Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos rumors in Psychic Awakening 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
342 replies to this topic

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,598 posts
Creating a new topic since the Chaos posts were purged from the BT thread.
  • Prot and Juggernut like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,179 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Are CSM gonna get the equivalent of combat doctrines ?
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,805 posts
  • Faction: Chaos, Dark Eldar

What rumors do we even have? New Sorc and what else exactly?

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Nothing points towards this. Most that has been hinted at is a new sorcerer and nothing else but so far it's only rumours. We'll just have to wait and see...

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,179 posts
That new trailer showed quite a few legions.
my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors
Been waiting on this new sorcerer model forever, but as a Thousand Sons player my expectations are as low as possible.

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

The French rumor guy explicitly said no. Only new WT, relics and stratagems (with the mention of new sorcerer).

Edited by RedFox, 22 October 2019 - 06:26 PM.

• N1SB likes this

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 615 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

The French rumor guy explicitly said no. Only new WT, relics and stratagems (with the mention of new sorcerer).

And even then, only for some CSM legions.
No rework of tactics, no tactics on vehicul.
  • N1SB likes this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Great...

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,805 posts

Well then I guess we just gotta hope that CSM will get traits/other fixes in Chapter Approved, or an errata or something. Otherwise they're going to be a repeat of what happens to them so often in the past: they are the last release before a major rules update and don't get it for 2+ years.

• Juggernut, Llagos_Tyrant, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

From everything we've heard PA2 will not have I have basically zero expectations by now and still fear to get disappointed.

• Marshal Loss, Sarges and Aztek like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts
Well at least you will have a sorc and the shadowspear releases lol

PA2 is not amounting to much is it?

Edited by Sete, 22 October 2019 - 08:11 PM.

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,805 posts

I guess we can keep doing HQ spam + daemons :/

I just want to play a decent legion list based on CSM, guys. I started in this hobby a few months after the 3.5 codex became defunct. I've been waiting for over 10 years. And now we finally have some amazing new CSM, but no. Rules are just gonna get left behind.

• Lanparth, Aarik, Wayniac and 2 others like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,741 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

PA2 is not amounting to much is it?

It feels like recycled content though, considering it was apart of Vigilus release. I was hoping for a new termi lord based off that art with the demon hammer lord instead. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,025 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Realistically there's 0 chance this makes up the disparity between us and loyalist SM. I'm just crossing my fingers that my WB get something cool to play around with. At least we have awesome models.

• DuskRaider, Drudge Dreadnought, Juggernut and 6 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,179 posts
Chaos got Disco Lords Rawking Flawless Host and plus smoking Chaos Knights and the Wardogs are actually quite good. That’s all good plus prayers and the goat sorcerer. Honestly CSM don’t deserve combat tactics but like one veteran skill maybe.
my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Realistically there's 0 chance this makes up the disparity between us and loyalist SM.

Yup, this is my thought / concern as well. The worst part is knowing how far in advance they plan these things. Vigilus came out earlier this year with updated rules and then the new SM ones drop which make CSM pale in comparison. This was planned.
  • Drudge Dreadnought, Marshal Loss, Lanparth and 2 others like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,805 posts

Chaos got Disco Lords Rawking Flawless Host and plus smoking Chaos Knights and the Wardogs are actually quite good. That’s all good plus prayers and the goat sorcerer. Honestly CSM don’t deserve combat tactics but like one veteran skill maybe.

Chaos ought to have Marks/Gifts of some sort to keep them about equivalent to at least Old Marines. They shouldn't have doctrines though.

• Guzzlrr, Lanparth and Llagos_Tyrant like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

So because Chaos got some few new units and Knights which loyalists already had access to they don't deserve the additional layer of awesome rules for their already existing units like loyalist got all the while loyalists got new units in form of Primaris as well? What kind of logic is that? Go home, Black Blow Fly. You are drunk.

• Shadow Captain Vyper, DuskRaider, Guzzlrr and 9 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,025 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Not to mention that Chaos Knights are not Chaos Space Marines and should not be included in a discussion about whether the CSM book is or is not good.

It might be worth digging out the 7th ed Traitor Legions supplement and taking a look at the relics the WB, NL, IW, EC, AL, and WE received, as I note that GW regularly brings back relics from past publications with a new 8th edition style spin. Some (but not all) of the BL relics from Vigilus II featured in their various 6th & 7th ed supplements.

• DuskRaider, Guzzlrr, Lanparth and 3 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,741 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Chaos ought to have Marks/Gifts of some sort to keep them about equivalent to at least Old Marines. They shouldn't have doctrines though.

Even if the existing icon rules were marks instead of a removable benifit would be an improvement at this point.
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
They should expand the marks and veteran skills ....if Aeldari aspects get a choice of 7 exarch skills why don’t chaos sgts get the option of buying a unit skill?

Have a couple which are mark dependent, a couple which are legion dependant, a couple which are demon only (so possessed can take them as well)

Give legion taits to vehicles

3-4 pages total....Job done
  • DuskRaider and Llagos_Tyrant like this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Not to mention that Chaos Knights are not Chaos Space Marines and should not be included in a discussion about whether the CSM book is or is not good.

It might be worth digging out the 7th ed Traitor Legions supplement and taking a look at the relics the WB, NL, IW, EC, AL, and WE received, as I note that GW regularly brings back relics from past publications with a new 8th edition style spin. Some (but not all) of the BL relics from Vigilus II featured in their various 6th & 7th ed supplements.

If I remember correctly the EC stuff was weird. The basic buff Noise Marines got was great but the real big buff required something like 6 units ... which was already expensive but not to be compared with the 8 Plague Marine units DG needed lol

Edited by sfPanzer, 22 October 2019 - 08:54 PM.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
All the god specific units got a banner and/or (can’t remember which) sgt for free if they where in the sacred number

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,179 posts
I agree CSM should have access to some veteran skills that are good but not combat tactics.

SM you has to play mono faction for the combat tactics - do you want that for CSM as well? I think CSM with Daemons are fluffy.
my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users