Infiltrators Vs. Vexilla Teleport Homer

.Torch.

Evening all,

While I am fairly sure I know the answer to this, I just thought I would check before I start coming up against it regularly with all the new Space Marine hotness.

Does the deepstrike nerf bubble that the new Infiltrators produce affect the Vexilla Teleport Homer? At first read through, I was going to say that it does. However I'm not entirely sure which special rule trumps which. I know that normally Codex special rules can manipulate Main Rules, but when it comes down to Codex vs. Codex I am unsure.

I mostly just like to paint the models as I find it therapeutic, but I have been starting to play the game recently, so if anyone has any advice on how to decipher conflicting codex rules I would be super grateful. 

.Torch. 

From a quick search and a glance in my codex, both rules are as follows:

Vexilla Teleport Homer - 3CP

Use this Stratagem at the end of your Movement phase. When you set up a teleporting Adeptus Custodes unit at the end of the phase, you can set it up wholly within 6" of a friendly Vexilus Praetor (other than one that was set up this turn)and more than 3" from enemy models. Any models that cannot be set up this way are destroyed.

Infiltrator Squad - Omni-scramblers

Enemy units that are set up on the battlefield as reinforcements cannot be set up within 12" of this unit. 

Even writing it out I am still unsure. Does the Stratagem negate the Codex special rule? Or does the Codex special rule disallow the Stratagem?

I feel this needs to be clearer as Vexilla Teleport Homer is one of my favoured Stratagems in our Codex.

If I had to take a guess, I would believe that the Infiltrator ability would negate the Teleport homer. The Strategem is changing the normal range conditions of a deep strike, not the manner in which it operates by the rules (AKA: They are being set up a reinforcements). The Infiltrator rule out and out refuses the ability to be set up anywhere within 12'; when coming in from reinforcements. The simpler answer is often times the right one, so I'd lean towards not being able to deploy within 12'' of the Infiltrators.

Of course, I do think it is an interesting edge case for an FAQ that I would like to see.

I would go with the Infiltrator ability winning out because its a definitive statement (cannont) where as the Teleport homer is an allowance not instruction (may not must).

If both were definitive then I would go with the attacker/ active players rule winning out due to the FAQ precedence (fixed to hit numbers)

Pulled from the official FAQs, though i do not like the answer.

Q: If a unit has a rule that says enemy units cannot set up
within a certain distance of it (e.g. Omni-scramblers), but an
enemy unit has a rule that says it can set up within a certain
distance (e.g. Vexilla Teleport Homer and Lying in Wait),
which takes precedence?

A: The rule that says you cannot be set up within a
certain distance (in the example instance, Omniscramblers) always takes precedence.

Pulled from the official FAQs, though i do not like the answer.

Q: If a unit has a rule that says enemy units cannot set up

within a certain distance of it (e.g. Omni-scramblers), but an

enemy unit has a rule that says it can set up within a certain

distance (e.g. Vexilla Teleport Homer and Lying in Wait),

which takes precedence?

A: The rule that says you cannot be set up within a

certain distance (in the example instance, Omniscramblers) always takes precedence.

Which FAQ is that in please?

I've just looked (again) in the main rule book one on WHC and cant find it!

I've looked because I could remember something like that but no I cant find it :sad.:

Edited by Slasher956

thank you...

:censored: :censored:  stupid place to keep it...

why isnt it in the main rulebook FAQ?  as it affects every faction..

As one of the guys at my local club said - 40K is supposed to be a fun game not one where you have to spend hours reading every FAQ/Errata to know whats what