Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

Can someone do a quick overview for those at work?

I have a feeling this will be OGmarines focused.

Just because our Chapter Specific stuff has no primaris included.

WL-Traits are weak. 2 seem to be okay but not that strong

- 6" Heroic Interventions

- +1 on charges and advance bubble

- deny the witch as a psyker

- always fight first (so god damn stupid)

- MW on each unit in 1" if charged or made a heroic intervention

- ap increases on 6" bubble in Close combat

lithany talble is very weak except one (5+++)

- 5+++

- always fight first (aaaarrgghhhhh why GW, WHYYYYY)

- reroll 1 to wound in Close combat

- minus 2 on leadership characteristic (mehhhhhhh)

- +1 attack if charged or heroic interv.

- +3 Aura abilite (again BS)

Charakters are better then before (except that the emperors Champion cannot take "Champion of humanity" any more)

- Helbrecht got +1 attack and his bubble is for the unit of that models within 6" not for those models only. reroll all hits. must take the WL-Trait to get +1 to Charge and advance

- Grimaldus still have the "exploding 6s" rule and can take 2 lithanies of the SM or BT lithany table - can deny one (with his WL-Trait two) tests

He is the winner in this Supplement so far (not must take but now viable)

- Cenobites dont make our Units fearless but still cost 2 Points each (must take) 5+ against mortals are 4+ with them

- Emperors Champion (must take oathkeeper - 6" heroic interventions) get -1 to hit in Close combat and +1 attack

- Crusader Squad, same cost as before and no MSU shooty things are allowed anymore. But if there are at least the same number of iniates as Neophytes the Neos can reroll 1s.

The Stratagems are very good so far. Confusing that our Scout Squads are now very very strong^^

(not the neophytes of a crusader squad  - except the stratagems they got nerfed and still more expensive then tacticals)

-reroll wounds with Scout Squads in melee for just one CP

-4+ deny the witch (after any other try to deny) one CP

-charging out of a LRC -> no overwatch and enemy get -1 to hit in Close combat

- each saving throw of 6 the enemy suffers one mortal wound - 1CP

- after advancing its allowed to shoot with Pistols and charge

- 2CP the enemy cannot leave Close combat (just on Infanterie - but Fly still cannot leave)

- 6" for pile in and consolidate (very good in combination with the two before)

- Relics for Sword Brethren/Seargents

Some of our Relics are interesting but nothing is a must take or as good as the relics of the first founding chapters

- to speak a lithany ---> 2dice and discard the lowest

- increase Aura-range +3 and one unit in 6" can taken into Assault doctrine

- 4++ for one battleround in 3"

- after a psyker cast a psychic power, he get d3 mortal wounds

- the relic sword (+1Str and 3Dmg)

- a weapon which can snipe witches

There is no sentence which dont allow us to take the IF Supplement too. So Assault Terminators seem very strong with the Stratagem which gave +1 on saves  - so we can move, run and Charge with Helbrecht we get +1 on Charge and advance move and can consolidate 6" and hold enemies tight.

Cannot saying anything of the fluff. No models.

I would say that some of those Stratagems work for Intercessors very good too. But I see a lot of Scout lists^^

3 Invicor Suits  and 60 Scouts in 9" from the enemy in first round .... seems pretty hard.

Edited by Medjugorje

Always throws me for a loop for a moment when people discuss unit options that aren't actually in the codex anymore, like veteran bikes. A lot of events and such don't allow Index (which is why my bikes that were supposed to be veteran bikes for the Index will likely end up in the Deathwatch instead).

Always fight first can be solid in the right circumstances, namely heroic interventions but the warlord trait one is pretty weak. The litany could be pretty solid depending on list and opponent at least but I expect it to be very niche. Good thing you can always take something else.

The increased aura stuff is always useful especially now that we have plenty of reasons to take a bunch of characters.

I expect the +1 advance and charge trait will be one of the more common defaults while the rest will just be given to a second character via strat when needed.

Relics are the same way crusader Helm is solid, the chaplain one for insuring litanies go off is solid, the rest will just be a matter of who you're up against.

I do like the variety we have and wouldn't mind if we lost access to the imperial fist strats and such now. Would be nice to keep some of it but can't win them all.

Always fight first can be solid in the right circumstances, namely heroic interventions but the warlord trait one is pretty weak. The litany could be pretty solid depending on list and opponent at least but I expect it to be very niche. Good thing you can always take something else.

Can be solit if you have a lot of units with this rule. It prevents  from  many charges

Always strike first can combo well with our deny fall back strat.

In our turn a unit gets into combat with a vital enemy unit. In the enemy turn they try and fall back and you pop the strat to stop them. In their fight phase, the enemy would get to pick a unit to go first as its their turn, but instead the templar unit gets to fight first.

Its situation but still a good tool to have in the box. At least we can make use of always fight first in some capacity, which is more then most armies!

I have taken static pictures of the various rules/datasheets as showed in the video reviews. I can share them if anyone is interested and it's not against the terms of the forum ?

Yes please post, hard to keep going back through the video reviews...

Does anyone know if the shroud relic has to be on the field after it's used to get the 4++? Was thinking about a character starting the game outside of a transport, popping it turn 1 to give everything the 4++, then jumping in the transport.

When I heard the scout stratagem, like many I was a little confused because I was looking at them through a BT fluff lens.

Taking a step back, one thing I haven’t seen mentioned here yet are Scout bikers. They are really versatile. They come withe knives, shotguns and twin bolters. They can put out a lot of shots. The entire squad can swap the twin bolters for grenade launchers, which then changes their role a bit (especially in turn 2 when you’re tactical doctrine and they would be -2ap). Their mobility is useful for board control, response, objective taking and getting into range.

Remember, shotguns are 12’ Range...I believe within 6 they are +1s...to S5. It’s possible that each one is putting out 6 shots (4 from twin bike bolters and 2 from shotguns).

Then if you decide to charge, it’s a further 3 attacks per guy (+ the sargent’s load out) and the new scout strat allows them to re roll their hits. They are an interesting tool that in the hands of the right player could cause target priority issues or if left alone will dish out more than people expect.

I've been theory crafting around the new stuff a good bit recently. There's so many things I want to take like relics and WL traits that I find myself wanting to spend 5 CP before the game even starts. 

Only thing that I would really want above all else is a point cost reduction to company veterans on bikes. Hopefully that will be in CA19.

1) If I find myself going against a faction that is probably going to bring psykers, I definitely want to give Grimaldus his warlord trait and take witchseeker rounds on either a stalker bolter intercessor sergeant or an Eliminator Sergeant. That's 2 CP right there. 

2) During the beginning of the battle round we can give a 4++ invuln and 5+ Ignore wounds to a big blob of intercessor veterans. I'd love to give the sarge the sword of Judgement but I feel like its too much CP to spend. Could also gauge making them vets depending on faction. 

3) Does the litany to expand aura ranges also expand the relic shrouds range? If so that's an auto take combo. I would like to think that it does work this way. If not its not the end of the world. 

4) I definitely want +1 to advance and charge rolls WL trait on a captain moving up the board and the Crusader Helm on that same captain. Have him and grimaldus moving up the board with that big blob of intercessors and some aggressors, yeah I like the sound of that. 

5) Repulsors and LRCs getting access to a full battle round of 4++ is a very intriguing option. 

There's a lot to choose from here and it will take a lot of games playing around with this stuff for me to settle on what I want to take. 

Alright I think we are done here. The rules have been fully spoiled so despite the fact that the book is not yet available there isn't anything that we don't know. We also have several other topics discussing strategy and how to use our shiny new toys to make competitive lists.