Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos rumors in Psychic Awakening 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
342 replies to this topic

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Lots of dreaming and wishlisting in here.

They won't expand the rules too much, especially not when we already had a codex release not that long ago. They wouldn't bother printing a codex ver. 2.0 and then have it invalidated within weeks. Heck, even the Legion supplement lasted for at least six months.

I definitely wouldn't count on veteran skills, marks or something like that.

• Juggernut and Lanparth like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
I think of you want new legion traits you're going to have to wait for a new codex like space marines got. Chapter approved might give csm something.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,025 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

They wouldn't bother printing a codex ver. 2.0 and then have it invalidated within weeks. Heck, even the Legion supplement lasted for at least six months.

Weeks? The latest version of the CSM codex has already been out for nearly 7 months...

• Guzzlrr, Nemesor Tyriks, Sonoftherubric21 and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts

They wouldn't bother printing a codex ver. 2.0 and then have it invalidated within weeks. Heck, even the Legion supplement lasted for at least six months.

Weeks? The latest version of the CSM codex has already been out for nearly 7 months...

That long? Wasen't vigilus like just a few months ago?

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,025 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

March.

edit: codex itself was released March 30th, to be precise

Edited by Marshal Loss, 22 October 2019 - 10:33 PM.

• Sonoftherubric21 likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,197 posts

Its safe to say Marine codex 2.0 is the starting point of 8.5 from a rules design perspective. 

I am sure we will see plenty of updates in the coming year. Unfortunately, that does not help the sad state of the current CSM dex. 

• Lanparth likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

SM you has to play mono faction for the combat tactics - do you want that for CSM as well? I think CSM with Daemons are fluffy.

Yes I do.

Also CSM have a mechanic to bring in Daemons even in a mono list. It's called summoning.

• DuskRaider, Sarges and Aztek like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

I agree CSM should have access to some veteran skills that are good but not combat tactics.

SM you has to play mono faction for the combat tactics - do you want that for CSM as well? I think CSM with Daemons are fluffy.

Well I mean... it doesn't really matter what you think is cool, especially as a non-Chaos player.

So now that SM have to play mono-faction I'll assume there will be quite a few discarded IG in clumps of 32.

I don't think CSM should get the same rules as Loyalists. They should get something similar. There should be updates in general to bring them more in line with their Loyalist counterparts. They already play differently, it's just leveling the playing field.
  • Guzzlrr, Marshal Loss, Lanparth and 2 others like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 630 posts

I agree CSM should have access to some veteran skills that are good but not combat tactics.

Well I mean... it doesn't really matter what you think is cool, especially as a non-Chaos player.

So now that SM have to play mono-faction I'll assume there will be quite a few discarded IG in clumps of 32.

I don't think CSM should get the same rules as Loyalists. They should get something similar. There should be updates in general to bring them more in line with their Loyalist counterparts. They already play differently, it's just leveling the playing field.

And let's not even forget the absolute material difference the loyalists have over the traitors. Better weapons. Better rules. More wounds. That's even before we take chapter tactics into account. Chaos is basically Daemons, Monsters/Daemon Engines/ Dreadnoughts, CSM HQ's, maybe some Red Corsairs, and Knights at the moment. It's pitiful. I love Chaos Space Marines, like, the marine portion of it, but they are pretty useless. And it sucks. And it's probably not going to change for four or five years. GW will release units and rules that won't address core problems (threat range, wounds, ect), and then will only figure this out in 3 years. After that, 1-2 years later, they'll give us uninspired releases either with knock-off Primaris, or some kind of oddity monster that tries to conceal how useless the marines are.

But onto the subject at hand.

I don't know where the EC rumours are coming, but I only saw it to start with on Spikey Bits. I don't trust Spikey Bits, not because they're bad guys, but they're not my first source for rumours. Other rumour mongers have stated that there isn't really any sign of anything coming in the new BT boxset except characters. So I am curious where this scoop is coming from. If EC are coming, I'd expect them to get their own full book, like Thousand Sons and Deathguard got. And that also means launching with their Primarch. It'd be extremely odd in terms of how GW does releases, for EC to drop in a combined boxset and have no signs or hype for Fulgrim.

I expect it'll be a Sorcerer, and some Chaos Marines who are fodder for the Black Templars. I expect BT to get pretty full rules, and the Chaos Marines to get bolter shells. Not for them to fire, but for them to accept, from the Black Templar Primaris Marines who are going to curb stomp them.

Chaos Marines = The New Tyranid Gaunts / Ork Boyz.

• DuskRaider, Guzzlrr, Marshal Loss and 2 others like this

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

Are CSM gonna get the equivalent of combat doctrines ?

The French rumor guy explicitly said no. Only new WT, relics and stratagems (with the mention of new sorcerer).
And even then, only for some CSM legions.
No rework of tactics, no tactics on vehicul.

Yet another punch to the gut of Chaos players. 8th keeps doing what happened in earlier editions, where GW would refuse to fix or update fundamentally flawed codexes and just keep churning out spin-offs and supplements. Amazing how much things stay the same even as things change.
  • Marshal Loss, Lanparth and MegaVolt87 like this

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,197 posts

The only "gut punch" is the fact that we aren't getting "custom warbands" rules. We need this for sure and I expect we will get it..... *Eventually* being the kicker. 

• Borgias likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Custom Warbads would be awesome. I have a bunch of chaos models that need painting up, I was going to do Black Legion but I might do a custom force instead...

-~Ishagu~-

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,978 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

The only "gut punch" is the fact that we aren't getting "custom warbands" rules. We need this for sure and I expect we will get it..... *Eventually* being the kicker.

That's a disappointment but not a gut punch - we do have quite a few rules variants now (considering the different warbands in Vigilus) so while not as fun as true customisation it's not the worst.

What I'm even more disappointed by is them not giving us full Emperor's Children and World Eaters warbands, at least not yet.

Still, I'm hoping for some nice IW stuff. I'm not expecting much, but hopefully it will become interesting to field IW as IW rather than DG.
  • Sonoftherubric21 and Borgias like this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts

Custom Warbads would be awesome. I have a bunch of chaos models that need painting up, I was going to do Black Legion but I might do a custom force instead...

You can always paint them up anyway you know. 

March.

edit: codex itself was released March 30th, to be precise

In that case my memory was off by...like half a year... 

Can't really compare rules the loyalist get to the ones we get like that. They have always have a more "flexible" set of rules than us, at least for the last decade or so...

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
Y’all be moanin’

But remember that the other armies in this book are Sisters and Black Templars, and after Squats those are probably two of the armies that have received the worst treatment for the past decade. Even if this release doesn’t solve your Chaos problems, remember that it might still help others!
  • Black Blow Fly, Juggernut, Sete and 2 others like this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
I'm going to say this as best I can and it'll probably come out wrong but whatever... I don't really care about others' armies or their issues. I care about the armies I play and have invested in. *shrug*
  • Reinhard likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts
Like i do. ;)
So i understand where you are coming from and no issue taken from my part.

Edited by Sete, 23 October 2019 - 10:37 AM.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts

Y’all be moanin’

But remember that the other armies in this book are Sisters and Black Templars, and after Squats those are probably two of the armies that have received the worst treatment for the past decade. Even if this release doesn’t solve your Chaos problems, remember that it might still help others!

Apart from sisters getting a brand new range refresh and BT can use the new SM codex, yeah they've been neglected. And as soon as PA2 gets rolling the oldest models out there will be the aspect eldar aspect warriors I think. And now that they have updated one of the shrines they are most likely going to follow it with the others because why not. Though Jes Goodwin did some enduring designs, gotta hand it to him. 

Though nobody has even mentioned them in here, and nobody is denying that they need attention. This is the thread for chaos rumours, so it would be offtopic... 

• Juggernut, Doctor Perils, Nemesor Tyriks and 2 others like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts
Think it in a Valrak vid but isnt there a rumour of there being traitor guard rules in this?

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,950 posts

Are CSM gonna get the equivalent of combat doctrines ?

Don't see why they would start following the codex.

Maybe more like the custom legion rules.

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pngXX\

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Its safe to say Marine codex 2.0 is the starting point of 8.5 from a rules design perspective.

I am sure we will see plenty of updates in the coming year. Unfortunately, that does not help the sad state of the current CSM dex.

I disagree complete. I think this is simply the first proper 8th edition Astartes codex. GW have been open about all the other Marines books - they were done at the same time during 7th edition.

-~Ishagu~-

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts

Think it in a Valrak vid but isnt there a rumour of there being traitor guard rules in this?

No icon for them in the GW vid though...

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,115 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Lost and the Damned from 3rd need to make a serious freaking return...such a lost opportunity

Krash

• Calgar 2.0, Lord Marshal and MegaVolt87 like this

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts

No icon for them in the GW vid though...

Do they have an icon? (Apologies if thats a dumb question)

OrkPlayer137

OrkPlayer137

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts

I don't know where the EC rumours are coming, but I only saw it to start with on Spikey Bits. I don't trust Spikey Bits, not because they're bad guys, but they're not my first source for rumours. Other rumour mongers have stated that there isn't really any sign of anything coming in the new BT boxset except characters. So I am curious where this scoop is coming from. If EC are coming, I'd expect them to get their own full book, like Thousand Sons and Deathguard got. And that also means launching with their Primarch. It'd be extremely odd in terms of how GW does releases, for EC to drop in a combined boxset and have no signs or hype for Fulgrim.

Note sure how much significance there is to it, but the most recent Psychic Awakening fiction on Warhammer Community featured Emperor's Children and Eldar Corsairs, alongside a mystery Dark Eldar appearance (seemingly they were involved with the Emperor's Children in some way).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users