jpg

Edited by ranulf the revenant

• 2 weeks later...

Ranulf, I really like that dark camo pattern for the Infiltrators!  Very nice work.

I will say I think the blonde guy’s hair needs a bit more definition, but that may just be some judicious placement of sepia needed, or it could simply be washed out by the photo.

I know you are trying to keep the weapons minimalist, but I think that the weapon bodies are a little too light given the dark camo armor pattern.  Maybe shade them down some?

The gent motioning with the three fingers and the bloody boot is great, and I feel you on needing to cover up some splatter - good show, it just looks like he’s curb-stomped some poor deserving heretic right through the back of the cranium.  I really like those legs too!

Wulf, the smoke Grenades are in the “Start Collecting - Vamguard Marines” kit for those Infiltrators, and the only other one I’m aware of is in the Phobos/Reiver Primaris Lieutenant kit.