What rules would you like to see updated?

jgascoine011

Possessed with DR would be good, give them +1T also and they would almost be an auto include. I think you would need to use Cloud of Flies on them and/or take something with Warptime.

With Hateful Assault, do Possessed have 1d3+1 attacks or 2d3 attacks?

Some rumors I have heard from about 3 different leak sources:

Chapter Approved will:

*Bump all "Cult" Troops to 2 Wounds, claiming this is due to the Cicatrix Maledictum supercharging "the most devoted servants of the Gods". Standard CSM with or without Marks now represent the equivalent of non-Primaris Marines.

*Decrease Mortarion in points -- he's "manifesting more easily".

*Bump "Cult Terminators" to 3 Wounds, with the same explanation -- they gain +1 wound from Terminator armor, and +1 wound for being good boys to their Gods. 3 Wound 'Shroud and Blightlords will be good times.

*Possessed gain Disgustingly Resilient AND +1 WOUND. They are rumored to basically be a weird, "fast" version of Aggressors with no shooting.

*Daemon keyword once again unlocks access to Daemon stratagems (this sounds weird, but could be true.)

*Cultists drop to 4 points per model.

*Poxwalkers drop to 5, and can be taken in squads of 30 or 40 -- rumor just says they increase in squad size and drop in points.

*DisRes becomes nearly army-wide.

Chapter Approved will:

*Bump all "Cult" Troops to 2 Wounds, claiming this is due to the Cicatrix Maledictum supercharging "the most devoted servants of the Gods". Standard CSM with or without Marks now represent the equivalent of non-Primaris Marines.

*Bump "Cult Terminators" to 3 Wounds, with the same explanation -- they gain +1 wound from Terminator armor, and +1 wound for being good boys to their Gods. 3 Wound 'Shroud and Blightlords will be good times.

*Possessed gain Disgustingly Resilient AND +1 WOUND. They are rumored to basically be a weird, "fast" version of Aggressors with no shooting.

*Daemon keyword once again unlocks access to Daemon stratagems (this sounds weird, but could be true.)

*Poxwalkers drop to 5, and can be taken in squads of 30 or 40 -- rumor just says they increase in squad size and drop in points.

The only two I saw are the first two. I hope they are right!

Chapter Approved will:

Some of this sounds too good to be true. 3 wound Terminators and Possessed with 3 wounds and DR would make my day. I suppose there is precedence with Possessed when they went from 1W to 2W.

Of topic but I wonder if this happens, will it mean Custodes get a wounds bump too?

Edited by Dallas Drake

I would hope that Scarab Occult ALSO get this bonus. 

However this does leave Chaos regular Terminators in a strange place... If basic Cults become 2 wounds each that relegates Terminators to strange slots and uses (Perhaps just mass shooting on the drop?) 

Though 3 wound Cult terminators are going to be stellar if this is true. oddball versions of aggressors with their own flourishes (Scarabs good shooting, Nurgle utility and insane resilience) 

Chapter Approved will:

None of that sounds particularly game breaking.

Terminators with 3 wounds - pff they still only have M4, can still be bogged down, still need to make a 9" charge on deepstrike, still a massive points sink.

A 20 unit of possessed could be funny though. It is 400 pts. However if you roll a 1 for the D3 attacks, then again, huge points sink.

Still has not fixed some of the most fundamental issues with deathguard...the fact we can kill anything.

Having a 200 Wound model, with Toughness 20, 2+/3++/4+++ for 400pts, is pointless if that model as 0 attacks and shooting

Personally, and this is my opinion, but Possessed should be able to function alone in units of 5-10. I’ve always visualised them as moving very quickly like scouts infiltrating and being brutal in melee; so GW could give them an infiltrate/scout/charge off table edge DS style strat or give them built in advance & charge, I see Possessed hunting like packs and whatever they charge should be in trouble. I’d like to see something like 25-30 ppm, 3W, 3+D3 attacks or just 4-5 attacks each with ap3/Dd3. Keep the 3+ and 5++ and S5 & add T5 just to make S4 less damaging. GW have no problems making Wulfen and Custodes work so it’s not like getting Possessed to be worth taking is rocket science. Their main limitation is they’re too slow and melee only. I can make melee work with my Custodes because they’re resilient enough and hit like a ton of bricks, Possessed do neither currently unless you buff the crap out of them and that’s where they (and most CSM IMO) fall down.

Edit. Yeah BF Custodes are 2+/4++ T5 W3 and most armies can shoot them off the table tbh. I tend to use lots of shields for 3++ then DS in my Wardens etc. Exactly why as pointed out above Possessed struggle.

Edited by Dallas Drake

Yeah, but the "can't kill nuffin" issue may be solved in the Psychic Awakening release. We don't know which rumors pan out and how they interact with the new comtent forthcoming.

We will see.

PA didnt do much for chaos or even the eldar/drukhari, so dont have high hopes.

Also the rumour of DR becoming nearly army wide worries me a bit.

What does it mean by NEARLY? 

Yeah, but the "can't kill nuffin" issue may be solved in the Psychic Awakening release. We don't know which rumors pan out and how they interact with the new comtent forthcoming.

We will see.

Not Predators & Land Raiders? I could live with that if it meant Lords, Helbrutes & Possessed had it.

We will see.

Not Predators & Land Raiders? I could live with that if it meant Lords, Helbrutes & Possessed had it.

Yea i feel this will be true.

Maybe GW thinks giving a land raider DR would make them even more OP

I mean look at all the land raider lists dominating the tournament scene... :/

PA did wonders for Drukhari. Dark Techno and certain Haemi Cults are insane now.

No clue on the "nearly" exceptions.

Not really

9 Talos was already pretty stupid.

Taking Dark Techno prevents you from taking prophets and all the strats/relics/characters you get with that.

While yes, there are some good rules such as Test of Skill on a flyer detachment, it was still a pretty meah suppliment

• 2 weeks later...
@Bloody Legionnaire: Thanks for sharing! That's cool that Deathshroud got a points drop and so did Daemon Prince with Wings. Do you think the wingless Daemon Prince had a drop too? I use two, one with and one without in my list. If wings only cost 9pts after the points drop I'd be a fool to not take two winged ones.

It looks like Deathshroud got a pretty decent drop in points. That combined with a drop in points on Mortarion could play out very well

PA would also need to drop the cost of the Manreaper and Plaguespurt Gauntlet for Deathshroud to be good.

I'm just getting started, 50ppm is too much.

Points drops aren’t the solution needed here. While some units are overpriced in the big scheme of things it won’t make a jot of difference against the likes of Eldar flyer spam or IH/Tau shooting unless new rules are part of CA too. A marine should not cost the same as a SM scout. A CSM should be something to fear. These points drops don’t fill me with hope that they’ll get new rules or stat changes. Oh well.