What rules would you like to see updated?

jgascoine011

Points drops aren’t the solution needed here. While some units are overpriced in the big scheme of things it won’t make a jot of difference against the likes of Eldar flyer spam or IH/Tau shooting unless new rules are part of CA too. A marine should not cost the same as a SM scout. A CSM should be something to fear. These points drops don’t fill me with hope that they’ll get new rules or stat changes. Oh well.

Yea completley agree.

GW are not adressing the fundamental rules problem.

Just take a regual space marine. Even if a scout cost more, people would still take them. Why? Because they can take sniper rifles and, perhaps more importantly, can scout.

A T4, 3+ save with a S4 Ap- weapon is terrible. But being able to scout and/or snipe weak characters means that you are not too fussed about :cuss stats...hence scouts are always better.

Legion rules could fix this to some extent.

World Eaters, Death Guard etc get their bezerkers, plague marines etc as troops

Alpha legion CSM squads could scout and snipe characters with bolt guns.

Night Lords got raptors as troops

Red Corsairs give you and extra 3 CP

etc

Just reducing the points does nothing to adress the underlying problems.

The could make deathshroud terminators 10ppm.

If they make a 9" charge they are the most broken unit in the game

If they fail they are just another waste of points.

Points drops aren’t the solution needed here. While some units are overpriced in the big scheme of things it won’t make a jot of difference against the likes of Eldar flyer spam or IH/Tau shooting unless new rules are part of CA too. A marine should not cost the same as a SM scout. A CSM should be something to fear. These points drops don’t fill me with hope that they’ll get new rules or stat changes. Oh well.

This.

Because the CSM units are essentially guardsmen against a lot of armies. Making them 11 points per model is just... sad. 

11 point CSM sounds pretty good to me. It's pretty aggressive pricing.

It doesn’t fix the unit though does it. I mean sure, bring 3 battalions or whatever for CPs but T4 1W 3+ with a bolter is still garbage. I think Primaris killed the MEQ, so what GW does now is key. Do they make Chosen & Cult options 2W? If they do that then I personally see CSM as defunct just as Tacticals are for SMs.

11 point CSM sounds pretty good to me. It's pretty aggressive pricing.

And cultists went down to 4ppm.

So you could spend 120 points to get 5CP and have 30 wounds.

Or 165 points for 5CP and 15 wounds.

In a double battalion that is a saving of what, 90points, and having 30 extra wounds.

If cultists were still 5points then i can see the reason for CSM.

At 4 points, then still no reason to take them.

As for plague marines, well they are just total garbage now.

At 2 wounds for 16ppm they would have been viable, right now they are a joke.

Do we know for sure that PMs are staying 1 wound?

Well they were not changed in PA or CA.

As it stands, plague marines are still 1 wound for the forseable future.

Oh and DR is not army wide...still.

*slow claps GW*

Edit: Oh well maybe Poxwalkers aren’t terrible at 5 points? Slightly cheaper FBDs and MBHs is something I guess.

Edited by Dallas Drake

By any chance did they increase the unit size of Poxwalkers, the pic I saw was to blurry to tell?

No change that I can see from the blury pictures I've seen

Cultists at 5ppm

As a wish listing thing I would like to see a havock type squad with our unique weapons. Heavy weapons choice of plague belcher, heavy blight launcher and entropy cannons.

Possibly limit to 3 heavies, sarge having a choice of specials and between 1 and 3 plague marines as meat shields

• 3 weeks later...

The Lord of Contagion needs to be given ranged options and could really use a buff of some sort. His stats and abilities are kinda meh, especially when compared to his Loyalist counterparts. To make matters worse, he's exclusively CC in an army that while they can do an assault build, they really shouldn't and it's exacerbated by his snail's pace on the board. If he were given a rule that allows him to DS in assault range and can grant the ability to a single unit, he'd probably be much better if he's forced to stay CC only. The same with Deathshroud, although they do have a ranged weapon, kinda...

Noxious Blightbringer needs a better weapon option. He's a wet noodle in combat and he really shouldn't be. I understand he's there for buffing but he's still an Astartes and he's still seen as a "mini-boss" type guy.

Blight-Haulers need more options. There needs to be a way to retain their cover buff even if losing one.

In general, Death Guard (and CSM in general) should get +1W. Especially the Terminators.

I'd like to see them bring back the old Nurgle's Rot rules as a passive effect as well and have it affect all non-Nurgle models in range, not just enemies. This was a fun rule in 3.5 and made allies work very carefully to avoid losing units just by standing close to Death Guard.

I don't mind the lord of contagion staying melee only if they get a strat to get into combat easier. And reroll ones aura instead of the garbage one he has. Typhus too. Or if GW realized that in 8th ranged >>> melee and do a standard buff to charge. If you charge, they shoot over watch and get to shoot you even if you fail the charge, which is b.s. We often house rule it and if you roll a 7 on a 9" charge you atleast move the 7". It's too easy to kite cata terminator's 4" move and half advances.

I wouldn't mind a buff to the Blightbringer but if that ups his cost I don't want it. I want a cheap HQ with DR/T5.

I rather haulers retain their +1 to hit if they drop below 3. Bane of Daemon engines (besides being partly melee vehicles in a game dominated by ranged) is their crap accuracy. If they did that and allowed them to get the legion trait, I would never use a helbrute personally.

I was upset plague marines didn't get a points drop and most likely not going to 2w. Intercessors are only 1 point more and a with all the chapter masteries, doctrines and super doctrines, they are tougher than plague marines, more mobile with way better shooting. No balance.

Or if GW realized that in 8th ranged >>> melee and do a standard buff to charge. If you charge, they shoot over watch and get to shoot you even if you fail the charge, which is b.s. We often house rule it and if you roll a 7 on a 9" charge you atleast move the 7".

What's up with that! I dont get why after failing a charge you cant at least move what you rolled. If you made an attempt and failed - you failed because you went that distance and couldn't get there in time, leaving you in the open to be shot at hence overwatch. But by not moving the charge was never attempted and you shouldn't be getting over watched. Always seemed a bit odd to me since watching 8th ed battle reports.

Noxious Blightbringer should be able to provide a range of buffs to units like Dark Apsotles do. His 2d6 advance should stay too. Or make him a unit that can guide in DS more accurately.

Lord of Contagion should make all units within 7” -1S & -1T and do the mortal wound thing as usual.

We need a 2/3CP Cataphractii strat (BLs, LoCs, DS) that lets us DS within 3” of enemy if within 7” of a Blightbringer. That way we could play like DG plodding across the table & drop in our heavy hitters to actually do something. It’s a copy of Custodes but they have cool as feck strats that make the army play like it should be. DG are crying out for this IMO.

Thing about GW is, they already know what rules work and what rules don’t. It’s a case now of using the rules that are well thought out & dressing them up in fluff etc. Playing DG I only use VoTLW and Cloud as strats, everything else is meh or crap. DG could do with a few solid thematic changes to units and strats like CSM just got.

Edit: I also use the strat to pop tanks/drones too.

Edited by Dallas Drake

Possibly consider giving the Lord of Contagion a lighter version of Arch-comtaminator?

Would work well for deep strikers like blightlords

Or possibly he is so contagious he grants plague to all bolt weapons within 6"

Then he has a use either back field (one large plague marine bubble wrap) or deepstriking (leading blight Lords)

Noxious Blightbringer (the bell dude??) would make for a good chaplain/ demonologist.

Possibly pay extra to boost from elites to either a hq slot chaplain or demonologist type?

Wonder what new Stats we could get that are characterful, useful but not game breaking.

I was thinking strategems that make more use of the elite characters (and the Lord of Contagion)

Contagic aura (2cp): death guard infantry models within 7" of LORD OF CONTAGION using bolt weapons (combi-, bolt gun, bolt pistol) reroll 'to wound' rolls of a 1

Fucunded belief (3cp) one use only Noxious Blightbringer is moved to HQ slot and granted access to EITHER Prayers to the dark gods OR daemonology

Master of Phages: (1cp) biologius purifier may grant one infantry death guard unit bolt rounds that reroll 'to wound' rolls of 1 for that turns shooting instead of boosting the strength of blight grenades

Putrid dominion: (2cp) fowl blightspawn. May use his shooting attack to douse an objective with noxious fluids. Unless the unit has the NURGLE keywords any unit trying to claim that objective suffers D3 mortal wounds

Embuded with didease (1cp): use on DEATH GUARD VEHICLES that do not already have DISCUSTINGLY RESILIENT to grant it. Reduce its movement by 1" to a minimum of 1"

Edited by Wolf Lord Loki