Tournament Lists - Non-Standard

FinkleLord

Flesh is Weak

Has anyone had success with running non-standard lists with Iron Hands?  By that I mean lists that don't spam:

• Thunderfire Cannons
  • Executioners
  • Flyers

I have a ITC format tournament mid November and sadly I don't own any of those units listed. I'm trying to make a list that will still do well and have all my bases covered. I was thinking something like

Captain on Bike - SS and CC weapon

Lieutenant

Techmarine

Intercessors - Stalker 

Intercessors - Stalker 

Intercessors - Stalker 

Venerable Dreadnought - Lascannon and Missile Launcher

Relic Leviathan 

Contemptor Mortis Kheres Assault Cannon

Contemptor Mortis Kheres Assault Cannon

Whirlwind

Whirlwind

Repulosor - Lascannon and dakka

Repulosor - Lascannon and dakka

So pretty basic. I have been using the Captain on a Bike for awhile and he provides a good distraction and road block. No Ferrios due to not have much infantry (as I only have 20 Intercessors). Dreadnoughts and Repulsors trundle forward and the Whirlwinds hang back. Intercessors can either be deployed inside the tanks or on foot to screen. I know I don't have any infiltrators but with no Warsuits, Eliminators, and only 15 scouts I don't see much of options.  

What are some other good units people have used?

I'm a great propponent of Vindicators, I know they're very swingy in what they can do but for me they've always been worth their points. At 125 points they have the potential of doing 36 wounds at Str10, -4 AP and at T8 they're tough enough to carry that damage there. Which is why at my next tournament (albeit a fluffy tournament) I have 3 in my list.

I'm a great propponent of Vindicators, I know they're very swingy in what they can do but for me they've always been worth their points. At 125 points they have the potential of doing 36 wounds at Str10, -4 AP and at T8 they're tough enough to carry that damage there. Which is why at my next tournament (albeit a fluffy tournament) I have 3 in my list.

You could always go with Vindicators and "Target Protocols". What a real shame is, that you will not have Level 2 Librarians or Chaplains (from Psychic Awakening 2 end of November). Cheesy Iron Hands also could go for Land Speeders. In the long run I would also advice to go  for at least 1 or 2 Thunder Fire Cannons. I also am a big fan of every kind of Heavy Bolter (Thunder Fire Cannons share an equivalent profile so they count for that aspect as well). For my taste your list needs more 36" or more weapons. Simple Razorbacks do wonders but, well no old shool Marines for you, I guess.

The other weekend I play tested some games with friends and I ran CSM vs SW. The CSM had one Vindiciator and I was surprised at what it took down. Even with the -1 to hit they do some work! T8 is just icing on the cake!

I have been seeing a lot of "competitive" lists run Hunters. I see them as another cheap T8 selection, but their gun is okay.