Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

October White Dwarf Content: Judgement Sqn. mini campaign

Aeronautica Imperialis game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Beaky Brigade

Beaky Brigade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 823 posts

So I knew there was going to be a battle report in this months White Dwarf (October 2019) but it turns out there is also 5 mission mini campaign set during the 3rd war for Armageddon. FYI you need the Rynns World book to use it properly.

'Judgement Squadron', formed of other squadron remnants, fights an increasingly desperate series of engagements to defend Hive Volcanus from the Ork Air Waaargh and ground forces.

The rules are similar to the standard campaign rules except you fight the 5 missions in order, and the Imperial player can't replace aircraft lost from their squadron list. They either use the historical composition + 40pts of upgrades or 300pts of other aircraft.

Missions 1-4 are from the Rynns world book but have extra suggested rules. Mission 5 is a new one called 'Last Flight' where the remaining Imperials have to destroy 3 partially completed Gargants to save the hive. The Ork war machines are altitude 3 terrain and do take damage from suicidal or accidental aircraft collisions.

There are also rules for 2 unique aces 'Leoz Answith' for the Navy, and 'Da Skymuncha' for the Orks, leaders of the respective forces.

There is about 6 pages of content including the background, and 12 overall including the battle report, so a reasonable effort from GW. I hope to see more to come!

Edited by Beaky Brigade, 07 December 2019 - 12:10 PM.

• mithrilforge, Dosjetka, duz_ and 2 others like this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,115 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

This I can get behind. Very exciting. Anything from Armageddon is awesome in my book

Krash

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,062 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Leon Answith sounds very WWII biggrin.png  Da Skymuncha! sounds ermm.gif  ...happy.png  always like to have extra Aces

Cheers Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,195 posts

This months issue comes with a Grot Bomb ace - he gets two moves of the grot bomb per turn.

• Beaky Brigade likes this

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

Just got hold of mine.

"Rudok Redz"

Grot Bomb Ace: A single Grot Bomm fired by this aircraft may be piloted by Rudok Redz for +2 points. When moving, Rudok Redz may make up to two turns with his Grot Bomm rather than the usual one.

Spoiler

Edited by Black_Knight, 15 November 2019 - 10:26 PM.

• Beaky Brigade likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aeronautica Imperialis game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users