Emperors Children 3k tournament list

RoadRunna

I have entered into a local Traitors vs Loyalist fluffy tournament(?) where primarchs are not allowed.  Here is what I am planning to take so any suggestions are welcome as I have not played at this points level before.  I will be running the Maru Skara RoW which allows up to 3 Elites or FA to infiltrate on turn 2 3 or 4:

Praetor - Diglasers, Jump Pack, Paragon Blade, Sonic Shrieker & Iron Halo (to go with one of the Assault squads)

Champion -  Jump Pack, M/craft Paragon Blade, Artificer Armour, Refractor Field & Sonic Shrieker (to go with the Palatine Blade Squad)

5 Tartaros Terminators - Reaper Autocannon, Pwrfist, Chainfist, Phoenix Spear, 2 L/claws mounted in a dedicated LandRaider Phobos (to be outflanking with Maru Skara turn 2)

Contemptor Cortus Talon of 2 dreadies - one with P/fist & Chainfist - one with P/fist & Ass Cannon (to be outflanking with Maru Skara turn 2)

Assault Squad (10) - Sgt with PFist & Arti Armour.  1 pwraxe / 1 pwrsword

Assault Squad (10) - Sgt with Pwrsword & Arti Armour.  2 pwer axes

Tactical Squad (10)  - Sgt with Pwrsword & Arti Armour. 

Tactical Squad (10) - Sgt with PFist& Arti Armour. 

2 Landspeeder Javlins with Mult-melta upgrade / Cyclones

Primus Strike Fighter - Phospex Bomb / 4 Kraken missiles, Battle Servitor & Ground tracking (to be outflanking with Maru Skara turn 2)

Sicaran Venator no upgrades

Deredeo Dready - autocannons & Ailos Missile system, flamers

LOW - Knight Castigator

I'd consider the followings changes:

• Switch out the powerswords to power axes on the assault squads. Then they will be more versatile against heavy infantry too.
  • Equip the second contemptor with either double kheres or double DCCW. If you going to outflank/infiltrate them in, then I'd recommend them both having DCCW since they will close in on enemy units quickly. Put graviton guns or plasma blasters in their power fists/chainfists so they get some effective shooting on top of double closer combat arms.
  • Free up some points for rhinos on those two apparently footslogging tactical squads, those will be sitting ducks on the battlefield. Or you join them up to a 20x blob and find points for a apothecary and they can sit on home objectives. Either way, without transport they will be quite immobile and easy to take out as footslogging 10 man squads with no apothecary.

I wonder, where are these Palatine Blades you've mentioned...

I think it's a nice list. As Imren said, I'd opt for either ranged or melee dreadnoughts but it's up to you.

If you're playing traitors you could take Lord Commander Eidolon instead of your Praetor. I think he's some 15 points more expensive, but you get Archeotech Pistol, weird rending template and absolutely devastating S8 Ap2 on I6 on charge.

Oh, and I'd think about making the Assault Squad(s) larger, most likely at the cost of dropping one Tactical squad.

Thanks Imren -  will do a weapon swap on the squads and can do the double DCCW on the dreadies but don't have enough points for the grav / plasma on the dreadies without pinching some but I don't have much fat on any of my units

Thanks Lautrec - I can't take everything :happy.:  and have run them in smaller games so thought I would try another list build... if I were to take them then they would take the place of the terminators & Phobos.  This would free up around 50pts (enought for 4 more assault marines) but I am not sure which would be nastier in the backfiled - the 5 termies & Phobos or the Palatines?? - thoughts

If I was to pump up the assault squads by dropping a tactical or blob the tacticals into 1 then I am running short on objective holders who can just sit and dodge bullets ;-)    

Edited by RoadRunna