Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

Well we'll know soon enough, at least a week to go for the next preview which will most likely be Psychic Awakening as pretty much everything has been cleared as SoB already have had a whole year of previews and AoS has relesed the 2 armies they have been teasing for a while now. So buckle up because we still got a couple of weeks to get whatever it is we are getting.

From the rumour front, i think it will be dry for a while.

The source was victim of its own popularity, and i havent seen anything new for a couple of days.

Now we just have to wait. Worst comes to worse, we still might get good rules. ;)

Im pleased with what i have seen, as a casual player.

Edited by Sete

Guys, let's quit complaining about not getting models when we don't even know for sure that is the case. Would it be disappointing to not get anything model wise? Yeah absolutely, but is the death of our chapter? Hardly. Until their supplement less than a month ago, Iron Hands have never had a single model. Did that make the IH any less of a faction? 

WE NEED TO REMEMBER WHO WE ARE. FOR ARE WE NOT SPACE MARINES? THE CHOSEN OF THE EMPEROR UNTO DEATH? WE ARE THE CRUSADE ETERNAL. WE ARE THE BLACK TEMPLARS, VICTORY IS IT'S OWN REWARD. 

a source that was 100 percent correct until now says that we get nothing. And in last years we received nothing. Thats all I see - I dont Need more. WE WONT GET ANYTHING. Believe me.

That’s a shame from a support point of view (if true). But the silver lining for me is that we retain our hobby uniqueness across each crusade. What do I mean by that? Everyone’s crusade looks different because we have to be resourceful with different bits and greenstuff techniques.

I wouldn’t want to be like Death Guard where each army looks identical because the models are largely monopose and very distinctive.

Crimson Fists had no new models since Perdo Kantor was released like 10 or 15 years ago. Their captain Cortez was squatted.

Imperaial Fists had only Lysander for years, and all they got is lackluster supplement and hilariously ugly Tor Garadon with counter-inituitive rules.

Iron Hands got their first special character EVER.

Shall I continue?

We have THREE great looking characters, unique troops (only Wolves have troops other than standard ones). Our upgrade sprue is the biggest, it contains torsos, weapons, heads, shoulder pads, vehicle sprue - all in plastic, and in one box. While others need to search bitz at FW or old resin and metal blisters, we can just buy good old plastic. No one else in C:SM have anything like that. Our models are the most distinct, and, to be fair, the best looking among C:SM chapters.

Our rules are not bad, considering the amount of mortal wounds xenos and heretics can deal.

We have no primaris character? Oh well, too bad. Not that I care though, 'cause Grimaldus, EC and Helbrecht still look great (IMO, better than any new characters) and their rules are good enough. And primaris upgrade kits are a joke anyway, there's like 10 shoulder pads, couple of generic heads and one or two weapons.

We're not in worse shape than any SM chapter, including Angels and Wolves, both model and rule wise. So I don't get this "sky is falling" thing.

So I hope that PA2 will contain rules updates and some fluff, it will be good enough. If it works, don't try to fix it.

Edited by Deadman Wade

No matter what we get or don't get, reading these threads starts to get unbearable. No matter what happens, it's constant doom and gloom. What are we, Dark Angels?!

thats not because of us. thats GW

No, that's a choice of each person who posts negative doom and gloom comments. And frankly it's not going to be tolerated. The B&C is a place for constructive discussion of our chapter and the hobby as a whole. If you are disappointed by something that is fine you are allowed to make your position known. But the mods will not allow constant complaining and moaning about what we did or didn't get.

(please note the "you" in this context isn't directed at you personally but at the forum ad a whole)

I find myself lurking more and more on B&C because of the negative outlooks I see consistently around here. And let me tell you...I've been around a very long time.

Here is my position: At the end of the day, the vast majority of us want to play with our toy soldiers. And I would warrant that we would want to have a reasonable shot at winning the games we play, else what is the point of playing? Sure, you want a customizable and unique looking Crusade to represent your army and having model support helps do that. But I would be willing to bet a lot of money that more people would quit playing an army over their rules, rather than if we got a new *blank* model. I get it...new models are important. But I believe functional rules, that are reasonably competitive, are far more important.

I dont get emails about model support and hobby stuff. I get emails about our rules and how to implement them. I think that is ultimately what pushes us into the future.

Edited by Marshal Laeroth

I find the ascerting that we should be happy with what we got, to be equally grating. I'm not saying the sky is falling if we get nothing, nor am I one to toss the word squatting either. That's never been on the table. I still think it's deeply concerning to be left behind, modelwise.

The elephant in the room here is Primaris. Yeah, I don't care for the "for or against Primaris debate" yet again. Not now, not here. But most of the status quo'ers seem to dislike them. Sure, fine whatever, there's no accounting for taste. But they seem to think that those of us who have Primaris should be happy we aren't getting anything to that end also. Be happy with just rules, even though they'll be replaced in a couple of years, Be happy with our decades old models. They like them, we should too right? Everyone else got some toys, we don't need any, right? Urgh...

And if I hear about Iron Fists one more time...

Yeah, this isn't the end of anything. The sky isn't falling. Some of us want new models, when literally every other chapter of the codex has gotten something modelwise (that includes CF, as they share the upgrade sprue with IF), we want at least that. Some of us could well do tone the doom and gloom. But stop telling us to be happy with the memory that we used to get attention back in 4th edition, alright?

I find the ascerting that we should be happy with what we got, to be equally grating. I'm not saying the sky is falling if we get nothing, nor am I one to toss the word squatting either. That's never been on the table. I still think it's deeply concerning to be left behind, modelwise.

The elephant in the room here is Primaris. Yeah, I don't care for the "for or against Primaris debate" yet again. Not now, not here. But most of the status quo'ers seem to dislike them. Sure, fine whatever, there's no accounting for taste. But they seem to think that those of us who have Primaris should be happy we aren't getting anything to that end also. Be happy with just rules, even though they'll be replaced in a couple of years, Be happy with our decades old models. They like them, we should too right? Everyone else got some toys, we don't need any, right? Urgh...

And if I hear about Iron Fists one more time...

Yeah, this isn't the end of anything. The sky isn't falling. Some of us want new models, when literally every other chapter of the codex has gotten something modelwise (that includes CF, as they share the upgrade sprue with IF), we want at least that. Some of us could well do tone the doom and gloom. But stop telling us to be happy with the memory that we used to get attention back in 4th edition, alright?

By the same token, it could be argued that if you like primaris, then you got a slew of new models in the past couple of years, whereas some who would dislike them got absolutely nothing.

So no, no-one is telling anyone to be happy. All that's being said is to wait until the release is actually out to complain about model support if that's warranted. You don't know there's no model support... There are rumours that no character got upgraded to primaris, yes, granted. But that doesn't mean there isn't an upgrade sprue, or a lieutenant.

By the same token, it could be argued that if you like primaris, then you got a slew of new models in the past couple of years, whereas some who would dislike them got absolutely nothing.

So no, no-one is telling anyone to be happy. All that's being said is to wait until the release is actually out to complain about model support if that's warranted. You don't know there's no model support... There are rumours that no character got upgraded to primaris, yes, granted. But that doesn't mean there isn't an upgrade sprue, or a lieutenant.

And before that almost the entire old marine range was refreshed, so on equal footing really.

You also know as well as I do that I'm talking about chapter specific stuff. And I don't agree with you that that "is all that's being said". But then again, I don't feel the doom and gloom has been all that bad, some passionate members aside, so what do I know?

I find myself lurking more and more on B&C because of the negative outlooks I see consistently around here. And let me tell you...I've been around a very long time.

Here is my position: At the end of the day, the vast majority of us want to play with our toy soldiers. And I would warrant that we would want to have a reasonable shot at winning the games we play, else what is the point of playing? Sure, you want a customizable and unique looking Crusade to represent your army and having model support helps do that. But I would be willing to bet a lot of money that more people would quit playing an army over their rules, rather than if we got a new *blank* model. I get it...new models are important. But I believe functional rules, that are reasonably competitive, are far more important.

I dont get emails about model support and hobby stuff. I get emails about our rules and how to implement them. I think that is ultimately what pushes us into the future.

This.

it could be argued that if you like primaris, then you got a slew of new models in the past couple of years, whereas some who would dislike them got absolutely nothing.

Also this. I'm not saying BT don't deserve model support. I'm asking politely that we get strong rules for normal marines, and that the special characters that aren't named, like EC, get left alone for one more edition so I can get a final run of my marines before putting them out to pasture. Primaris are going to replace my boys. That isn't up for debate anymore. A good chunk of our index units are already going into Legends. If the soul of my army gets shifted to Primaris characters and Primaris support, i might as well pack up now and give the last bit of this edition a skip. All I need are rules and time. I'm perfectly fine with getting zero new releases for my army ever again as long as rules support remains strong. Release all the Primaris you want, just let me keep playing the damn game. If GW could convince me that my entire army wasn't going to become Legend status in the next 5 years I'd start buying old marines again, even knowing I'd never get a single new unit.

This.

it could be argued that if you like primaris, then you got a slew of new models in the past couple of years, whereas some who would dislike them got absolutely nothing.

Also this. I'm not saying BT don't deserve model support. I'm asking politely that we get strong rules for normal marines, and that the special characters that aren't named, like EC, get left alone for one more edition so I can get a final run of my marines before putting them out to pasture. Primaris are going to replace my boys. That isn't up for debate anymore. A good chunk of our index units are already going into Legends. If the soul of my army gets shifted to Primaris characters and Primaris support, i might as well pack up now and give the last bit of this edition a skip. All I need are rules and time. I'm perfectly fine with getting zero new releases for my army ever again as long as rules support remains strong. Release all the Primaris you want, just let me keep playing the damn game. If GW could convince me that my entire army wasn't going to become Legend status in the next 5 years I'd start buying old marines again, even knowing I'd never get a single new unit.
This.

I am actually pretty content with primaris and old marines existing side by side. Its Fine for me. I like some of the primaris models, some I dont.

What mostly annoys me is the piss and vinegar in amicus aedes/news and rumours because it makes all of us look like crybabies. But I have been told to shut up about that before...

I am looking forward to blood and glory next weekend. I just wanna now what happens to US. The Rest ist spekulative anyways.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

One edition can make it or break it. Check what happened when BT support was cut in 5th edition.

Being left in the dust right at the beginning of the new primaris race, its not good.

Unfortunately the range has shifted to primaris and us too must shif with it.

We already had plenty of editions with OGmarines, now we need to be in the new edition, shoulder to shoulder with the other CSM chapters.

This isn't doom and gloom, its keeping up with he times.

Im not ok with not getting new models, it sets a terrible precedent.

While people that already are in 40k can be ok just with the rules, and have OGmarines collections, what will bring new people to the chapter to make new primaris collections is new models.

Unfortunately for us, I don't think our say actually affects much of what might happen.

Despite the GW rebrand, they will do what is profitable, and fingers crossed that BT are profitable enough for them to bet on us.

Edited by Sete

One edition can make it or break it. Check what happened when BT support was cut in 5th edition.

Being left in the dust right at the beginning of the new primaris race, its not good.

Unfortunately the range has shifted to primaris and us too must shif with it.

We already had plenty of editions with OGmarines, now we need to be in the new edition, shoulder to shoulder with the other CSM chapters.

This isn't doom and gloom, its keeping up with he times.

Im not ok with not getting new models, it sets a terrible precedent.

While people that already are in 40k can be ok just with the rules, and have OGmarines collections, what will bring new people to the chapter to make new primaris collections is new models.

Unfortunately for us, I don't think our say actually affects much of what might happen.

Despite the GW rebrand, they will do what is profitable, and fingers crossed that BT are profitable enough for them to bet on us.

Most chapters have exactly ONE primaris model, and some have none. It's hardly "left in the dust" for us not to have one. Even Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Wolves, the most "different" chapters have only small upgrade packs, which are strictly worse than what was made for them before (6/7th edition DA pack had winged helmet, torso, shoulder pads, sword and a pistol, while new has simple helmet with a small sword on it, power sword, some minor bitz and shoulder pads), and maybe a Lt character model with no special rules, which could be converted/kitbashed anyway.

So far none of the chapters have anything to make primaris models distinct, and that's understandable, 'cause even basic primaris line is still not complete. And most primarised characters are worse rule-wise than even generic HQs.

Edited by Deadman Wade

I agree with what some have said earlier. The constant whining is a huge turn-off. Just a year ago this forum was so active and positive. I came here for the endless crusade threads that were being updated every day. "Rare and cool Templar Art" "You know you're a black templar when..." "What has your emperor's champion slain?" etc.

Where are those fun threads? Why is almost no one (Including me) updating their crusades?  Well, we are, we're just not posting about it here because it gets drowned out with whining about rumors. There are tons of talented and creative regulars that I haven't seen around here in months. Where did they go? (I'm serious does anyone know their IG handles so I can get my hobby fix? haha)

I say this every time one of these threads pops up. Besides ultramarines, we have the most pages of fluff, the most characters, we have the only special troop choice, and we even have our own elite unit. We WILL get primaris melee support some day. We know this because GW WILL eventually replace all the "first-born" marines some day. 

If we don't get any new plastic this Christmas, then so be it! Let's get back to crusading! Or at least stop flooding this forum with whinging and whining and let's get back to kitbashing and painting and writing lore! 

Get off your computer and go roll some dice! You'll feel better, I promise.

(This isn't directed at anyone in particular.)

Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+

@Wade Remember whan BT got rolled, some people were unhappy, others were happy because BT would get updates more frequently? How did that go?

I have a feeling we are at the same threshold now, all CSM chapter got a nice supplement, a new Primaris miniature, and once again it looks like we are a step behind.

You guys call everything you don't agree with whining, that's exasperating.

Well your whining of not wanting updates on a new edition is the fact that maybe some of us don't bother updating anything around here, because wanting to move forward with new range is looked down upon.

This is a rumour thread, I created this with that intention, but everyone that wants an update to the range, and is disappointed by the fact we might not get one, is a whiner apparently.

Im getting real tired of that word. And please lets get back to rumours or ill ask the mods to lock this up.

This is not the thread to complain about lack of support or not, I just want a place to discuss what we might or not get okay lads? either we agree with it or not.

Its ok not to like things, and its okay to be disappointed.

So lets move on :)

@Wade Remember whan BT got rolled, some people were unhappy, others were happy because BT would get updates more frequently? How did that go?

I have a feeling we are at the same threshold now, all CSM chapter got a nice supplement, a new Primaris miniature, and once again it looks like we are a step behind.

Well your whining of not wanting updates on a new edition is the fact that maybe some of us don't bother updating anything around here, because wanting to move forward with new range is looked down upon.

This is a rumour thread, I created this with that intention, but everyone that wants an update to the range, and is disappointed by the fact we might not get one, is a whiner apparently.

Im getting real tired of that word. And please lets get back to rumours or ill ask the mods to lock this up.

This is not the thread to complain about lack of support or not, I just want a place to discuss what we might or not get okay lads? either we agree with it or not.

So lets move on :smile.:

Agree. Rumor discussion isnt whining. I didn't mean to imply that. I come here for the rumors as well and I like to see what's coming out ahead of time and I hope that continues. Sorry if that's how I came across.

Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+

So lets move on :smile.:

It could have been better, it could have been worse. All we got from rolling into C:SM is that we now have the same pros and cons as vanilla chapters instead of having our own. We get updates more often though, that's the only advantage of not having our own codex.

Crimson Fists have no new model, BTW. Primaris upgrade sprues are lackluster and do nothing to make models distinct. We'll get our rules updated, which will bring us on par with the rest C:SM.

I know that it won't make you feel any better, but other factions still have to use models that are like 20 years old. Berzerkers, anyone? We are supported better than 2/3 of other armies.

I also apologize because I know Im a bit stubborn (and a pain for you guys) sometimes. We all have different expectations of things :smile.: And we are all on the same boat here.

Despite whatever model support we get, I actually like the rumoured rules we have seen, and I hope the fluff is decent aswell.

Particularly excited about the new Litanies set. That bit shows that GW is paying attention. 

Edit: I know there are so much to be updated yet, and despite my initial frustration, I know we will get updated sometime :wink:

Double edit: at least CF can use IF sprue. I would absolutely love one for us, because buying BT DW veteran pads is making me broke lol

Edited by Sete

Small rumour update:

There is a list of november/december releases circularing on the web.

Start collecting Primaris SM and Chaos SM coming december maybe thats why there are no box set for PA2.

No models, cards, dice shown.

Its a rumour apply salt.

Edited by Sete