Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9th Edition Rumors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,742 posts

I know this may seem a bit of an odd one but a chap who sent me the Faith and Fury stuff and Slave to Darkness (AoS) information before anything online sent me a message about 9th Edition, his quote:

next summer 9th edition, marines and Necrons.

I wouldn’t expect it to be like 8th edition. More like AOS 2.0 where all the books stay current with the exception of the main rule book which is fine tuned. 
From a business point of view having a new edition next year seems like the only logical outcome in my opinion.

• Fulkes, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, Lord Nord and 1 other like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,412 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

If it is Marines vs. Necrons the whole Sigmarine and Primaris being released in the same pattern will be spot on. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,763 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

People who bought the mini-rulebook just to get disappointed by its content will be so happy if 9e is just around the corner. :D

That being said, this one I do doubt.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,800 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

I know this may seem a bit of an odd one but a chap who sent me the Faith and Fury stuff and Slave to Darkness (AoS) information before anything online sent me a message about 9th Edition, his quote:

next summer 9th edition, marines and Necrons.

I wouldn’t expect it to be like 8th edition. More like AOS 2.0 where all the books stay current with the exception of the main rule book which is fine tuned. 
From a business point of view having a new edition next year seems like the only logical outcome in my opinion.

I can believe it, if only for a way for them to roll the updates into the rules, and apply player feedback to the game (like MORE TERRAIN RULES). I'm hoping this comes with a rework of how the game handles CP as well. Less from the list building, more generated on a turn by turn basis like AoS.

• Trevak Dal and Exilyth like this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts

CP being nerfed would be good. More terrain rules would be great. Turn order is my white whale though, and if this is going to be a light rules update, we'll be shackled with whole army moves then fires still :|

Oh well. It's just a rumour. We'll see.

• SickSix and Fulkes like this

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 752 posts
It make sense to follow AoS pattern and release a new edition that doesn't invalidate older army books. Next summer would also be the logical timeframe. Necrons are a weird choice to showcase a new edition though.

Talbaz

Talbaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts

If it is Marines vs. Necrons the whole Sigmarine and Primaris being released in the same pattern will be spot on.

And if that the case it mean new grey knights

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts

It make sense to follow AoS pattern and release a new edition that doesn't invalidate older army books. Next summer would also be the logical timeframe. Necrons are a weird choice to showcase a new edition though.

I concur. Maybe they're hoping to get them more popular by making them a centerpiece. 

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,381 posts
If Necrons get some time in the spotlight I'll be ecstatic. That said, I'm not sure I can see this being true. I'd love to be wrong, though.
  • Red_Shift, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch and ranulf the revenant like this

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts

Not if the whole story arc with Blackstone is anything to go by
  • wildweasel, Fulkes and Aramis K like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,591 posts
New rumor: what everyone and their squig already was expecting ;)

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Willing to believe it given the source. Not sure what to expect really! Will be a good time though I'm sure.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,695 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

Honestly with all the changes the FAQs have done over the years I think 8th is already changed enough to be called a new edition, it certainly more different than 6th to 7th. But if this isnt just bringing all the FAQs into the rulebook then I would personally love to see the City Fight terrain rules being put into the main book.

• Captain_Krash likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,031 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

A necron vs marine box set would be even better than necron vs admech! Both of my armies together, plus a rulebook? That's hella savings for me!
I wonder if this will bring the Gravis Wave, as DI was Tacticus Wave and Shadowspear was Recon Wave. 

With any luck it will bring more new necron models (new Flayed Ones, please? Also pariahs? Pretty please with a scarab on top, GW?)

I am, on the whole, tentatively excited.

• Mr4Minutes likes this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

A necron vs marine box set would be even better than necron vs admech! Both of my armies together, plus a rulebook? That's hella savings for me!
I wonder if this will bring the Gravis Wave, as DI was Tacticus Wave and Shadowspear was Recon Wave. 

With any luck it will bring more new necron models (new Flayed Ones, please? Also pariahs? Pretty please with a scarab on top, GW?)

I am, on the whole, tentatively excited.

I don't know if I'd call wave 1 the "tacticus wave." Aside from Intercessors, Hellblasters, and three or so HQ's there weren't any Tacticus units. I think of Wave 1 more so as a "preview wave" where we were shown the main variants of Mk. X.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm, 24 October 2019 - 06:02 PM.

• Lord Nord likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,325 posts
Hmm.
Speculation below

And that marine box will be....

Primaris crusaders: chainsword shields, suppressors, techmarine, gravis 2 chonk,

Necron silent king, pariahs, flayers
  • Lord Nord likes this
banana

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,277 posts
  • Faction: Legio Magna

Certainly wouldn't say no to some new Necron kits

• Kierdale likes this

bl-logo.jpg

Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,054 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I love this rumor. I play Marines and my cousin plays necrons.  Ive only ever bought actual books, do the e codices and rule book update when faqs get released?

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,057 posts

This is pretty much the reason I rarely get excited for rules releases. I feel they're invalidated/obsolete so soon. I feel like I just pay to then pay again. I guess I'm getting old and can't keep up.

• mithrilforge, Trevak Dal, Karhedron and 2 others like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,106 posts
It reads like speculation from the source rather than a tidbit of insider info.

Timing is right though, looking at AoS.

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 707 posts
I play marines and I play crons...win win.

I do hope that 9th ushers in the death of IGUG and melds some of the ideas from both kill team and apocalypse. Some editions have been uneccessarily complicated and I feel 8th has gone too far the other way. I would love some more in depth rules for some mechanics that are a bit bare atm ie cover as an example.
  • Trevak Dal and Lanparth like this

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts

I play marines and I play crons...win win.

I do hope that 9th ushers in the death of IGUG and melds some of the ideas from both kill team and apocalypse. Some editions have been uneccessarily complicated and I feel 8th has gone too far the other way. I would love some more in depth rules for some mechanics that are a bit bare atm ie cover as an example.

You have no idea how badly I want IGUG to die. It'll increase the amount of 40k I play dramatically. Right now, Bolt Action is my game of choice, beyond just the setting, it's turn system is easily my favourite I've played since the 00's. As a game, it just floors 40k atm. Though people play 40k for reasons beyond its rules set obviously. 

• Galron, Maschinenpriester and Subtleknife like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,355 posts

People who bought the mini-rulebook just to get disappointed by its content will be so happy if 9e is just around the corner. :D

That being said, this one I do doubt.

People bought that rulebook?

A true long form rulebook was needed with rules explained not just lore and art

CP generation needs a change too

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,287 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels
Vehicle facings.
For the love he who sits upon the throne, bring back vehicle facings!
  • Magos Takatus, Marshal Loss, librisrouge and 4 others like this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 372 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

I´m hoping the marines in this case, if true, are Deathwatch (stop booing!biggrin.png )

• Mr4Minutes likes this

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users