Ranking the Space Marine supplements

Ishagu

Position of the GK in the meta compared to the other chapters?

Grey Knights are not space marines. But to answer the spirit of your question. Last. Dead last.

This is no longer true. I got pretty brutalised by a Paladin bomb in a tournament on the weekend. If he had not made a deployment mistake allowing me to grab a load of VP on the first 2 turns I would have had no chance. As it was I had little option but to retreat away from the lethal hail of smites and just hang onto my VP lead in a classic Crimson Fists defiant last stand.

If he had deployed better I would have been wrecked. I think they are a powerhouse army that requires skill to wield , one bad mistake and the game will be gone but if you get it right they can wreck almost anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Grey Knights are not space marines. But to answer the spirit of your question. Last. Dead last.

This is no longer true. I got pretty brutalised by a Paladin bomb in a tournament on the weekend. If he had not made a deployment mistake allowing me to grab a load of VP on the first 2 turns I would have had no chance. As it was I had little option but to retreat away from the lethal hail of smites and just hang onto my VP lead in a classic Crimson Fists defiant last stand.

If he had deployed better I would have been wrecked. I think they are a powerhouse army that requires skill to wield , one bad mistake and the game will be gone but if you get it right they can wreck almost anything.

Good news! I like what psychic awakeaning has brought to grey knights. Buffs are the way to balance in my opinion.

Well if you guys want to see how well GK can actually do now, how about the ultimate test of Lawrence's GK army vs a Tournament winning Iron Hands army list - commanded by the actual tournament Champion. That is, the 1st place Iron Hands player vs Lawrence the 2nd place in the 2020 Beachhead brawl. The battle that never took place at the tournament has been realized below in this 7th Shadow Round!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Atv6BWUjg

EDIT: I haven't actually watched it myself since I'm getting ready to fly out tomorrow. But maybe by the time I land, someone will have posted some cool details / and have a discussion going. As of typing this I don't know who has actually emerged victorious...??

But for now, i'll just end by saying - go Lawrence! For Titan!

Edited by Waking Dreamer