Rule of three and predators question

MegaVolt87

I'm in agreement with Thrall_Love, besides, long as the data sheets are different it should be fine.  And honestly, the FW Hellforged Predators are actually very different from the typical Chaos Predators. Just might want to think about how to differentiate them if you're going with the same Mars pattern chassis. 

I'm in agreement with Thrall_Love, besides, long as the data sheets are different it should be fine.  And honestly, the FW Hellforged Predators are actually very different from the typical Chaos Predators. Just might want to think about how to differentiate them if you're going with the same Mars pattern chassis. 

Fair enough, I was looking at a 4 predator build for 2k points. I was thinking 2 tri las from the mars pattern (CSM dex) and 2 autocannon for the helforged demios (FW index) for my IW's. Just confused as they are both predators technically. 

If this is for a tourney, you should check with the organizers as ultimately their opinion is the only one that matters.  And if it isn't for a tourney, the "Rule of 3" (or whatever number, based on point cost) doesn't normally apply.

On the last page of the 40K FAQ, a bunch of similar but differently names datasheets (daemon princes from various codexes, AM heavy weapons teams in various FW armies, and AM units in genestealer cultist armies) are indicated to be the same unit for the "rule of 3", so there is some precedent for treating differently named versions of essentially the same unit for this purpose that.

That said, if the 2 datasheets have significant differences, likely that precedent shouldn't apply.

If this is for a tourney, you should check with the organizers as ultimately their opinion is the only one that matters.  And if it isn't for a tourney, the "Rule of 3" (or whatever number, based on point cost) doesn't normally apply.

On the last page of the 40K FAQ, a bunch of similar but differently names datasheets (daemon princes from various codexes, AM heavy weapons teams in various FW armies, and AM units in genestealer cultist armies) are indicated to be the same unit for the "rule of 3", so there is some precedent for treating differently named versions of essentially the same unit for this purpose that.

That said, if the 2 datasheets have significant differences, likely that precedent shouldn't apply.

Yeah I misplaced my FW index, I'll have a good look for it and think about it after I find it and post about this later after I have a good read of it.