Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening News and Rumors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,199 posts
  • Faction: Slaanesh Daemons

Since the other thread for Gathering Storm was closed I felt we needed a proper thread to discuss news and rumors for the next book.

First up is the announcement from WHC:

Psychic Awakening: A New Revelation?

PsyAwk-Sep09-PAHeader-zlw2.jpg

The Phoenix has fallen and risen once more,* but the Psychic Awakening waits for no-one! Already rumours abound of another series of psychic phenomena. We suggest you watch this video to see what you can discern from the words ‘Faith and Fury’ that have been bandied about by half-mad Astropaths…

Are your psychic senses tingling? If not, you may want to head over to the Psychic Awakening page to check if there are any new updates. But before you go, we’ve got more for you – specifically, we’ve got a new piece of Psychic Awakening fiction, courtesy of Melissa Roddis. Enjoy!

* Confused? Pick up your copy of Blood of the Phoenix and Phoenix Risingto read all about the seismic events that took place!

So we know Sisters, Templars and a host of Chaos Legions are tied into the event, but what about rumors?

Nicked off Dakka (Source: "From our new favorite overlord french rumor monger (Kikasstou)"):

About Psychic Awakening Vol. 3 (BA vs Tyranids) :

_ Mephiston will get a new model. He is now a primaris.

About Psychic Awakening Vol. 2 :

_ Main focus is BT vs Chaos (CSM). SoB will be in it, but they are not the main focus of the book. Same goes for Imperial Guard.

_ Librarians, Chaplains and Techmarines "level 2" are making a comeback. Librarians and Chaplains know one more spell / litany and can cast one more spell / litany. Techmarines lvl 2 can repair a flat 3 damages instead of D3. 

_ Access to those lvl 2 characters will work in the same manner as getting a Chapter Master or Ork Warphead. The stratagems to "upgrade" the characters will cost 1 CP.

_ All SM will have access to those lvl 2 characters (he doesn't know if SW, DA and BA will have access to Chaplains lvl 2 because they don't even know Litanies right now). He thinks it is only for SM and CSM will not have access to something similar but he's not sure.

_ BT cannot use IF stratagems / warlord traits / etc. PA2 will pretty much be its own supplement for BT : super-doctrine, warlord traits, relics, stratagems and their very own Litanies. He doesn't know if there will be any new model for BT (it was confirmed to him that there will be NO Primaris version or new model for Hellbrecht, Grimaldus and the Emperor's Champion).

_ Don't expect a lot of new models in general. There might be a new Chaos Sorcerer though.

So we shouldn't be expecting much for the loyalists (likely because Sisters will be coming out along side this book), but there is a chance of a Chaos Sorceror.

Rumors for book 3 being out make me think all the books may be done already and are being released in waves.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Theduke08

Theduke08

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 571 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Space Wolves

BA vs Tyranids makes little sense... Didn't that get wrapped up pretty well at the end of Devastation of Baal?

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,993 posts

BA vs Tyranids makes little sense... Didn't that get wrapped up pretty well at the end of Devastation of Baal?

Considering Psychic Awakening is covering different conflicts that happened during the Indomitus Crusade, Volume 3 might actually be the Devastation of Baal.

• Juggernut and Skerr like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts
Seems like Sisters will be overshadowing this book in general. Valraks last vid said no Black Templar (specific) models with this book.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,199 posts

Seems like Sisters will be overshadowing this book in general. Valraks last vid said no Black Templar (specific) models with this book.

They might get some "build your own order" traits if the codex doesn't have anything, but generally it doesn't feel like they're going to be a key player in the whole thing.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,142 posts

They might get some "build your own order" traits if the codex doesn't have anything, but generally it doesn't feel like they're going to be a key player in the whole thing.

There's been 1 book in 20 years where they WERE a key player so that's not a huge surprise.

RandomMarine

RandomMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,277 posts
  • Faction: Iron Ravens

Considering Psychic Awakening is covering different conflicts that happened during the Indomitus Crusade, Volume 3 might actually be the Devastation of Baal.

Wouldn't that limit the available factions to BA,Nids and Khorne demons

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,199 posts

Wouldn't that limit the available factions to BA,Nids and Khorne demons

Maybe toss in GSC and chaos cultist if they decide to release traitor guard.

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 464 posts
I really wish they had included levels for apothecaries to. I dont use them atm as they are too swingy. A guaranteed 3 wounds would be good.
  • MegaVolt87 likes this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts

SoB overshadowing this release is something I've been warning against for a while. Would hate to be right, but it seems I might've been. Still expecting an upgrade sprue
  • Mmmmm Napalm and Dark Shepherd like this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,199 posts

More nicked off Dakka:

kikass wrote:

Strat on a 2+ can't disengage from BT unit. 
You have things like for 1CP, the turn where you land a land raider crusader you do not suffer overwatch in charge and the opponent has -1 to touch you to the cqc. Or you have a relic that gives an invaded 4+ to 3 "around the wearer for 1 round.A warlord trait that gives a bubble + 1Advance and + 1charge (so load has 8+ reroll for BT in FeP) .. yes there are some tips to reach the CqC For the characters do not bother you either, it is especially warlord traits that change, but once they are at the CqC, the target is unlikely to 'get out.

Sorry I did not read much about CSM. I just know that the legions concerned will get 1 warlord / strat / relic trait pages each. But I have no more details. All I know is that they will not have a doctrine like SM or retouching their legion (which will not apply to vehicles like DMs ).

Edited by Fulkes, 22 October 2019 - 07:50 PM.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,120 posts

Still expecting an upgrade sprue

Its not expecting much at the moment is it?

Lets see how it goes...

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,954 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I know one rumor from the same source said there would be a Primaris Ragnar? in a box set with orks....other than mephiston has there been any box set rumors for book 3? If so just find it so so odd book 2 would be the only one truly lacking.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,651 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Chaos Knights are not Chaos Space Marines. I don't play soup, and I don't care if soup wins tournaments. I just want to be able to run my CSM effectively without relying on allies or hordes of FW dreadnoughts.

• Gumo9, Iron Father Ferrum, Angel of Solitude and 3 others like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,756 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
The expectation is that members will exercise self discipline in observing the forum rules and remaining constructive.

I've removed some posts where that didn't happen. That includes some posts that were okay in and of themselves, but which quoted some members that failed to exercise due self discipline.

From here on out in this topic, failure to exercise self discipline will result in the moderati imposing discipline, and they have been given permission to be as heavy-handed as is necessary.

So let's all do everyone a favor and remain constructive.

=][=

A bunch of posts appeared right before and after this was posted. Too many of you are treating the B&C like Twitter, firing off half-conceived messages at a rapid rate; too often responding emotionally, or with intent to bait. The occasional lighthearted joke is okay, but we're here to help each other, not poke each other in the eye.

I'm closing this topic temporarily so that everyone has/takes the time to read this guidance. I'll re-open it later.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 22 October 2019 - 08:39 PM.

• Felix Antipodes, Dolchiate Remembrancer, Iron Father Ferrum and 6 others like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,756 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Okay, let's give this another go. Please remain constructive, respectful (even when you disagree), and on topic.
  • Dolchiate Remembrancer, Custodian Athiair, Fulkes and 1 other like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,162 posts

sounds like leaks and rumors from the french site will dry up, as they are getting to much attention if I read it correctly. A shame, but I understand why.

• Dark Shepherd and SufficientAnonymity like this
banana

Omega-soul

Omega-soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 285 posts

sounds like leaks and rumors from the french site will dry up, as they are getting to much attention if I read it correctly. A shame, but I understand why.

In loving memory of Haechi 2017-2018.

Although I would argue with some warhammer-forum sources - GW clearly stated about rules update for every faction in Psychic awakenig - so they won't stop on Part 4 in January.

Edited by Omega-soul, 23 October 2019 - 02:07 AM.

Nazgob

Nazgob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts
  • Faction: Orks
If the new legion mini-supplements are on par with what BL got in Vigilus Ablaze we'll be looking at some pretty good options. The idea that they won't be expanding legion traits to vehicles really is crummy, though. I can't imagine why they'd take away parity for the shared units - isn't that kind of the point? For the legions to be "dark mirrors" of the loyalists?

I understand that different options mean that certain units can be better supported, but come on now. When I take a tank as an Iron Warrior I'm literally just paying the same points as the imperial fists (or more in some cases!) for ojectively worse units. And furthermore, I hate this idea that because one unit is really good the rest should be trash. Spamming one powerful unit is never fun, and I feel like I'm being penalized for wanting to run daemon engines, for example. The Lord discordant buffs them - great! But they're a hugely powerful fighter and therefore a fire magnet, so you absolutely MUST throw him forward on a suicidal charge if you want him to make his points back, and if you're doing that you probably want to bring several since they will melt under AT fire. I'm still disappointed we didn't get an on-foot version of him.

I've tangented pretty far here but my point is that the updates we've gotten so far haven't really helped people who want to actually play Chaos Space Marines as, well, Marines. The faction seems to have devolved into cultist and character spam. The idea of not spreading the legion traits to other units like SM is concerning, and I hope it merely indicates that that change will be made in CA19.
  • Black Blow Fly, Drudge Dreadnought, Juggernut and 5 others like this

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 886 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Since this is about armies that I do not play, I am mostly interested in the story that will be told.

I automatically love every window to the 40k universe that GW offers me, but even I cannot escape the fact that their storytelling quality leaves a lot to be desired. Take the Vigilius story for example: though its description of the world and its society was good, and its story over the various battles was decent (though I would prefer if GW would focus on something else than the wide scope of the great battles as it always does; like describing the events around a single insignificant trooper as it fights in a large battle), when it comes to character driven narrative it is bland and uninteresting. The showdown between the two main characters was not satisfying and ended anticlimactically. The main antagonist felt like a 1-dimensional, pompous, outdated mustache twirling villain. And worst of all, it ended with a cliffhanger that did not get a follow-up or conclusion.

I sincerely hope that this will be better. 

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts

I know one rumor from the same source said there would be a Primaris Ragnar? in a box set with orks....other than mephiston has there been any box set rumors for book 3? If so just find it so so odd book 2 would be the only one truly lacking.

Perhaps the rough timeline is
Book 1 + Eldar Box
Book 2 + Chaos Sorceror (maybe Primaris something too) + Sisters Box
Book 3 (c. End Dec) + Mephiston + Nids something + Christmas Boxes (rumoured to include BA and Nids)
Book 4 + Ragnar + Ghazghull + Boxset?

Book 5/Spring onwards on they can boxset/release away

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 493 posts

Perhaps the rough timeline is
Book 1 + Eldar Box
Book 2 + Chaos Sorceror (maybe Primaris something too) + Sisters Box
Book 3 (c. End Dec) + Mephiston + Nids something + Christmas Boxes (rumoured to include BA and Nids)
Book 4 + Ragnar + Ghazghull + Boxset?

Book 5/Spring onwards on they can boxset/release away

I wouldn't expect Ghaz. I think when he gets relaunched, it's going to be the Guilliman/Abaddon treatment, not the Eldrad treatment, lol.

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts

Sorry to jump on board but do we know when the next big event or open day is? Just wondering when we are likely to hear official information is all.

I'm hoping for a primaris emperors champion particular if they also include rules for a primaris company/chapter champion. A proper beatstick primaris character!

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 493 posts

Sorry to jump on board but do we know when the next big event or open day is? Just wondering when we are likely to hear official information is all.

I'm hoping for a primaris emperors champion particular if they also include rules for a primaris company/chapter champion. A proper beatstick primaris character!

I'm not sure, but current rumours aren't pointing to the Emperor's Champion coming with this particular set, or its conflicting anyway. I'd say its a "flip a coin" on if it'll come or not.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,993 posts

Tomorrow. :P

Then another Studio Preview next week.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)