Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

For Dante I'd love to get something like the new Katakros model from AoS (just less static as he'd be in the middle of the fight with his Jump Pack, Axe and Inferno Pistol obviously).

Spoiler

The rules they gave Katakros are great too. Basically at full health all his attendands fight and he only contributes a little. When he loses wounds one after another attendand falls away but he contributes more until he finally uses all of his attacks and also uses his shield.

I had similar thoughts when I contemplated on what would be great to have in the next Codex:BA.

One defining thing about Dante is that he is always accompanied by the Sanguinary Guard. On the table, when you drop him with a squad of SG and make a charge with one but fail with the other, it looks very silly. Like, the Chapter Master charges into combat, but his bodyguards stand behind and watch, or the other way around. I was thinking about a Strategem that let's one's retinue automaticaly charge along with the Character, but I like your suggestion too.

I also had thoughts about a big model of Dante + Sanguinor on one base. Like a single model. Them fighting in tandem. But that would imply that wherever Dante goes, Sanguinor appears, and thats a little bit to silly.

• Chronos1985 likes this

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,290 posts

On the table, when you drop him with a squad of SG and make a charge with one but fail with the other, it looks very silly. Like, the Chapter Master charges into combat, but his bodyguards stand behind and watch, or the other way around. I was thinking about a Strategem that let's one's retinue automaticaly charge along with the Character, but I like your suggestion too.

Agree with that. Even a basic rule like:

Sworn Retainers: Immediately after rolling for charge distance with this unit, you may also move a character within 3" of this unit towards the target enemy unit by the amount shown on the dice. If it comes within 1" of the target enemy unit it counts as having charged that unit this turn.

Edited by Xenith, Yesterday, 04:45 PM.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts

Maybe something like this so you're incentivized to run fly units? Deepstrike Dante (or other models which get this rule) with some Assault Marines, Vanguard Vets or Sanguinary Guard, whatever. You could even pair him up with a Smashy for extra punch.

Sworn Retainers: Immediately after rolling for charge distance with this unit, you may immediately charge with one unit consisting entirely of <CHAPTER> FLY INFANTRY models within 3" using the result of this model's charge roll.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

BluejayJunior

BluejayJunior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 407 posts

Simple change to Descent of Angels. Just add in "If used on Dante [or a Charcter], then pick an additional unit with 6". This unit can also roll 3D6 for its charge [or uses the same charge roll] as long is it charges the same unit(s)." Could make it cost 1 more CP for the additional unit as well. It would be a simple change to allow a character to drop in leading a jump pack into battle. 

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_48988_15465_18311.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,332 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard
Instead of it being a strat, it should just be a modified Heroic Intervention.
Melee characters struggle from every faction compared to ones that want to sit in a gunline and buff shooting.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

Orblivion

Orblivion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 229 posts

Heroic Intervention only comes into play during your opponent's turn though, it would not help you maintain the narrative of bodyguards charging into combat alongside a character.

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,123 posts
Oh, he's beating up t sons?

I gotta see some spoilers
banana

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,332 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard

Heroic Intervention only comes into play during your opponent's turn though, it would not help you maintain the narrative of bodyguards charging into combat alongside a character.

I meant more that you could have "Heroic Intervention" AND "Heroic Charge" or whatever. Using similar wording for intervention, like "a single character within 3" of a non-character non-vehicle non-monster unit that is attempting a charge roll may declare a HEROIC CHARGE, if the unit is successful, the character is treated as having successfully charged the same targets, move the same distance, and must remain within 3" of the chosen unit until the end of the turn. On a failure, the character may not attempt another charge, heroic or otherwise." sorta deal.

So you roll for the unit, and get a character to pass/fail with them, to prevent the issue of 1 or the other succeeding. Your losing out on potential chances to get SOMETHING into combat, but you won't have a unit rush off and leave the character, or have the character decide to brave overwatch charging something after his unit failed.

• Orblivion likes this

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users