Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New chaos marines vs mark 3 scale

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

vilainlivesmatter

vilainlivesmatter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

I came upon some mark 3 armour space marines from the burning of prospero how off would the scale be if i kitbashed with the new chaos space marine?

thank you 

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,187 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Heads, shoulders, power packs, arms and guns from mk III would work fine with new CSM plastics. Would make them stand out well.
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,965 posts

I have mixed a Mark 3 and New CSM kit. They mix perfectly. 

Shouldn't be any real scale issues that are noticeable. Bodies are locked as the new kits always do but literally everything else is easy for customization. 

techsoldaten

techsoldaten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts

You can adjust for scale by adding a few mm thickness on the base. Seems like the key is getting the backpacks level, visually that says they are the same size.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,187 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

You can adjust for scale by adding a few mm thickness on the base. Seems like the key is getting the backpacks level, visually that says they are the same size.

I usually find its the shoulder pad orientation that has a fitting issue with the backpacks. I do shoulder pads before backpacks. The new CSM pads are chonk, I could guess that can cause issues with a mk III pack? 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

techsoldaten

techsoldaten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts

I usually find its the shoulder pad orientation that has a fitting issue with the backpacks. I do shoulder pads before backpacks. The new CSM pads are chonk, I could guess that can cause issues with a mk III pack? 

There's always a way to fit them.

I created some Noise Marines with the new Marine sculpts, using arms and backpacks from the 2nd edition models. If you don't remember, these backpacks have large protrusions that stick out over the arms, and the shoulder pads are very bulky. There was a slight fitting problem on the backpack and the arms due to the torsos - which are slightly wider and deeper. Pins and green stuff took care of it.

KJB

KJB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,649 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders - 2nd Company

The backpack only needs a tiny bit of work due to the peg on the Chaos Marines back being square and the hole on the pack round - Once on, looks good (to me anyway!)

My example below...

gallery_576_15918_30602.jpg

• MegaVolt87 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users