newbie to Necromunda. models and questions.

Cadius

Here's a slightly converted Delaque next to a Cadian but I don't think the height was changed too much in the process. 

Delaque%2Band%2BCadian%2Bscale.png

Ahh someone else posted it, but this is the one I was referring to. 

I just bought a couple different gangs myself, never done Necromunda but I wanted to use some for my Inquisitors retinue. And even create some for Necromunda it's self.

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

I just bought a couple different gangs myself, never done Necromunda but I wanted to use some for my Inquisitors retinue. And even create some for Necromunda it's self.

join the conversion challenge and start converting 

join the conversion challenge and start converting 

Ya the boxes should  be here this week, got them from ebay the seller guaranteed it think the 15th or 18th I can't remember. I got an idea for a storm trooper guy for my Inquisitor, and then I got a Cadre Fireblade that I'm thinking about putting one of the necromunda models in the armor. Also got Prince Yriel cause I liked the sculpt and thought I might be able to make something neat. But ya I'll post my progress, I love the whole Inq28 thing so I'm super stoked to start creating some stuff.

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

• 2 weeks later...

Well I picked up the Munitorum Armoured Containers last week. I am thinking of turning one into Happy Harry's House of Hardware, Always Open Even When He's In't.

Harry is a squat that has people convinced (or at least he thinks he has people convinced) that he just had a nice dinner with Lord Helmwyar just last night and that everything he sells is legal and legit. In truth Harry has never met Lord Helmwyar nor anyone belonging to any of the noble houses. Most of what he sell is legal and legit, he has cookware, books on cooking one of his fastest selling books is How to Prepare a Rat 15 different ways.(yum yum delicious). He does have some weapons and other items, some might actually be the real deal. Harry tends to be a bit of a shyster to top it all off. He does have his personal transport through the Ash wastes to carry all his items for sale from one hive to the next.

What do you guys think of Harry?

I just need to find the right model for Harry.

Edited by Cadius

Well I picked up the Munitorum Armoured Containers last week. I am thinking of turning one into Happy Harry's House of Hardware, Always Open Even When He's In't.

Harry is a squat that has people convinced (or at least he thinks he has people convinced) that he just had a nice dinner with Lord Helmwyar just last night and that everything he sells is legal and legit. In truth Harry has never met Lord Helmwyar nor anyone belonging to any of the noble houses. Most of what he sell is legal and legit, he has cookware, books on cooking one of his fastest selling books is How to Prepare a Rat 15 different ways.(yum yum delicious). He does have some weapons and other items, some might actually be the real deal. Harry tends to be a bit of a shyster to top it all off. He does have his personal transport through the Ash wastes to carry all his items for sale from one hive to the next.

Love this, although personally, Harry sounds more like a Ratling than a Squat. Perhaps a particularly large Ratling pretending to be a Squat (wears boots and a false beard)?

Harry is a squat that has people convinced (or at least he thinks he has people convinced) that he just had a nice dinner with Lord Helmwyar just last night and that everything he sells is legal and legit. In truth Harry has never met Lord Helmwyar nor anyone belonging to any of the noble houses. Most of what he sell is legal and legit, he has cookware, books on cooking one of his fastest selling books is How to Prepare a Rat 15 different ways.(yum yum delicious). He does have some weapons and other items, some might actually be the real deal. Harry tends to be a bit of a shyster to top it all off. He does have his personal transport through the Ash wastes to carry all his items for sale from one hive to the next.

Love this, although personally, Harry sounds more like a Ratling than a Squat. Perhaps a particularly large Ratling pretending to be a Squat (wears boots and a false beard)?

A ratling would be more of a souper.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I really like the idea of a ratling pretending to be a squat. I might have a go, just have to work out if it's best to squatify a ratling model, or ratlingify a 'squat' model, lol.

keep me updated on it.

I got some stuff 3D printed for my Necromunda table that I'm building.

nv1rjcKl.jpg

Arcade macines

e2WDKeWl.jpg

Pool/Billiards  table.

Moravec 3D printing rescaled the pool/billiards table a touch so it looks a proper size.

I'll see if I am allowed to link his facebook page here.

I haven't started on my table quite yet just ordered the Dark Uprising kits x2 and Zone Mortalis kits too.

Edited by Cadius

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I really like the idea of a ratling pretending to be a squat. I might have a go, just have to work out if it's best to squatify a ratling model, or ratlingify a 'squat' model, lol.

For Happy Harry I am keeping him as a squat. But I have been giving a thought to a ratling and came up with an idea for Shanty Magilligan propietor of Magilligan's Bar the finest watering hole in all of Necromunda. 

edit: Are there any named Falls on Necromunda? I just did a good search and found out there is a Magilligan's Bar in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada and figure I might as well situate Shantys fine establishment near a "water" fall.

Edited by Cadius

There's a "Dust Falls" - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/12/apocrypha-necromundus-dust-fallsfw-homepage-post-1/ but are you referring to water or liquid falls?  I know there is reference to the liquids from burst pipes and such eroding/corroding huge chasms, but I'm not aware of any that are currently "active".  Easy enough to create your own - though, remember in Necromunda the liquid is as likely to be raw sewage, mine effluent or industrial acid as it is to be drinkable water.

Terminal Falls it is water possibly even drinkable, but the blue glow coming from it at 'night' doesn't exactly infer confidence in it's palatability though if filtered properly the water is drinkable (few know this, Shanty Magilligan is one of those few). The glow of Terminal Falls seems to make it a tourist attraction and a great place for the newly hitched to get to 'know' each other. The Inns tend to booked up months in advance. The fine establishment of Magilligan's Bar has a spectacular view of the falls.

Clan House Delaque have tried to discredit Shanty on numerous occasions to gain control of Magilligan's bar to no avail, Clan House Escher have tried to ply their wares in Terminal Falls and met with limited success. Shanty has a special discount for Enforcers, PDF & Military members and Imperial Fists if they ever come to Terminal Falls, due to this discount Terminal Falls is well protected.

In Necromunda, they skim resources out of acid pools (that's what chem pits are) and potable water is a precious commodity.  I don't think a blue glow is going to stop many underhivers from trying for themselves to see if its poisonous - I imagine that most experienced underhive travelers would have a pet rat or such to test standing water to see if it is safe to drink.

In Necromunda, they skim resources out of acid pools (that's what chem pits are) and potable water is a precious commodity.  I don't think a blue glow is going to stop many underhivers from trying for themselves to see if its poisonous - I imagine that most experienced underhive travelers would have a pet rat or such to test standing water to see if it is safe to drink.

blue glow can be caused by several different things some Phytoplankton glow blue when agitated and pretty much harmless, some algae glow blue at night while red in colour during the day which is what red tide is and is very poisonous.

now back to the modelling.

I've got bits on the way to build Harry using an Arkanaut as the base model. Will post pic when they arrive.

I'm working on an Ogryn Servitor. As soon as some decent progress is made I'll post a pic.

I've been thinking of Spyrer Hunting Rigs lately, I think I've figured out how to build an Orrus and Malcadon using the current Necromunda rules

Orrus - 2  Power fists, a Stormbolter and Heavy Carapace, Very basic but would suffice.

Malcadon -  grapnel launcher, web pistol, a lightning claw and gravchute. Though admittedly can't find anything that would allow the clinging to walls.

C&C is always welcome.

I was just reading through The Book of Ruin, I am particularly interested in Xenos Abomination. On one of the facebook groups I belong to a guy did up some Carnage Symbiotes I am thinking of doing the same and using it/them as Xenos Abominations. Though I'd really like to figure out how I can use them in regular Necromunda games, like which rules would allow me to run a gang of them.