Facing the Unknown II

Trokair

That is... incorrect, Shrike's vanilla... although I've modified his base since taking this picture to make him lower-profile. Big ugly chunks of rock don't belong on the base of a Chapter Master.

Oh ok, in the picture the head, while a little blurry, did look regular enough to be a helmet instead of a mess of hair.

Custom Hero, I like the random empire bits that are on your scout sergeants. On your Infiltrator conversions I take it toes are Deathwatch back packs, also nice touch on the apothecary lite. Also that second lieutenant appears to only have a pistol, a bit under armed?

The random empire parts are due to my visual theme of knightly armor. Heraldry is an easy way for me to keep track of different squads. This will follow over into all my other units.

The Infiltrators ate indeed sporting deathwatch backpacks. I thought it conveyed the same intention as GW’s antennae ones. I had left over apothecary arms and since the Helix Adept does appear to be an “apothecary lite” in his rule set, I found it pushed the theme across without having to source some very specific bits.

Excellent question about the Lieutenant, Trokair. I’m actually keeping them pretty straight forward from the codex allowance. This one is geared to the Reivers where the other is geared to the Incursors. Each has one of the complete load outs allowed in the Space Marine Codex. Here is a comparison to the model the 2nd Sergeant is based on. As you can see he’s fairly close.

69-CEE2-EA-A88-D-4-C3-D-9-C76-F9-B041-EA6-F5-C0-DE1-D095-46-FE-8071-67-D639-C9-E

I will add the smoke grenade when I figure out a way to model it that my skills will support.

Thanks for the inquiries and the support!

No more painting but I have built 2 venoms, archon and drazhar. Struggling with the latter in terms of head/ hair and getting it where it should be.

Aiming to spray and get the venoms done ASAP, Drazhar will be a longer journey :smile.: Stunning model!

drazhar1.jpg

archon1.jpg

venoms1.jpg

Edited by 01RTB01

I, point_Zer0, Vow to face the Unknown and will learn about the Adeptus Titanicus by 29 February 2020 by working on a Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment. Failure is not acceptable, though should I suffer it....but i will not.

At the moment i have it assembled and primed. But, as you can guess, ther is A LOT of work to be done.
med_gallery_98206_15916_307436.jpg

p.s I'm not late am i?

Edited by point_Zer0

I, point_Zer0, Vow to face the Unknown and will learn about the Adeptus Titanicus by 29 February 2020 by working on a Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment. Failure is not acceptable, though should I suffer it....but i will not.

At the moment i have it assembled and primed. But, as you can guess, ther is A LOT of work to be done.

p.s I'm not late am i?

What that's amazing what is this nonsense

One of the arms has fallen off a Guardsman and is now lost in the Warp-Carpet... Other than that minor setback I have most of the colour down on a Leman Russ and I'm trying to figure out the camo for the Veterans. I dont want to do a plain grey pants/jacket combo so I might mix things up a little, grey pants and a green jacket etc, representing Vets who have had to strip the dead for decent equipment and clothing. 

p.s I'm not late am i?

Welcome Point_Zer0, and you are defiantly not too late :biggrin.:

Any ideas yet on colour schemes yet?

So... 

I've not got anything undercoated as there's been a foot of snow in a 24 hour period but I've played around with some lists. I've some stuff en route but the first two listed detachments are what I've got physically here. I'll aim to complete the patrol [2 venoms and an archon] before expanding it into the first detachment which will be a kabalite battalion... The first two detachments will give me a 1750 point list but I'm aiming for a 1k list first, try it out and see how it goes.

Everything will be named and 'fluffed' but at this stage, only the archon is named.

Kabal of the Flayed Skull/ Shard of Oblivion/ Splinter of Endless Agony
Archon K'chekerek the Merciless + Famed Savagery + Huskblade

Drazhar, Master of Blades

Strifekin 5 Kabalite Warriors + Blaster
Brachus Venom + 2x Splinter Cannons

The Dark Riders 5 Kabalite Warriors + Shredder
Talon of Agony Venom + 2x Splinter Cannons

Scions of Death 5 Warriors + Blaster

Ghrondi 5 Incubi + Klaivex Tullaris + Demi-Klaives
Jade Palace of Pain Raider + Disintegrator cannon

Uraithen Ravager + Triple Disintegrators

Darkshard Ravager + Triple Disintegrators

Cult of Red Grief/ Circle of Slaughter
Succubus Yuria Poisonblade + Agoniser + Archite Glaive

The Seraphon 10 Wyches + Hekatrix Laithakir Fellheart Blast pistol + Agoniser + Shardnet and Impaler

The Messengers - 5 Scourges + 4 Haywire Blasters

Aggraunir 6 Reavers + 2 Heat Lances + Cluster Caltrops

The Thorn 5 Hellions

Nightfang Razorwing + Dual Disintegrators

Sulekh Razorwing + Dual Disintegrators

Karmaniola Voidraven Bomber + Voidraven missiles

To arrive 

Fast Attack 5 Scourges + 4 Haywire Blasters

Fast Attack 5 Scourges + 4 Haywire Blasters

Elites 5 Incubi

Venom
 Venom
 Venom
 Venom
 Venom
 Venom

20 warriors + 2 Splinter Cannons + 4  shredders

Edited by 01RTB01

So over the weekend I found most of the parts of the stormsurge for my vow. Due to reasons of a few (poor) financial choices over the summer I don't have the funds to get replacement parts for it yet.

I'd like to switch my vow to the main Vanguard detachment since I have all the kits/parts for that and will return to the stormsurge next year.

That way I'm working on the army still.

Edited by Focslain

So over the weekend I found most of the parts of the stormsurge for my vow. Due to reasons of a few (poor) financial choices over the summer I don't have the funds to get replacement parts for it yet.

I'd like to switch my vow to the main Vanguard detachment since I have all the kits/parts for that and will return to the stormsurge next year.

What are you missing from the surge? What will you be sticking in your vanguard? :)

What are you missing from the surge? What will you be sticking in your vanguard? :smile.:

The head and maybe an arm, I have to double check on that. There is a custom head I'd like to get, but that is a $30 purchase (shapeways).

As for the Vanguard, I have a 1K version of the list that is a coldstar, riptide and two units of 4 battle suits. I have that due to getting the vanguard apoc box, just have to bash out a nice radar dome/drone controller. 

What are you missing from the surge? What will you be sticking in your vanguard? :smile.:

The head and maybe an arm, I have to double check on that. There is a custom head I'd like to get, but that is a $30 purchase (shapeways).

As for the Vanguard, I have a 1K version of the list that is a coldstar, riptide and two units of 4 battle suits. I have that due to getting the vanguard apoc box, just have to bash out a nice radar dome/drone controller. 

Good luck on the search. Which shapeways head?

Look forward to seeing your suits built!

I've now named my initial force and vehicles. The Kabalite squad leaders don't deserve names as they really are beneath the archon ;)

Good luck on the search. Which shapeways head?

Look forward to seeing your suits built!

This one

After thinking on it I could do a Outrider detachment first instead. Ran the numbers and I can make recon force of a little over 500pts.

Coldstar Commander - HOBC, missile pod x2, shield generator - 144 pts

Crisis Battlesuit squad - 262 pts

- Shas'vre - CIB, missile pod, shield generator

- Shas'ui x2 - CIB, missile pod, shield generator

- Shas'ui - CIB, missile pod, drone controller

Tactical Drone squad (x3) - 120 pts

- Marker Drone x2

- Shield Drone x2

Total: 526 pts

This would give me something to use against patrols. This would be a force recon since I really only have a squad to take objectives.

I have the coldstar done already.

coldstar

(I'll get a better picture later)

For the drones I want to kit bash a pairing of marker/shield drone to look a little like the AIF-7S Ghost Fighter from Macross Frontier (seen here)

I have an idea I'll get together later.

Edited by Focslain

Welcome Point_Zer0, and you are defiantly not too late :biggrin.:

Any ideas yet on colour schemes yet?

I've already have some lore prepared and a custop paint scheme. As i have an Alpha legion army, i'm gonna make my titan legio in serpent style. The color is gonna be dark green-blue. The head has base paints already on (though it is really hard to show you the true color using the camera on a cellphone )

emZ5AAhD4BM.jpg

I, Hymnblade, Vow to face the Unknown and will learn about the 8th edition Black Templars by 29 February 2020 by working on a Patrol Detachment.

"Face the Unknown" seems appropriate: I haven't played since early 4th edition, and have forgotten basically everything about painting and modeling. This time around, I'm really trying to develop skills and learn from people who know what they're doing.

I vowed a Patrol because a Battalion wasn't listed as an option, but what I'm actually aiming for is this list:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [55 PL, 7CP, 999pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Black Templars, Imperial Fists Successor

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of extra Relics

+ HQ +

Captain [5 PL, 74pts]: 1. Legendary Fighter, Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Teeth of Terra, Warlord

The Emperor's Champion [4 PL, 75pts]

+ Troops +

Crusader Squad [5 PL, 103pts]
. 2x Initiate
. Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma cannon
. Initiate w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Sword Brother: Chainsword, Combi-plasma

Crusader Squad [5 PL, 103pts]
. 2x Initiate
. Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma cannon
. Sword Brother: Chainsword, Combi-plasma

Crusader Squad [15 PL, 188pts]
. 5x Initiate w/Chainsword
. 7x Neophyte w/Combat Knife
. Sword Brother: Bolt pistol, Power fist

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [7 PL, 162pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Land Raider Crusader [14 PL, 294pts]: Hunter-killer missile, 2x Hurricane bolter, Multi-melta, Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

++ Total: [55 PL, 7CP, 999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Besides the Redemptor and a handful of other bitz I plan to pick up soon, these are all models I already have, but I'm stripping and repainting almost all of them. I was actually partway into the project before noticing this event. Here are some photos so far:

fa27Huu.jpg

Jp3jbGx.jpg

First attempt at using glazes for a plasma glow effect. Also, first attempt at using glazes at all.

GebTmbL.jpg

Comparison of a repainted guy against an older guy. I'm very happy with the decision to use red weapon casings and gold chains this time.

gHiAvB1.jpg

The marines that are finished so far, except for basing because I need to go buy some plasticard.

Welcome Hymnblade, Looking good there so far, I do like the look of that plasma.

I assume the big squad and both character hitch a lift in the Land Raider while the other squads and Dread give supporting fire. Also are you sure that you are Black Templar and not Dark Angle, there is a lot of Plasma in that list :P

I deliberately did not allow the larger detachments for the first vow as I did not want participants to over commit. Better to do several smaller detachments one after the other then do one big detachment and fail because it was just too much. Also, technically your 1000p list fits into a Patrol Detachment just fine.

Point_Zer0, looking good so far, and while the camera might not show it as well I do like the subtle shade of dark blue; also Kudos on the lenses.

Focslain, given the circumstance a change in detachment is acceptable; just let me know if it is back to the Vanguard or if you do intend to do the Outrider.

01RTB01, that is a lot of Venoms you are planning to build!

Trawling Cleaner, nice progress.