Aspect warrior updates?

TorvaldTheMild

Damnit, trying to add photos from my phone is annoying.

Anyways, found the bit from the Sketchbook I was looking for. Jes provides warpaint examples for each Aspect, and mentions with the Dire Avengers example “Exarch who is so far along his path that he can assume identity with symbolic markings rather than mask”.

Also, the Dire Avengers were apparently going to be called the Wrath Knights, and Fire Dragon also translates as “Fire-From-Heaven”.

That's cool but its still not cannon.  

Well I just did a quick Google, and they definitely don't lean forwards much at all. They stay pretty upright. I imagine its because of the weight and counter balance of such a long weapon.

But I'm no expert either, could just be to make a bigger target, less likely to smash their faces in then I guess haha. And this is a fantasy environment with fantasy building materials/technologies.

But looking at your kit bashes they don't look as bad as I thought they would.

Edited by Captain Coolpants

I've always thought about jousting tournaments and how the Knights lean forward into the lance. It makes them a smaller target and if their opponent was more prone to sit erect it made a bigger target. It also looks more asthetically pleasing on the eye then the old kits. I'm still not happy with the exarch helmet tho. To much flat to catch wind.

I've always thought about jousting tournaments and how the Knights lean forward into the lance. It makes them a smaller target and if their opponent was more prone to sit erect it made a bigger target. It also looks more asthetically pleasing on the eye then the old kits. I'm still not happy with the exarch helmet tho. To much flat to catch wind.

Yeah but they only do that when they charge, which is what a joust is.  You could hold the spear in that position for long periods of times, you'd have to sit upright.  So they sit up when not engaging in CC but they can still lean over to charge.  I think people are being a bit too unfair to those models, they look great, I think people just prefer the new ones which I will admit look better but the older Jetbikes still look great to me and they are realistic for shining spears, maybe they could update the jetbikes, make them look like the new ones but still have them sit upright, but I don't see that happening as the Autarch was released with the old one, so I think they are keeping that style for shining spears.  I would like new models for spears as they don't look that different from guardians, the exarch does but, I'd like to see something more unique.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

If you are willing to go 3rd party, these alternative Spears look pretty good. Although I think I would prefer them on the new GW jetbikes (assuming the riders fit).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YozMvB70orw/UhR98BRj8bI/AAAAAAAAAgI/NjHZfxI_3OU/s1600/Shining+Spears.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Scorpions/Dragons both wear heavier armour, but the design is still significantly different. Dragons tend to be scaled/studded, with the Scorpions being segmented/ribbed plates. I can't see how you'd have the two combine a kit without either major redesigns to them, or very spindly "core" models that you add appropriate armour plates to.

Reapers/Spiders are the same, in that while the Spiders have very heavy armour, they're also a very mobile aspect, so I'd expect mobile-looking models, compared to the very static Reapers.

The idea of Aspect Warrior dual-kits arose as some Eldar players were concerned that GW seemed reluctant to resculpt Aspect Warriors in plastic. At the same time, several kits were brought out to build 2 distinct units (Wraithguard/Wraithblades, Lycheguard/Praetorians etc). Dual kits were suggested as a way of getting 2 aspects for the price of 1 in terms of development costs.

Now that GW have redone Banshees, I think it is safer to assume that other Aspects will follow in time. This means we don't need to push the dual-aspect kit idea since it was only introduced as a way to try and keep aspect warriors alive at a time when many aspects were poor/mediocre in the game and lumbered with finecast kits. I don't think the idea needs to be pursued not that GW has done a single-aspect kit.