New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

Sorry for double posting, but it's a different topic.

Just realized that our Sang Priests may have just lost access to all the gear options apart from the JP (and possibly boltgun) with the BoB.

New datasheet allows only JP and lists boltgun profile. Other options are listed in the Codex Legends.

Or am I reading this wrong?

Sorry for double posting, but it's a different topic.

Just realized that our Sang Priests may have just lost access to all the gear options apart from the JP (and possibly boltgun) with the BoB.

New datasheet allows only JP and lists boltgun profile. Other options are listed in the Codex Legends.

Or am I reading this wrong?

That's right. However unless you play tournaments that exclude Legends it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm on record as being one who favors the BA as being their own seperate, unique book as opposed to being rolled into Codex:SM as the "red supplement," but I think lumping all successors together as offshoots of the BA takes away some of the fun.

Part of what makes 40k so fun is how ridiciulously expanse of it is...supposedly there's a 1000 chapters of Space Marines....so much room to get creative and interesting. I'd like to think there are BA Successors who are Ultramarines + Red Thirst, Imperials Fists + Red Thirst, Whites Scars + Red Thirst, Black Templars + Red Thirst, Salamanders + Red Thirst, RG + RT, and so on and so on. Even that is simple compared to what's possible. Why I thought it was kinda neat with the addition of the Carmine Blades: they thought they were basically Red UM with peculiar tendencies and skills at melee, until they realized they actually were a BA chapter. The possibilities are quite cool. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Hidden Content

If I was in charge of this at GW studio, I would make BA it's own Codex, with 3x full supplements:

-Flesh Tearers

-Lamenters

-The Blooded which covers all the other Successors that have made an official appearance over the years as well as Build a Bear rules ala Codex:SM 2.0 with some of the more OP combos removed.

(Flesh Tearers and Lamenters selected because--to the best of my knowledge--they are the ones that have the most "official" recognition with models and/or rules and/or # of novels about them etc...

For those that play Successors, if given an option to take Red Thirst + another secondary trait of choice, would you  prefer that?