Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts on the old metal Broodlord kit versus newer ones?

Tyranids Broodlord Genestealer Patriarch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts

Right, so, I was given an old metal Broodlord for free by a friend of mine when I first picked up my 'Nids Kill Team (alas, I didn't go with Genestealers or I'd have a proper Kill Team: Commander list). I was wondering what the general consensus on the lad is, and how he compares to the newer Broodlord and Patriarch (read: Other Broodlord) kits.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Arson Fire

Arson Fire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

Well, it's just a different sculpt.  All the broodlord sculpts are great.

Some people like to convert that one to match the original concept art a bit closer.  Rotating the arms to put them down by its side, and swapping the head.  I did something similar with mine.  But there's nothing wrong with the sculpt as it is.

xkxxCX8.png

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,137 posts

The old Broodlord is much smaller than the new plastic one which is as large as a Patriarch. Much easier to conceal.

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,290 posts

I never liked the head back and screaming pose, but otherwise the model is fine. I'd try to convert it to be like he above, more sneaky like. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tyranids, Broodlord, Genestealer Patriarch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users