Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts on the Mk III "Iron" kit?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 900 posts

Right, so, frater of the B&C... I'm looking into picking up the plastic Mk III kit from Horus Heresy and some combi-weapons from Forge World to run as combi-spam for my Word Bearers. What's the general consensus on the kit? Any good? Are there better combi-weapons which match the boltgun pattern that comes with the Mk III kit?

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,209 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP
It's a solid kit.

I like it better than the Tactical Squad box. I'm using one to make Sternguard for my son's Imperial Fists.

Edited by Claws and Effect, 19 October 2019 - 05:28 PM.

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos

its far better than the regular tactical or mkiv box in straight-up aesthetics, although it has less options. however, its not as easily kit-bashable in my opinion as mkiv and regular mkvi/vii unfotunately.

beautiful kit, limited options. unless you go forgeworld of course.

• SickSix likes this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,151 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

For vets, just get the Mk IV bolters off ebay/other bits sites to match the combi weapons for Mk III's. Then, when you do Mk IV's, you can use the Mk III bolters for variation. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,992 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

It's a lovely kit but it doesn't have as many options as the MK4 Maximus armour box - that one also has combi weapons for the Sergeant, a Missile Launcher and a Flamer. 

I haven't tried myself but you could bash it with some of the less corrupted Death Guard legs for more poses too. 

Edited by Reyner, 21 October 2019 - 10:19 AM.

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 898 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I like the kit a lot. The legs are a pain to Assembler since they are in two parts, but it gives some more Variation for stances though.
You can swap the weapons at the wrist. So as long, as they are Holding it infront of their chest you can Import any gun you want. If you want anything else, you will need different arms.
But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.- Reclusiarch Grimaldus
uqpKirY.jpg

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 660 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

I like the kit a lot. The legs are a pain to Assembler since they are in two parts, but it gives some more Variation for stances though.
You can swap the weapons at the wrist. So as long, as they are Holding it infront of their chest you can Import any gun you want. If you want anything else, you will need different arms.

You have two straight down arms for SGT. of the kit. For pistol, rifle and for melee options.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users