Blood Thrall's Blood Angels Collection

The Blood Thrall

Greeting, brothers of The Blood. 

I've been registered here for a few months, but this is my first post in this Blood Angels sub-forum. 

I have a few Blood Angels models around and I'll be posting here as I assemble, convert, kitbash and paint them. 

I hope they pass my brothers judgment as trully carying the title of Sons of Sanguinius.

C&C is more than welcome.

My hobby goals are to build the entire 5th Company (with the true marines) with some armoured support and a few other elements. 

My game goals are to build a competitive army while staying pure and restricted to non-primaris units and Blood Angels units only. 

I'll be uploading the stuff I've deem completed below. 

I'll see you guys around :wink:

Edited by The Blood Thrall

Blood Angels Relic Sicaran Battle Tank, "Fury of Baal".

This tank serves as the 4th battle tank of the Blood Angels 5th Company - The Daemonbanes. 

Captain Sendini, with his role as the Keeper of the Arsenal, has some leverage with the chapter's comnmand in unearthing and deploying ancient relics in battle. 

48911703867_542dbdb1cf_b.jpg

Looks good, however the black seems pretty messy which I find kind of weird considering the edge highlights suggest you have proper brush control normally. Consider tidying up where your black bleeds into the red before applying final steps like edge highlights. It'll make your model look so much better. ;)

It seems VERY red, like, a different super red from what I think of when I think Blood Angels, like FF0000 red.

That said, the paint job is phenomenal, and the modeling looks perfectly fine.

You have a keen eye, for a heretic (just jk); I've had a bad experience with painting big models with brushes, so I bought  a spray can and used it. I can't find GW sprays (and most of their products really) where I live, and it's against the law to import them directly from sellers from other countries, so I had to go with what was around.

Looks good, however the black seems pretty messy which I find kind of weird considering the edge highlights suggest you have proper brush control normally. Consider tidying up where your black bleeds into the red before applying final steps like edge highlights. It'll make your model look so much better. :wink:

The thing is, I had to paint this stuff with a spray that really wasn't made for miniature painting; it was too glossy and has a almost latex like feel or texture (don't know how to describe it)... So, when I was shading, the nuln oil didn't react well to it; and, to top it off, when I did made some mistakes, I found that my regular paint couldn't cover the red spray.

So I had to go with it and rationalize that those black spots are oil stains :whistling: 

Anyway, here's a conversion of mine that I'm very proud: Blood Angels Librarian in Bike:

48911901702_3cdf2a573b_b.jpg

Well ... never experiment with new kinds of paint on a big model? :biggrin.:

Also a reason why I stick to known brands like Citadel and Vallejo.

That's a lesson learned indeed. Citadel and Vallejo are too expensive in my country's currency, I'll see if I can get Army Painter's. 

Ooh, this one I love. It's got that bright blue you're technically supposed to use for Librarians. I, personally, am a fan of the "run a successor and paint just the pauldron trim blue (or black for Chaplains and white for Apothecaries)" thing, but the striking blue certainly stands out.

I also love that blue! I love this dude, I'll definitly run him more if I get my hands on Sanguinary Priest's bits and a Bike Squad or two (I already have a kitbashed Captain on bike without paint). 

Here's some of my favourite units in the whole game: dreadnoughts. I've painted the Furioso and the Death Company Dreads some time ago, and the Librarian a few months back. Very pround of them, might do some more basing in the first two, but for now I have my hands full with a Leviathan. 

48914407352_32c01b557a_b.jpg

48914202301_4832776d92_b.jpg

48914407527_da154c94bd_b.jpg

The Chapter's finest: Terminator Squads from the hailed 1st Company:

48919173456_b4770b9638_b.jpg

This Squad above was "converted" from the Dark Vengeance boxset about a year ago; it wasn't very hard to turn them to our chapter since there's some winged motiffs all around the models, and I had a few bits from Death Company and Sanguinary Guard around to make it more Blood Angel like. Loved painting them.

48919165401_fcf618313c_b.jpg

Assault Termies - I've always wanted to field a full Terminator Strike Force - Librarian, Captain, Chaplain, etc. One day that dream will come true. 

I painted these dudes about a 1 month ago, I've experimented with battle dammage on the armor and shields, and power weapon effects on the hammers. Although I love the termies helm I kept the sargeant without one, since I need to practice painting faces.