What rules would you like to see updated?

jgascoine011

Tallyman 100% needs to be an HQ! Give the Blightbringer a shooting attack from his bell too, all the fluff and novels have it working as some kind of Nurgle-y sonic weapon, let it happen.

He has kinda a chaplainy vibe about him. Make him the relation to the Dark Apostle? With a specific set of Contagion prayers?

The tosicin of the Noxious Blightbringer is reminiscent of the bell the Great unclean one summons additional daemons with (and those on the feculent gnarlmaw) so possibly move him into a daemonologist role

Just had a thought.

Why don't we just amalgimate the terminator Lord with the Lord of Contagion?

Have an option to Replace the both combibolter and sword with plague/manreaper

May replace Command aura (reroll 1s) with PSYKER and choose from Force Weapon menu and Contagion psychic discipline

Jobs a good one with less duplication of chaos units

Plague marines cheaper.

Myphitics to BS3+ so that tri lobe gives BS 2+

Buff helbrutes BS

Make disgustingly resilient army wide. We do not have access to havocs, so giving DR to predators would make them much better.  I want to stop replying on FW dreads to have some anti tank. 

Edited by Vorroth

I saw the .pdf GW will post Monday for the next psychic awakening book's short story series. It's Tau and they mention being attacked by Death Guard. It's Tau perspective, but makes the Death Guard seem pretty implacable from the video that an interstellar drone shares with some Tau watching the recording. The story describes Death Guard bolters as making a wet sound when they fire. 

Edited by Archaeinox

I saw the .pdf GW will post Monday for the next psychic awakening book's short story series. It's Tau and they mention being attacked by Death Guard. It's Tau perspective, but makes the Death Guard seem pretty implacable from the video that an interstellar drone shares with some Tau watching the recording. The story describes Death Guard bolters as making a wet sound when they fire.

Maybe there will be a strat to make bolters poison for a turn. That would be neat.

• 3 weeks later...

Disappointingly it appears we will get no love with the next book in the Psychic Awakening series

From the looks we won't be in the next three. That leaves necron, custodes/sisters of silence, death watch/inquisition, harlequins and death guard. 5 factions for the last 2 books. But since they added imp guard to greater good I rather not be in it, since that's already 3 factions. The only crappy thing about being in one of the last two is I would think when they restart the codex cycle this summer (which they will, space marines and sisters were the start of the new cycle) we should be one of the earlier codexes. I'm not going to pay $40 for PA book just for 5ish months later the new codex come out.

Plus the PA book will just add strats, relics and warlord traits anyways, which will be nice but not fix our core issues. The codex will make the trait army wide and by then they will realize they made the space marine supplements too strong with the doctrines and super doctrines they will have to do something similar with most factions.

I really want them to put DG and DW together - I might actually have a reason to pickup the book then !

I'd like to see mono dex be competitive (marine based strengths would be awesome) - I don't know what they'd have to shift around for rules.

Deathwatch / necrons / harlequins seems like an obvious match up

So I guess that means that the reason for the plague fleet not assaulting the Tau beyond the Startide Nexus was that it got intercepted by a force of Custodes/ sisters of silence and inquisition

Its kinda a shame as Tau embody hope and Death Guard = despair so they would be mirrored ethos

Edited by Wolf Lord Loki

Deathwatch and inquisition will be together. Talons of the emperor will be the custodes and sisters of silence. I was really hoping death guard were going to be with the Tau but owell. I've been taking a break from playing on the table top anyways. Psychic awakening has been pretty half assed. None of the books come close to the space marine supplements in power. I don't understand why they thought balance wise it would be cool to give the largest faction a new dex and supps and then just do this crappy bandaid for everyone else. I would have rather they just started doing the new codexes already.

• 3 weeks later...

Deathwatch and inquisition will be together. Talons of the emperor will be the custodes and sisters of silence. I was really hoping death guard were going to be with the Tau but owell. I've been taking a break from playing on the table top anyways. Psychic awakening has been pretty half assed. None of the books come close to the space marine supplements in power. I don't understand why they thought balance wise it would be cool to give the largest faction a new dex and supps and then just do this crappy bandaid for everyone else. I would have rather they just started doing the new codexes already.

Honestly it would seem to suck to have a new PA and then 5 months have new rules but...

In the long war it would be worth it. ANYTHING to get rid of this ridiculous space marine meta and reset it to normal. Then with new rules they could perhaps make DR army wide and give our boltguns AP or something. 

The iron Hands are MORE resilient than the death guard and more shootier than the iron warriors. I know GW has space marine bias but this is literally worse than the knight meta. 

Honestly it would seem to suck to have a new PA and then 5 months have new rules but...

In the long war it would be worth it. ANYTHING to get rid of this ridiculous space marine meta and reset it to normal. Then with new rules they could perhaps make DR army wide and give our boltguns AP or something.

The iron Hands are MORE resilient than the death guard and more shootier than the iron warriors. I know GW has space marine bias but this is literally worse than the knight meta.

It's all to sell Primaris marines. GW doesn't care about balance, they sell plastic first and rules second. I'll probably wait for the codex. Too many marine players out there. Don't get your hopes up. I highly doubt we are getting rule changes in PA, just the same stuff as the other factions; relics, warlord traits and strats.

Valrak just posted a video on YT, with content from something called "conquest".

It has 2 Deathguard stratagems in it.

Does anybody know if these are mission specific strats or something new for us?

Strat 1 - 2cp, use before a blighlauncher shoots, if it hits then the targeted unit get's -1 to saves.

Strat 2 - 1 cp, use at start of enemy move phase - select enemy unit within 6'' of a deathguard model, it get's -2'' to advance and charge rolls.

if they are not locked to a certain mission/campaign then I would be very happy!

That blight launcher one would be awesome

Just wish could have a havoc style squad with multiple blight launchers, would be even nicer if that affected out plague marine bolters I really want more stuff that benefits taking lots of plague marines

Edited by Plaguecaster

Just wish could have a havoc style squad with multiple blight launchers, would be even nicer if that affected out plague marine bolters I really want more stuff that benefits taking lots of plague marines

The wording actually says it reduces the save by 1 for the rest of the phase. For the rest of the shooting turn regular marines would only get a 4+ armour save.

Makes it easier to make that unit really dead. Get that blight launcher to paint your target then pour the fire in

Its a good strategem!!

Edited by Wolf Lord Loki

The wording actually says it reduces the save by 1 for the rest of the phase. For the rest of the shooting turn regular marines would only get a 4+ armour save.

Makes it easier to make that unit really dead. Get that blight launcher to paint your target then pour the fire in

Its a good strategem!!