newbie to Necromunda. models and questions.

Cadius

As soon a I figure out how to post pics I will be posting them.

I would suggest Imgur.com for your image hosting needs. I've been using it for 7 years pretty much without any problems. Here's a little guide on how to go about it.

Please allow me to piggy back on your topic as a total newb as to not spam the forum with newb questions.

I'd start your own thread as Cadius suggested. I've been on the boards almost from the beginning (20 years ago!) and I started a newbie question and work-in-progress thread for 'Munda, so don't be afraid to start one of your own. 

I'll be building 2 gangs one a chaos cultist the other a venator gang with an inqisitor theme.

Chaos Cultist will be based around slasher movie characters like Jason, Michael, Freddy, Leatherface and Chucky. I might add Cenobites, Pumpkinhead and The Thing as I go along.

I'm still flushing out the ideas for the Venator Inquisitor gang.

for my Chaos Cult I am trying to figure out what chain sword to use for Leatherface, something large and intimidating. There are the old style chaos chain swords that kinda look right but not quite.

ok nix that 2 gangs up it to 3 gangs. I was just reading fluff about the Necromunda IG and then saw Jess Goodwin sketches then saw my Catachan and Cadian gaurd bits out of the corner of my eye. I'm not interested in doing a full army of them but who knows.

I started purging the chaos from the cult champion and bringing him back to the Emperors light. I just shaved of the chaos stars from his chest and the one hanging from his coat loops at the back.

He is gonna end up being my Inquisitor for the Necromunda Inquistor Venatar gang. I'm debating on if I should just start carving away and implant a Scion chest piece or a cadian chest piece or leave as is and paint him as if he has a shirt on.

Edited by Cadius

for my Venator Inquisitor gang I want a crusader but not sure which shield to use. I have a choice between a Death Watch storm shield and a Custodes storm shield. Any input would be appreciated.

I also have some old Empire lion round shields that I could use.

Deathwatch would be more inquisitorial

well I'm in the conversion challenge, so I might just go with what I got old empire lion round shield with the lion head shaved off and the =][= placed on it.

on the subject of the conversion challenge. Can anyone tell me the size different between Drukhari and Delaque, like is the waist about the same size? or even delaque and guard

Edited by Cadius

well I gotta wait till my FLGS gets some green stuff in so I can continue my Necromunda conversion challenge, so I am gonna start a couple models that don't need green stuff as much as my conversion challenge builds.

Well I've read a lot about Necromunda and while the different houses probably do maintenance on some of the hive and since the hives have prisons I figure there are probably prison work gangs cleaning the trash and processing the corpse starch etc...

I am gonna build a prison work gang with a Commissar/Warden. Gotta keep the hives clean(ish) for the glory of the emperor. Might eventually end up being a full on Penal Legion, but for now I am just gonna build it to gang size.

Here is the start of my Commissar/Warden.

8bLfPQOl.jpg