Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos rumors in Psychic Awakening 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
342 replies to this topic

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

I’m liking the WT to turn a character into a possessed
Pretty awesome

I haven’t been paying much attention to this but are the seperate Chaos Legion armies like DG meant to be getting any new rules or stuff this psychic awakening

Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Black Legion and Chaos Knights were also listed when Psychic Awakening was first announced so I'd say so, but probably not until book 3 or 4.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Volume 3 seems weird for Chaos Marines, being on Baal with Angels and Nids as the main armies, but we might see Daemons there. Volume 4 is supposedly Wolves Vs. Orks, but the location was right on Prospero/Sortiarius, so the Thousand sons have a solid chance of appearing. The rest are absolutely getting rules later because they said everyone would get rules, we just don't know when or in which context.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
That or they'll hand us rules without the factions being involved in the fight. In surprised, they could have added Chaos Knights now but declined. IF Death Guard are directly involved with the plot, they may show up as an enemy for Thousand Sons and seeing some actual Chaos v. Chaos in the rules and lore would be really cool. Black Legion can be literally anywhere.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,010 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

For those who care (me), Kor Phaeron does feature in Faith & Fury's narrative, he's not just directing the fleet from afar. The big man finally has his debut in 40k.

• Iron-Daemon Forge, Guzzlrr, PJ1933 and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,884 posts
Got any fluff spoilers?

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

For those who care (me), Kor Phaeron does feature in Faith & Fury's narrative, he's not just directing the fleet from afar. The big man finally has his debut in 40k.

Well how about that.

Now we just need Erebus to reappear too, and with Lorgar being active as per the CSM Codex, the Three Amigos will be on the loose again and GW can release a new triumvirate. :D

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,010 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Got any fluff spoilers?

Don't have any major spoilers beyond some usual tropes that you'd expect as I haven't seen the ending yet (Chaos do evil stuff to summon a lot of Daemons, Loyalists do holy stuff to dismiss a larger number of them, etc).

What is notable though is that the scale of the conflict isn't anywhere near as large as GW usually tend to write - the Black Templars for example only have a Gladius Strike Force present, so we're not looking at 10,000 Space Marines vs. 15,000 Chaos Space Marines or anything ridiculous like that - which I really, really like. The bits I've seen are actually pretty good. I won't say the magical "GW have written a campaign book with a decent story" just yet, but it's already looking streets ahead of the last few I've read.

• Bryan Blaire and Sete like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,884 posts
I supose the BT 3 amigos (lol) arent present there?

This feels like a rules update just to bring BT into line.
Gonna wait until Hel and Grim get back to the narrative.

Good to know that Kor Phaeron is present. WB could use a dude in 40k.

One last question, do BT have Primaris present on the Crusade?

Edited by Sete, 16 November 2019 - 10:22 PM.

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Does it say why so many Chaos Legions got suddenly together in one place?  Also any Alpha Legion info would be welcomed.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,197 posts

Well how about that.

Now we just need Erebus to reappear too, and with Lorgar being active as per the CSM Codex, the Three Amigos will be on the loose again and GW can release a new triumvirate. biggrin.png

I would love that on many different levels. 

I hope that Kor is the eventual figure we get for Word Bearers when the time comes. (total conjecture on my part but it follows same pattern as the loyalist releases) 

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules
For anyone interested, I did an in-depth review (on my Chaos-focused YouTube channel) of the new rules and what I think are the best new abilities and tricks for Chaos:

Edited by Lagrath, 17 November 2019 - 08:24 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, Marshal Loss and Archaeinox like this

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
Host raptorial night lords detachment, jump pack chaos lord with the spoopy murder sword relic or a thunder hammer, a block of Khornate raptors and warp talons.
On the drop, 3d6 charge strat for the warp talons +2 from HR for tagging all the things, nope someone's aura ability say feirros or that tau overwatch thingy, let's get cheeky and drop something into cover near the lord for +4 (+2/+2) to charge with the strat for charging from cover in addition.
Throw a daemon prince as the main warlord in a different detachment with the slaanesh daemon claws and d3 attacks trait, and this spoopy boy can get up to 14 attacks on the charge or bare minimum he gets the same as he did if he didn't have the shenanigans. Lob diabolic strength on him because you're that guy.

Yeah I'm definitely happy with this book, even if it makes CSM a little hungry for CP most folks can get out a battalion and another little detachment
  • Charlo, Sonoftherubric21 and Aztek like this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,110 posts
So this book and a lack of Doctrines/ updated tactics for Chaos makes me realise one thing:

Chaos are the Galaxy Brain faction.

No, really.

You don't have any restrictions to stick to single legions across the army, so you're supposed to bring a rag tag warband of utter bastards to utilize all their dirty tricks at once. Just like Abaddon, you are the Warmaster, moving all your little pawns in place to achieve your objectives, except sometimes Abaddon is also *your* pawn ;)

So go out there, get your Nightlords raptors trapping big guns while yours are IW havoc's that cannot be seen through a teeming mass of bodies. Then your opponents Knight Blows up and murders his screen because YOU. ARE. ALPHARIUS.

Edited by Charlo, 17 November 2019 - 12:28 PM.

• Prot and Knight Artorias like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Now we just need Erebus to reappear too, and with Lorgar being active as per the CSM Codex, the Three Amigos will be on the loose again and GW can release a new triumvirate. biggrin.png

If they did that I would sell everybodys first born to get my hands on a box :)

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Host raptorial night lords detachment, jump pack chaos lord with the spoopy murder sword relic or a thunder hammer, a block of Khornate raptors and warp talons.
On the drop, 3d6 charge strat for the warp talons +2 from HR for tagging all the things, nope someone's aura ability say feirros or that tau overwatch thingy, let's get cheeky and drop something into cover near the lord for +4 (+2/+2) to charge with the strat for charging from cover in addition.
Throw a daemon prince as the main warlord in a different detachment with the slaanesh daemon claws and d3 attacks trait, and this spoopy boy can get up to 14 attacks on the charge or bare minimum he gets the same as he did if he didn't have the shenanigans. Lob diabolic strength on him because you're that guy.

Yeah I'm definitely happy with this book, even if it makes CSM a little hungry for CP most folks can get out a battalion and another little detachment

Same feelings here! :D

I'm going with a Host Raptorial detachment with 2 units of Raptors and a unit of Warp Talons. 2 Chaos Lords with Jump Packs, and a Sorcerer with Jump Pack for Diabolic Strength and Death Hex. One with the Slaanesh Daemon Claws and Murderous Reputation for hopefully 11 attacks, MW on 6's, the other as cheap as possible but with the +2 inch charge bubble warlord trait and the Vox Daemonicus. Oh yeah and 9 Atramentar with Chain-fists cause I love them. Idea is Warp Talons go in first with a 7 inch 3d6(strat) charge to absorb the Overwatch, then the rest, but making sure to get Vox Daemonicus captain close to a character aura if I can. Khorne Atramentar hopefully being put in a terrain piece so they use the strat for a 7 inch rerollable charge Then the rest just blender whatever they come into contact with, and of course We Have Come For You when they try to fall back and shoot this big melee blob.

All while Vox Sceaming at whoever the most important character is(If Vox Daemonicus guy can't reach on the charge). I can literally screech at my opponent's Guilliman to make him stop. I am also happy with this book as a mono-Night Lord player :D

• Gederas and helterskelter like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,734 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

When you see possibilities for legion soups again. HS.gif

https://www.youtube....h?v=lBdnti4_UUg

Edited by MegaVolt87, 17 November 2019 - 11:40 PM.

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,621 posts

somebody who knows anything about the lore in PA2 so far?

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

The story will continue down in the Chaos subforum:

http://www.bolterand...chaos-factions/

• DuskRaider likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users