Sicaran - what sponsor options?

So I have a couple of sicarans, the rotor cannon and the missile launcher variant (forgive the ignorance of not knowing the names)

What's the best load out for sponsor options, lascannon or H bolter, or nothing?

I assumed H bolter sponsons for the rotor cannon for max firepower but really I have no clue? Might also look to get other turret options in the future but keep the chassis' I have in case that makes a difference?

Cheers brothers!

Heavy bolters as a weapon are quite ineffective in 30k unless you face Solar auxilia or especially militia which you probably do quite seldom in average 30k games, so therefore if you going to put sponsons you'll rather have lascannons on them that can actually put down some work.

On the Sicarans Arcus (the missile launcher) I would pay for sponsons as the Arcus get to shoot twice if it doesn't move, so you wil lmost likely get to shoot the sponsons too.

The rotor cannon one you will probably move and shoot more so I'd consider ditching the srotor cannon ponsons, if you take sponsons you want the lascannons and two heavy bolter won't pay for their points, so you rather use the tank's mobility (have the fast rule) and just shoot the main rotor cannon. Hoever, if you face GEQs (militia, solar aux etc) then the rotor cannon and the heavy bolters goes together like bread and butter.

So my definite answer would be:.......magnetise! :)

I had the same dilemma as you (I have a regular sicaran but I bought the Kromlech scorpius launchers to use as an Arcus turret) and I magnetise the sponson placements with these hatches for those occasions I don't want to field sponsons:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/Y7YRMEN49/blank-sicaran-side-hatches?optionId=66666386

I recommend you do the same to give you the flexibility to adjust the sponson option according to your opponent army.

Cheers