Actually "Awesome"

bluntblade

There's a lot more set up that leads to this quote, that brings it to the awesome level you mean. But in Siege of Terra: The Lost and the Damned, after Layak has zoomed around on his flying skull and offered terms of surrender, Raldoron and Thane makes their oaths and stand ready to fight, Dorn then gives his command.

Dorn himself spoke then, a message that went to every helm, vox-bead and address system in the palace.

"The time for speeches is done," said Dorn. "The first great test is here. My order to you all is simple, yet heed it well, and exert yourselves to see it done"

"They are coming. Kill them all."

Just a :cussing awesome and bluntly to the point command. 

"Legion": When Mu and her retinue are left on 42 Hydra Tertius to be drowned and swallowed by the world...

"The Lords of Silence": Vorx cuddling and carrying a "wounded" Nurgling with him. <3

"The Eye of Medusa" and "The Voice of Mars": every single scene on Medusa. I really love Guymers description and elaboration of the Iron Hands-homeworld.

Raldoron fighting the painted count. Particularly raldorons response after the count names himself in a grand duel kind of way

"Never heard or you"

Yeah Raldorons dialogue and actions in that one fight scene was better than all his dialogues in the other novels combined.

"Get off my wall"

But yeah, that blunt dismissal of the count probably would have hurt his inflated ego.

Edited by Angel_of_Blood

in wolfsbane

When russ and his fleet are charging horus's fleet.

Russ's ships are travel at superluminal speeds,  *I imagine the ship visual is getting stretched, and groaning under the strain* and as it charges Horus's flag ship the transports and drop pods are all launching even before they slam on the breaks.

so literally the haraknafell is launching its boarding parties before the traitors see the ship and an instant later its there with all the transports a defesnive fire going off.

then the transports are all going break neck speed for all the targets, a ton getting blown up while the others land.

Im not doing that scene justice, but damn, it was amazing

If we're talking pure action scenes (e.g. something taking place in the middle of a fight), Lorgar being described in Betrayer as a "prophet clawing wisdom from the heavens" as he tears a thunderhawk out of the sky is my favourite. A casual show of his power, described in such elegant terms, really reinforced how far he had come since The First Heretic.

Edited by Marshal Loss

• Prince of Crows - when Sevatar 'surfs' on a fighter in a void war to get to another ship

Master of Mankind - And in a sunless realm, the sun rose at last.

how did i forget those. The Emperor turning up is one of the most epic moments of them all lol.

easy to miss one or two out, there's so many. but a couple of others have come to mind;

scars with the alpha legion and death guard appearing and commencing the battle with the 1v1 going on down on the ground of prospero is another.

i think there is literally an epic moment in every single book, even the ones i didn't care for (like the beginning of Fear to Tread when the system starts turning into a nightmare and everyone is like "golly gee/i've got a baaad feeling about this" kind of thing)

Brynngar of the Space Wolves slaughtering his Blood Claw pack during a delusional frenzy, then heroically redeeming himeslf by hurtling into the Furious Abyss reactor covered in explosives while dreaming of fishing on Fenris.

A great man. Saviour of Macragge.

“...beyond them were over a thousand members of the Rout trapped inside the hall, surrounded by the Sons of Horus. Enemy reinforcements were flooding into the chamber, attacking the Vlka with savage glee. The Rout howled and roared out their oaths, letting their savagery run free. They were doomed nevertheless. ‘They are all going to die,’ Bjorn said. ‘It is glorious.’”

— Wolfsbane (The Horus Heresy) by Guy Haley

Awesome in a tragic way, from Sabbat Martyr:

"Nineteenth [Platoon] lasted seventeen minutes from the time the gates closed. They accounted for one-hundred and eighty nine enemy casualties. No one witnessed their heroism."

And just plain awesome from the same book:

"Come, Ibram. Let us educate the archenemy of mankind."

"What shall we teach them?"

"The Emperor protects."

• 2 weeks later...

Lucius battling the creatures on Murder with one of their own limbs.

Nemesis, where the Eversor Assassin crashes straight into the Sons of Horus (a strange feeling from a loyalist perspective, to have a being that isn't astartee or higher charge at traitor space marines and you actually feel bad for the traitors)

Legion: That entire book had me rooting for a chapter i never cared about especially at the end where the alpha turns up to reinforce the beta.