Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

Here is a compilation of PA2 rumours ( and a couple more)

Let me know if i missed something.

"

There will be boxes a lot like Druk Vs Craft Volume 1 except for Volume 2 and Volume 3 which are the armies of the next Battleforces"

"There will be a character for Smc Volume 2 (Sorcerer) and Mephiston Primatise for Volume 3."

"A box Ork Vs Wolf which someone has already spoken and which I had a similar information for the volume 4."

My news does not go further for PA until the end of January when Volume 4 will be released."

Nicked off Dakka (Source: "From our new favorite overlord french rumor monger (Kikasstou)"):

About Psychic Awakening Vol. 3 (BA vs Tyranids) :

_ Mephiston will get a new model. He is now a primaris.

About Psychic Awakening Vol. 2 :

_ Main focus is BT vs Chaos (CSM). SoB will be in it, but they are not the main focus of the book. Same goes for Imperial Guard.

_ Librarians, Chaplains and Techmarines "level 2" are making a comeback. Librarians and Chaplains know one more spell / litany and can cast one more spell / litany. Techmarines lvl 2 can repair a flat 3 damages instead of D3.

_ Access to those lvl 2 characters will work in the same manner as getting a Chapter Master or Ork Warphead. The stratagems to "upgrade" the characters will cost 1 CP.

_ All SM will have access to those lvl 2 characters (he doesn't know if SW, DA and BA will have access to Chaplains lvl 2 because they don't even know Litanies right now). He thinks it is only for SM and CSM will not have access to something similar but he's not sure.

_ BT cannot use IF stratagems / warlord traits / etc. PA2 will pretty much be its own supplement for BT : super-doctrine, warlord traits, relics, stratagems and their very own Litanies. He doesn't know if there will be any new model for BT (it was confirmed to him that there will be NO Primaris version or new model for Hellbrecht, Grimaldus and the Emperor's Champion).

_ Don't expect a lot of new models in general. There might be a new Chaos Sorcerer though.

Now specific for Black Templars:

- Chapter Doctrine should be during Assault: if getting a 6 to hit in CC, then auto-wound;

- one relic should allow one unit within 6'' to be considered under the Assault Doctrine;

- Crusaders Squads are still a thing: if there is as many Marines as Scouts, then everyone should get +1 to hit in CC;

- specific litanies for Black Templars (as they don't have Psykers).

Edited by Sete

Latest rumors I heard on BoLS and Spikey Bits had a BT box set with a primaris EC and one other updated BT unit going against Emperor's Children.  BoLS article was written yesterday, Spikey Bits is today.  When did that change?

What sources do these articles have? The source Sete is quoting has repeatedly stated he doesn't know there'll be a box for AP2, he's stated clearly that no existing BT character will be updated, he's mentioned that chaos will have a new character (sorceror) but never once mentioned BT getting anything in terms of models.

We know the book is coming, and it'll be detailing BT vs chaos. The book will service as our "supplement" according to the source, but there's been no mention of anything beyond that.

Sure, so have I.  I get that it's rumor mill, but at least I shared a source.  Not really sure what your source is, but I can't imagine it's any better.  If we're speculating on anything, saying "We get nothing," is the easiest option.  We haven't gotten anything new since 4th edition.

What sources do these articles have? The source Sete is quoting has repeatedly stated he doesn't know there'll be a box for AP2, he's stated clearly that no existing BT character will be updated, he's mentioned that chaos will have a new character (sorceror) but never once mentioned BT getting anything in terms of models.

We know the book is coming, and it'll be detailing BT vs chaos. The book will service as our "supplement" according to the source, but there's been no mention of anything beyond that.

Maybe I'm coming a little late to the conversation.  I missed Sete's source in the initial post.

To answer your question:  Spikey Bits almost exclusively references BoLS and says to take all of it with a grain of salt.  As far as I can see, BoLS seems to be pure conjecture.

Edited by Godspear

Yeah, I'm a bit hesitant to trust them, hency why I asked a little rhetorically.

The one referenced here has been drip feeding stuff for months now and has gotten a proven track record by being dead on,

He's on the one hand said that the focus of the coming book is a pretty much on BT vs Chaos, and BT will get the most "new stuff", but I'm lead to believe that means rules. The different chaos legions aren't getting as much. As for if we're getting any models, he hasn't said a thing except that none of our existing characters will be updated, don't expect much on the character front. The only model he's said that will be coming for pa2 is the chaos sorceror afaik.

This doesn't neccessarily contradict anything said by bols or spikeybits. There could well be a box. But i'm wondering if it might be more realistic to expect a box of generic space marines vs chaos, like shadowspear, only with us on the cover art. if we should even expect a box at all.

Yeah, I'm a bit hesitant to trust them, hency why I asked a little rhetorically.

The one referenced here has been drip feeding stuff for months now and has gotten a proven track record by being dead on,

He's on the one hand said that the focus of the coming book is a pretty much on BT vs Chaos, and BT will get the most "new stuff", but I'm lead to believe that means rules. The different chaos legions aren't getting as much. As for if we're getting any models, he hasn't said a thing except that none of our existing characters will be updated, don't expect much on the character front. The only model he's said that will be coming for pa2 is the chaos sorceror afaik.

This doesn't neccessarily contradict anything said by bols or spikeybits. There could well be a box. But i'm wondering if it might be more realistic to expect a box of generic space marines vs chaos, like shadowspear, only with us on the cover art. if we should even expect a box at all.

Thanks for the clarification.  For all our sake, I hope the guys at BoLS are right.  13 years is a long time to wait for a worthwhile update.

I kind if find it hard to believe that the next book is virtually unsupported, model wise. Especially after the latest trailer hinted so heavily at Templars. That being said, gw teasers promising never before seen levels of awesome remind me of Inigo Montoya - "you keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means"

I kind if find it hard to believe that the next book is virtually unsupported, model wise. Especially after the latest trailer hinted so heavily at Templars. That being said, gw teasers promising never before seen levels of awesome remind me of Inigo Montoya - "you keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means"

But we do not know that with any degree of certainty. The recent leaks have suggested that none of our known characters have not been scaled up to primaris but that's it. New models have not been altogether ruled out. It'll be one thing to complain once everything is out, but that's not the case yet.

My local GW manager seems convinced that BTs are getting a strong showing in PA 2 AND a codex supplement AND some new model. Now don't start a rumour on that, he doesn't know any more than we do, his basis for reasoning is the relatively simple "Why wouldn't they get more or less the same treatment as others". He's probably wildly off the mark, mind, but then again we don't know...

And besides, although model support would be great, really all that matters is that we get decent - yet fluffy - rules. As far as models go, I'll build my own, named characters have mostly always been underwhelming anyway.

I'll only start riots if we don't even get an upgrade sprue. That's a pretty basic bottom line to draw. I really think we should get something more than that but the complete silence on that front has me worried. And before someone says its "too early to tell", yeah sure its not definitive, no rumors are. But we actually have model rumors for both PA3 and 4, so it being silent on PA2, besides a possible chaos sorceror, isn't a good sign...

I view model support way more important than rules. Rules come and go, they may be bad one edition, great in another. But if all our models are from 3rd/4th edition, that's a problem.

Regardless, I am looking forward to unique litanies for us (for however long that's gonna be unique to us anyway), since it feels like, for the first time, an acknowledgement that we should get something in return for not having access witches.

I'll only start riots if we don't even get an upgrade sprue. That's a pretty basic bottom line to draw. I really think we should get something more than that but the complete silence on that front has me worried. And before someone says its "too early to tell", yeah sure its not definitive, no rumors are. But we actually have model rumors for both PA3 and 4, so it being silent on PA2, besides a possible chaos sorceror, isn't a good sign...

I, for one, don't want an upgrade srue. The one we have is old, but it's so much more that anything we would get now. Even considering the size change between firstborn and primaris that makes some of the bits unfit, there is more usable bits there than in any of the new upgrade sprues

I, for one, don't want an upgrade srue. The one we have is old, but it's so much more that anything we would get now. Even considering the size change between firstborn and primaris that makes some of the bits unfit, there is more usable bits there than in any of the new upgrade sprues

They're extremely dated compared to what they could do now. You'll still have your old sprue. I want to get with the times. But fair enough. We disagree.

I'll take a new sprue in a heartbeat, sure. But I dont want to loose the old one. I still like my firstborn. And gw still supporting them gives me hope actually.

Do we know, when Spiel previews will be shown tomorrow? Its in my time zone for once so I hope not at some stupid time like 3 in the morning again.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

They're extremely dated compared to what they could do now. You'll still have your old sprue. I want to get with the times. But fair enough. We disagree.

I'm pretty sure that we'll lose the old one if there's a new one. For example, while Raven Guard Suppliment still has rules for firstborn Shrike, his old mini is gone from the shop.

I don't want to start an argument about tastes, it's pointless, so sorry if I sound that way, totally not my intention. My reasoning is that current upgrade sprues contain 9 shoulder pads, 3 heads, 2-3 special weapons and some decoration (vary between the chapter). Assuming old torsos won't fit primaris, BT sprue has 15 shoulder pads, 6 heads, 16 special weapons and 20 decorations.

Both packs have two sprues each, so not counting these. But the sheer difference in number of items is staggering. So, to rephrase. I'm not against getting a new upgrade pack, I'm against losing this one, even if it means not getting a new one

Edited by Smirnov

Stock up on the old one? :wink:

EDIT: All those pieces are showing their age. They're pre cad sprues. The eye sockets of the helmets aren't symmetrical, most edges are really soft, a lot of detailing is large and clumsy, etc. GW can do things better now. Yeah even I still use pieces from this older sprue, because in some cases there's nothing else or better around. So I got several bits still in my bits box, and if a new a sprue comes around, those bits that are in my bits box aren't just gonna vanish. They'll still be there. But I also choose not to use several bits because there are better ones around, I want more better bits around. But we're going in circles here.

Edited by Reinhard

Stock up on the old one? :wink:

Out of stock on the site D: Maybe because of the same reasoning ))

But yeah, If we get a new sprue, I'll definetely got some of the old ones just to have a surplus.

They do age, yup ( When I was actively converting my models, I ended up dipping into Blood Angels and GRey Knights range to get some quality bits

There is something you forget over here. After a time the actual sprue will not produced anymore. At this time, there is just hope to have another one. And I am pretty sure that the old sprue will be sold a small amount of time anyway. They just take out when all Firstborn Marines are out. Like Death Company, Wulfen,.. and our crusader squad.