Discussion on the Impulsor

Guest MistaGav

Guest MistaGav

I feel like we really need to see some proper size comparisons between the Impulsor and Repulsor because the product shots don't do it justice. One time it looks a similar size another time it looks much smaller. It would also be nice to see a proper full 360 degree shot of it to get a better idea of it's aesthetics too.

I had a feeling it would be pricey given GW's history lately but £45 is just too much IMO. £40 or £35 is more reasonable really and the fact it can't transport Gravis and 6 models makes it a hard pass for me.

I don't know if its just me but I think that the Impulsor, Repulsor and Executioner are all messed up. The Impulsor is a dedicated transport that only holds 6, whereas the Repulsor can carry 10 and still perform rolls well and the Executioner is a battletank with the same carrying capacity as the Impulsor with the exception that it can't carry Gravis models. I don't really understand the logic here. Surely the Impulsor should have a capacity of 10 but unable to carry gravis, the Repulsor a capacity of 6 primaris models and the Executioner as a straight up battle tank with no transport capacity at all. That way the Primaris have their Rhino, Razorback and Predator(respectively) equivalents without muddying the waters by giving them all a transport capacity.

I'd love a gravis drop pod if we're just straight up wishlisting here. But at least the SM wave is basically done at this point, most likely to everyone's happiness (SM players because they're getting all their stuff at last and non-SM players because we're finally moving on)

We'll likely see more in 2020, but we're done for 2019 at least.

I don't know if its just me but I think that the Impulsor, Repulsor and Executioner are all messed up. The Impulsor is a dedicated transport that only holds 6, whereas the Repulsor can carry 10 and still perform rolls well and the Executioner is a battletank with the same carrying capacity as the Impulsor with the exception that it can't carry Gravis models. I don't really understand the logic here. Surely the Impulsor should have a capacity of 10 but unable to carry gravis, the Repulsor a capacity of 6 primaris models and the Executioner as a straight up battle tank with no transport capacity at all. That way the Primaris have their Rhino, Razorback and Predator(respectively) equivalents without muddying the waters by giving them all a transport capacity.

Remove comparisons to old Astartes units from your mind, they are all superficial.

The two Repulsors are similar, one more focused on transport, the other on firepower - they can both perform both functions.

The Impulsor is a fast moving transport, probably most comparable to a Dark Eldar venom.

Edited by Ishagu

That's because they aren't supposed to copy the Rhino, Razorback, Predator template.

The Impulsor is a a transport with focus on rapid deployment. More like a Drop Pod in that regard, really.

The Repulsor is the main transport with added heavy firesupport and is more like a Landraider in that regard.

The Executioner is a just a Repulsor with a slightly bigger focus on firesupport and less on transporting, but essentially not a new type of tank like say a Vindicator or Predator would be.

While the Primaris (or resized Astartes) design is getting interresting, most notably with the new characters showing possible good orientations for the future of the Primaris range, their vehicles on the other hand...it does not appear to be on the level. The Rhino (plus all the variants) and the Land Raider designs are still far better.

Also, what of the favorite mean of deployment for the Adeptus Astartes, a.k.a the DROP POD ? (which is the big forgotten one in the whole transport affair...)

--------------------------------------------

I think that those vehicles must shock the traditionalists within the mechanicum, not to mention the cost of such "high-tech" products, most notably when you know the difficulty many space marines chapters have in petitioning for raw material for their own forges.....and what of the maintenance of those vehicles, the replacement of damaged component, or even the techmarines formation on Mars (at least for those whose chapter can still offer a ticket for Martian formation).

Does GW even thought of the charge of work for the Chapter Logisticiams..... ? ^^

People love the Rhino and Landraider but hate the Impulsor and Repulsor?

They are so, so similar, visually. I smell unfair bias.

Some people like treads and not hover tanks.

Also, some like firstborn and not primaris

That's perfectly fine, as long as it's clearly marked as subjective opinion.

People love the Rhino and Landraider but hate the Impulsor and Repulsor?

They are so, so similar, visually. I smell unfair bias.

I think the distaste isn't the grab tech, as I love it.

It comes from the fact it's primaris only.

I'd love to take a repulsor and load it up with wulfen, or wolfgaurd, but can't for nor real reason

The Impulsor is a fair deal smaller than the Repulsor.

See https://imgur.com/a/jOaDF7E

But the price is (almost) not ;-)
That's because a huge factor on pricingnis how many they expect people to actually buy. It isn't cheap for a small transport points wise, so people can't take a lot of them so it's more expensive.

The Impulsor is not a "dedicated transport" in the same manner as a Rhino - a Rhino has virtually no weaponry associated with it, while the Impulsor has a shield generator, a precision bombardment guiding comms array, what amounts to almost a Skyfire heavy bolter pair, or a partial Skyspear missile launcher.

The Impulsor may fit in that dedicated transport slot in the "force org" slots, but that's at least Razorback-level armament, so it really needs to be compared to that - about the only thing it doesn't have is a lascannon turret. So the six member transport contingent makes sense given internal space needs for that equipment and ammo.