New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

I am so hyped, a new cool FW dread, a new Mephiston model and Blood of Baal. Wonder what kinda of new unit/units we get, maybe Primaris DC?

Then dont forget the new book, with Guy Haley, coming soon, Darkness in the Blood. Will be released at Black Library weekender on the 9th of nov.

I to would like to see Dante remain as chapter master and given a new model!

I am so hyped, a new cool FW dread, a new Mephiston model and Blood of Baal. Wonder what kinda of new unit/units we get, maybe Primaris DC?

Then dont forget the new book, with Guy Haley, coming soon, Darkness in the Blood. Will be released at Black Library weekender on the 9th of nov.

I doubt we will see new units.

New mephiston apparently

I doubt we will see new units.

New mephiston apparently

Ahh I interpreters it as two diffrent releases. And that the Blood of Baal will include something else then Mephiston.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

If we're lucky there may be a new specific BA unit in the battleforce box. I very much doubt it, it will probably be the unique Lt model we had, but you never know. Interesting to see if it's Primaris only, or contains a squad of DC and SG.

Thinking about it my money is on an Invictor and/or Impulsor.

Edited by VanDutch

If we're lucky there may be a new specific BA unit in the battleforce box. I very much doubt it, it will probably be the unique Lt model we had, but you never know. Interesting to see if it's Primaris only, or contains a squad of DC and SG.

Thinking about it my money is on an Invictor and/or Impulsor.

Think the current rumor is sang guard + primaris but it remains to be seen.

Mephistopheles makes sense. He’s supposed to be large but is one of our smallest models, a very old and static sculpt. Edit: Apparently the phone autocorrect decided BA naming needed an injection of Germanic mythology. I’ll leave that in just on the off chance that Meph gets a name update after entering the Box of Biggering and my phone turns out to be psychic.

3rd party sites have been marketing space death lords etc. that people seem to like and lots of people have made great looking Mephiston proxies out of kits like the Primaris chaplain. It makes sense for GW to put their own updated version out for such a popular character.

I’m not expecting any new units, just a mix of existing stuff with upgrade sprues, but you never know :)

Edited by Thoridon

Interested to see if he ends up primaris.

If he does he is a perfect candidate to go in an impulsor. One of the best options in the game.

So fingers crossed

Umm...

How exactly?

You can't charge after getting out of an Impulsor.

If he does he is a perfect candidate to go in an impulsor. One of the best options in the game.

So fingers crossed

Umm...

How exactly?

good point! I always forget there is no charging after disembarking.

So fingers crossed

Umm...

How exactly?

To be fair, you can normally charge after disembarking. But not when specifically using the Assault Vehicle rule for Impulsors. That's probably where the confusion came from. 

If he still has access to wings of sanguinus the there’s no need for an impulsor imo

It would have freed a valuable power slot though and you could have used wings on your Librarian Dread instead.

So fingers crossed

Umm...

How exactly?

To be fair, you can normally charge after disembarking. But not when specifically using the Assault Vehicle rule for Impulsors. That's probably where the confusion came from. 

Kind of counter intuitive, having a rule called assault vehicle whichspecifically prevents its occupants from assaulting.

I do think a true assault vehicle might be overpowered in the current game. Still, the Impulsor can shoot forwards then hopefully eather the storm with the shield dome. 

Assault doesn't necessarily mean melee in 40k to be fair.

We have Assault weapons that are best used for staying at range as well as our Assault Marines who were a long time best used by giving them a bunch of special weapons instead of sending them into melee.

However I agree that "Rapid deployment" would've been a better name for that kind of special rule.

I’d love it if wings was just integrated into his profile rather than a power.

They did that with the sword of Sanguinius, it would make sense for him to have it as 'always on'.

Reading the last Meph novel, I assume any model with have him with large bloody wings and they would go this route and have him as the flying monstrous creature he is. Despite some psychic blockages, Mephy seems to still be able to call on his flamin sword of Rhuin and his magic wings at will.

I’d love it if wings was just integrated into his profile rather than a power.

It makes sense as a power to make blood angels librarians different but the chance of failure/being denied makes it a bit risky imo when you can have Captains with jump packs as a smashy alternative

If he was just treated as jump pack infantry instead of having to cast a psychic power, he'd lose mobility.  Unless you're suggesting his normal movement stat should be 19", which would never happen.