Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pure Ynnari Harlequins, tactics? Viable?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,710 posts
I'm looking into Harlequins (always loved them but never looked too deep at current rules) and specifically considering Ynnari with them (+1 to hit seems useful on a combat army!)

Is this something you can do? Is it "viable", not talking super top tier but does it have legs in a normal game?

Are the Ynnari rules too limited?

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,687 posts

Might be worth seeing how things change in the Blood of the Phoenix. At least one report I have read shows the Ynnari characters coming down in price.

On a practical note, +1 to Hit is good but I am not sure it makes up for the loss of Rising Crescendo. The good thing is that you can build an army you like and run it as pure Quins in one battle and Ynnariquins the next. They say that variety is the spice of life.

P.S. I say chillie is the spice of life. teehee.gif

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,710 posts
Afaik you now keep rising crescendo now, you only lose masque traits!
  • Karhedron likes this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,687 posts

Ah, in that case it could be worthwhile.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users